Vending Machines of the Wastes

Mod releases and conversions.
Gribbleshnibit8

Vending Machines of the Wastes

Post by Gribbleshnibit8 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:13 pm

This mod needs the MOST RECENT version of NVSE

Download link: Nexus

DESCRIPTION:

Introducing the Vending Machines of the Wastes, a mod that brings vending machines to life. No more are they dead hulks left over from a bygone era of wealth and prosperity. Vending machines of all types have been given a new life!

Vending Machines of the Wastes includes:

1. The one and only Ammo Vending Machine, predecessor to VMW.

2. Working Nuka-Cola and Sunset Sarsaparilla machines.

3. A Weapon Mod vending machine (different from WMVM, but with the same function).

4. Magazine vending machines that will actually vend magazines once every three days. See what you get before you buy.

5. Eat'o'tronic machines now function, though in the vanilla game they do nothing. More below.

6. The brand new Weapon Vending Machine featured by the Gun Runners. You have to use it to believe it!

DETAILS:

For locations and other information, see the read-me.

Ammo V ending Machine:

The Ammo Vending Machine requires that you equip the weapon for which you want ammo. That's about the only requirement, that and lots and lots of caps. You'll be paying a hefty 4x premium for the semi-convenience of purchasing any type of ammo. The Ammo Vending Machine does not however, stock very exotic ammo types. You will be unable to purchase ammo for the Euclid's C-Finder.

Nuka-Cola and Sunset Sarsaparilla Machines:

These old prewar machines are amazingly still operational, usually. Unless previously tampered with, these machines usually still function, though they're running a bit low on stock. Now when activating a soda machine you are given a prompt to purchase a drink (for prewar money). You can always just pick the locks on the things though. Once they're out they're out. You're buying the existing stock. However, it's still worth cracking them open as sometimes there are caps and other goodies inside.

Weapon Mod Vending Machine:

The weapon mod vending machine in VMW is functionally identical to the one in WMVM, just written by me instead. No real reason except that I wanted one in my mod. Currently only one machine exists in the Mojave area, located at the Gun Runners Compound.

Magazine Vending Machines:

Magazine machines now sell magazines (any type) for 3x the base price. These prewar machines have been modified to accept payment in caps for the convenience of strip patrons. As well as the normal inventory, they also have a "daily special" visible behind the glass available for a discounted price (half price).

Eat'o'tronic:

These prewar machines were common in areas with a lot of foot traffic. They sold common goods like snacks, Mentats, and in rare cases Stimpaks. There are very few left in the Mojave area, and all of those were ransacked long ago for their wares. This part of the mod will only do anything for those who use TTW and are in the Capital Wasteland. However, all of the machines have built in computers that are still functional and can be hacked.

Weapon Vending Machine:

Finally, the main show, the reason for why you should even consider this mod! The weapon vending machine is a brand new, fully scripted and quite amazing device. It is capable of selling nearly every weapon in the game, including all DLC and those added by mods* (assuming the mod is made correctly). The weapon list is in categories, broken down by type and skill of the weapons, as well as DLC and mods where applicable. The machine will not sell unique, cheat, or dev weapons.

See the readme (linked above) for more details.

OTHER:

Vending Machines of the Wastes is the successor to Ammo Vending Machine (and replaces it). This mod includes all of the features in AVM, and should probably not be used along side it, though nothing bad will happen if you do.

* The WVM uses a whole bunch of base lists that hold all different types of weapons. If a mod adds its weapons to these lists, it'll appear in the WVM. If you do not see your favorite mod's weapons, talk to the mod author about fixing their mod.

KNOWN ISSUES:

1. Occasionally a magazine will fall through the world and disappear. The machines reset every day, so check back the next day.

2. The Nuka and Sarsaparilla machines are broken. This was a mistake in the script that breaks them. Updating to 2.1 with a clean save will fix the issue.

3. Because of the way the WVM finds weapons, it will display uniques from mods that are not supported. Leave a comment with a mod and a link to it, and I will work on patching it to work.

thermador

Wow great mod!  Does this

Post by thermador » Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:01 pm

Wow great mod!  Does this work just in New Vegas?  Or will it work in the Capital Wasteland too?

Dentaria

Tried it, found some in

Post by Dentaria » Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:07 pm

Tried it, found some in craterside supply so I would say yes!

Are you playing games with me god damnit!

Senterpat

Great mod, but I came across

Post by Senterpat » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:40 am

Great mod, but I came across a bug, it seems once you get locked out of a eatatronic, they are all blocked.

Call me Pat. Senterpat is too much to type.

Gribbleshnibit8

Hmm, that could happen. I'll

Post by Gribbleshnibit8 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:27 pm

Hmm, that could happen. I'll have to do a reset on that terminal then. Didn't think about that.

Uxion

I can't seem to find the ammo

Post by Uxion » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:59 pm

I can't seem to find the ammo machines in their respective places.

The cola and eatatronic machines still work well, but sometimes randomly when I press 'e' the 'Unlock Nuca Cola Machine' menu suddenly opens.

I guess this is because it has not yet been adapted to 2.0

I haven't tested it out in the NV portion yet.

Gribbleshnibit8

That's because with the

Post by Gribbleshnibit8 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:29 pm

That's because with the changes made in 2.0, I need to rewrite the script to use Fallout3.esm for the locations, not FalloutNV.esm. I will be working on that soon and will also add some more WVMs to the CW as well.

The 3rd Type

Looks like it is now, good

Post by The 3rd Type » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:18 am

Looks like it is now, good job Gribs!

jimbojones

hey the nuka cola machines

Post by jimbojones » Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:19 pm

hey the nuka cola machines are the only ones i have ran into yet, but they aren't taking my pre war money, they are taking 2 caps, which is lame cuz caps come easy and i like the idea of pre war money being used. is this just mine? how can i fix this?

Gribbleshnibit8

That could be me making

Post by Gribbleshnibit8 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:59 am

That could be me making stupid mistakes again. I had copied that script into another mod, where I noticed a HUGE flaw in the old version, whereby it wouldn't update the inventory. So long as you didn't exit you could purchase an infinite amount of anything (provided you had the money). So instead of rewriting the fix my lazy self copied it over and just edited a few bits. So I probably missed where it says caps instead of prewar money. I'll have to fix that.