Post by rickerhk » Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:03 pm

Name: Brisa Almodovar TTW Edition

Version: 1.0.5 Beta

Category: Companions

Date: November 23, 2013 - Updated 02-18-2014

Author: RickerHK

INTRODUCTION:

REQUIRES NVSE 2beta12 or later.

This mod adds a new Follower to the Fallout 3 world - Brisa Almodovar. Being Amata's cousin, and just a year older, she grew up with you and Amata in Vault 101. As events heat up for you and you are forced to leave Vault 101, you can choose to take her with you. The actions you take on the way out matter to her, though it's not difficult to meet her requirement. If for some reason she does not go with you, or you don't want anything to do with her to start off, you will get an opportunity to take her with you during MS16 (Trouble on the Home front), after resolving that quest.

You don't need to start a new game to have her as a companion. If you add the mod later, she will be in Springvale (level < 10) or the sniper shack.

If you are currently in the middle of 'Escape', Raven Rock, Tranquility lane, 'Trouble on the Home Front', 'Take it Back!', or ANY of the Fallout 3 DLC's, finish it before activating this mod.

Please see the Readme on the Fallout3 Nexus mod page (also included in the archive) for complete details - http://fallout3.nexusmods.com/mods/14448/?

This TTW edition turned out to be more than just a simple conversion :)

This is beta because I haven't gone everywhere yet in the TTW world. So there might be bugs, but I don't know of any.

New things for TTW:

1. Fully functional companion wheel (with sound) and with submenus for Aggro and weapon selection.

2. If you level her survival skill, you get a survival bonus when crafting at her campfire.

3. Optional Lings plugins for hair/color if you have Lings.esm (either the one here on TTW site or ModDB).

This beta package is the complete mod, with a fomod installer tested on NMM, FOMM, and MO. Later on I may post a mod page on FNV Nexus with just the ESM to keep the assets separate.

One thing that has changed from the FO3 version when meeting Brisa - If you already have a game in progress and are level < 10, she won't come looking for you - she will be in Springvale. Otherwise she will be at the sniper shack.

Places that Brisa can follow you in an immersive way:

1. Tranquility Lane

2. Vault87/Raven Rock capture

3. Point Lookout

4. The Pitt

5. Mothership Zeta

6. Operation Anchorage

7. Broken Steel

Just make sure she is following when you enter these places and the scripting will handle the rest.

If you find any bugs please let me know.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

paragonskeep

The one thing that I hated

Post by paragonskeep » Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:15 am

The one thing that I hated about merging FO3 for TTW was the loss of Brisa. You just made my day. Fantastic mod great companion and fits very well within the game. Great job and thank you for re-making her for TTW.

If life is but a test, where's the damn answer key?!?!?

rickerhk

V1.0.1 Beta fixes:

Post by rickerhk » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:48 am

V1.0.1 Beta fixes:

Fixed - Major AI conflict between Brisa's wheel variables and combat style - preventing her from firing a weapon.

Fixed - Her food is now useful for hardcore mode.

Other minor script fixes.

Mod archive updated to 1.0.1 in the OP

@paragonskeep

Thanks for the kind words :)

Junomars

Thanks for porting this over

Post by Junomars » Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:44 am

Thanks for porting this over to TTW.  Im using 1.0.1 and there is the combat menu bug that keeps popping up when i talk to her which I have to constantly pick attack on sight, then the wheel comes up.  Also, sometimes during combat she can't fire her weapon.  I've been using her for quite a while now and only recently the weapon fire bug has been happening.  I tried using the reset weapon script and it works sometimes, but it still happens frequently.  Also, there were times where Brisa went bald which was quite funny, not sure what caused it. Other than that everything else works great.  What i did now was dismissed her and rehired her to see if that would help.  Anyways, if I find any other bugs ill post it here.   Thanks again.

rickerhk

Thanks. And thanks for the

Post by rickerhk » Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:49 pm

Thanks. And thanks for the feedback.

Do you mean the combat menu where you press the 'talk' button? That should bring up the wheel. But after that I did notice that the submenu for aggression isn't working. The workaround would be to press talk on the wheel menu and talk to her in tactics.

I found one more spot where the combat style might not get set properly if she is not set to essential but she revives after combat and could cause her not being able to fire a weapon. There might be others. I am still play testing. Clearing the weapon scripts doesn't seem to work for that at the moment, but opening her weapon slot and closing it will reset it properly.

Junomars

Oh yes sorry, its the set

Post by Junomars » Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:52 pm

Oh yes sorry, its the set aggression mode menu that pops up randomly, but frequent when i talk to her.  When it pops up though the companion wheel is still there so there are no problems with the wheel.  Shes set to essential in my game, but hasn't been unconscious yet.  Anyways, thanks again and will post anything else I find.  

rickerhk

I've been wanting to bring

Post by rickerhk » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:16 pm

I've been wanting to bring her over for some time now. I finally just took the time and did it, and feel that it was time well-spent.

paragonskeep

rickerhk wrote:

Post by paragonskeep » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:39 pm

[quote=rickerhk]

I've been wanting to bring her over for some time now. I finally just took the time and did it, and feel that it was time well-spent.

[/quote]

And we are all very appreciative in you doing so.

If life is but a test, where's the damn answer key?!?!?

rickerhk

Updated to 1.0.2 - Installer

Post by rickerhk » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:25 pm

Updated to 1.0.2 - Installer posted in the OP.

Fixed - added code in Weapon script to update combat style variables and AI package if needed, every iteration

Fixed - aggression and weapon switch submenus for wheel now appear if wheel is called from her combat menu. Tweaks on her combat guard packages.

rickerhk

Updated to V1.0.3 in the

Post by rickerhk » Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:40 am

Updated to V1.0.3 in the first post.

V1.0.3 Beta fixes: Fixed - Took Big Guns out of her books to read formlist. added Wasteland Survival Guide.

Fixed - Survival use count increment and apply to SPECIAL advancement.

Added - Plugin that allows you to talk to a Wheeled follower when you are sitting, and stay sitting. Works for any companion.

Fixed - dialog with Brisa when sitting with/without the wheel.

Fixed - If she is 'sleeping till I wake you' and you talk to her through the wheel/Hot key, she will resume following rather than let her AI wander off to a random bed in a loaded cell.

Fixed - added eight more names for beds that her power nap script can recognize.

Fixed - Brisa's OA quest stops right as player sits in sim chair.

Changed - DLC02MontgomeryStarts package target is editor location, but Montgomery's editor location is up in the air a bit and player camera can end up in his head as he drops down and slides forward. Changed package target to DLC02SgtMontgomeryStart XMarkerHeading.

Test playthru Operation Anchorage ok after fix.

Test playthru Tranquility Lane ok

Test Playthru Point Lookout and the Bog ok.