Crashing when getting close to Point Lookout

General help and technical troubleshooting. Ask for help here if you can't find an answer in the FAQ.
Blox

Crashing when getting close to Point Lookout

Post by Blox » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:26 pm

I CTD whenever getting close to Point Lookout . (It looks like it's crashing whenever I'm close enough for the game to recognize it as discovered.) GNR Stutters for about a minute while the game is frozen and then it crashes. Ive tried TCLing and approaching from different angles but no dice. Also tried deleting, redownloading, and reinstalling. Running out of options. I saw another post a few years ago about this same problem, but it wasn't addressed. Hopefully I don't fall on deaf ears. It's very gamebreaking since I wanted to use the USS Hoodwinked shortly after increasing the signal power for GNR.

FNV and FO3 versions: Steam DLs with all DLC

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

RoyBatty

Your install log looks clean.

Post by RoyBatty » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:55 pm

Your install log looks clean.

Clarify when it crashes, when approaching the dock on the ship?

Uninstall the hoodwink and check again.

Blox

It seems to crash when

Post by Blox » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:42 am

It seems to crash when approaching the Hoodwinked/Riverboat Landing area...I'd say the Hoodwinked area for sure but bc of the CTDs, I'm not sure where it is exactly located.

Uninstalled Hoodwinked and tried, still CTDing.  Not sure if it's a TTW bug or if Hoodwinked caused it...

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

RoyBatty

It's not TTW since I can find

Post by RoyBatty » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:18 am

It's not TTW since I can find no evidence of anyone else having this issue that wasn't using that mod.

Risewild

Not really a fix, but are you

Post by Risewild » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:22 am

Not really a fix, but are you using NVAC? With luck, it might make it so it won't crash there.

Deathclaw_Mayor16

He is using Monster Mod.And

Post by Deathclaw_Mayor16 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:45 am

He is using Monster Mod.And IIRC,the faq says that isnt compatible with TTW.Might not be the reason but you never know.

Risewild

Oh, so that's what that MoMod

Post by Risewild » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:22 am

Oh, so that's what that MoMod is? That makes so much sense... No wonder people call Monster Mod "MoMod" xD. I didn't even associated both.

RoyBatty

I did not catch that, that

Post by RoyBatty » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:35 am

I did not catch that, that could very well be it.

jlf65

You might also try disabling

Post by jlf65 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:00 pm

You might also try disabling some extra/big mods that don't pertain to the vanilla game to see if that makes a difference, like The Big Apple or World of Pain.

Decker

Might also be a problem with

Post by Decker » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:34 pm

Might also be a problem with the integrated Intel HD Graphics GPU not supporting all of the required 3D graphics stuff like shader models and whatnot - For example, my old backup laptop from the year 2008 has integrated graphics (Intel GMA4500HD), and it cannot run Fallout 3 at all (completely missing required shader model support), but turns out it can actually run barebones Fallout New Vegas (just barely at 12 frames per second or so - not what I would call really playable). I personally would not trust any integrated Intel HD graphics solutions for 3D gaming uses - although more costly, a system with a proper discrete GPU card is highly preferable.

Also, 4GB of ram seems kinda low for Windows 8 AFAIK (especially with the integrated graphics using up some of that), dunno if that could cause problems. Seems like your system could be upgraded with more memory (up to a theoretical 16GB maximum, although 8GB would propably be sufficient for your system), but I am not entirely sure if that would help with the crashing issue (at least it would improve basic windows performance).