Invisible Pipboy

General help and technical troubleshooting. Ask for help here if you can't find an answer in the FAQ.
pentelo

Invisible Pipboy

Post by pentelo » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:37 am

So the hotfixes on the download page caused an issue where the game would freeze upon trying to enter moriarty's saloon. So I downloaded TTW Fixes which solved that problem, but not my pipboy is invisible (part of arm is indivisible too) and there is this white floating square upon trying to open it. I tried looking around but couldn’t find any posts on what I’m experiencing.

Windows 10, Intel Core i5-6500 CPU @ 3.20GHz, 8GB RAM

FOMM ver 0.14.13

Steam Download/F3 and FNV GOTY editions

edit: so it seems that TTWFixes is specifically causing my issues with the pipboy being invisible, as it works fine without the patch, but I have no idea why as nobody has reported an issue like this before. :-(

Stuff I have tried so far:

-removing and reloading the pipboy

-making ini core adjustments

-removing TTW fixes (pipboy is now fine, but crash upon entering moriarty's saloon every time)

-enabled achieve invalidation

-redownloaded TTW fixes

-double checking ini files are not read only

-double checking no mods are installed by NMM from when I used to use that

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

RoyBatty

Everything looks fine.

Post by RoyBatty » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:36 pm

Everything looks fine.

open the console and try this

player.removeitem 15038

player.additem 15038

player.equipitem 15038

pentelo

Thanks for replying, I gave

Post by pentelo » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:08 pm

Thanks for replying, I gave that a try (with quantity amounts) that but it didn't help. I attached a picture of what it looks like, not sure if that will help. 

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mystical Panda

If you remove the pipboy

Post by Mystical Panda » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:30 pm

If you remove the pipboy using the above command does your arm look ok? Does the pipboy look the same from different perspectives- like from a 3rd person instead of 1st? or does it still show a large white box where the pipboy should be?

pentelo

When it's removed the arm is

Post by pentelo » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:51 pm

When it's removed the arm is still invisible but there is no white box (it's more like a flat semi transparent white shape actually). And yes first and third POV are the same, white box when equipped, no white box when removed. edit: the pipboy was working up until I added the TTW fixes (https://taleoftwowastelands.com/content/ttw-fixes-222-official-bugfix-pack-ttw), so I think something in there might be interfering with the model/texture, or I mght have done something incorrectly? I only have one mod installed besides TOTW, hotfixes, and TTW fixes and that's TTW essential companions. 

Mystical Panda

pentelo wrote:

Post by Mystical Panda » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:21 pm

[quote=pentelo]

When it's removed the arm is still invisible but there is no white box (it's more like a flat semi transparent white shape actually). And yes first and third POV are the same, white box when equipped, no white box when removed. edit: the pipboy was working up until I added the TTW fixes (https://taleoftwowastelands.com/content/ttw-fixes-222-official-bugfix-pack-ttw), so I think something in there might be interfering with the model/texture, or I mght have done something incorrectly? I only have one mod installed besides TOTW, hotfixes, and TTW fixes and that's TTW essential companions. 

[/quote]

k, just checking. Some of my pipboy shots seemed stretched out for some reason, and was wondering if it looked the same or slightly different from a different perspective on yours. I'm not sure on the fixes, if you uninstall the ttw fixes does it correct the problem your having with the pipboy? 

pentelo

If I disable TTW fixes the

Post by pentelo » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:33 pm

If I disable TTW fixes the the pipboy works fine, but then I crash when trying to enter moriarty's saloon. I'm going to try starting a new game and see if that helps at all.

Mystical Panda

pentelo wrote:

Post by Mystical Panda » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:54 pm

[quote=pentelo]

If I disable TTW fixes the the pipboy works fine, but then I crash when trying to enter moriarty's saloon. I'm going to try starting a new game and see if that helps at all.

[/quote]

Good luck- I wish I was able to help you more. A quick search on the problem had solutions like deleting Gob, and many others which shouldn't really apply or be used. I'm testing out Fallout NV, with my TTW build on a completely different pc. Maybe if I can get some free time, I can move that on this one where I can try and help test some of these things out. I've heard it's been fixed for the new release, but if we knew what the fix was, a patch could more than likely be made fairly quickly just to address this. 

GrantSP

That screenshot looks like it

Post by GrantSP » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:58 am

That screenshot looks like it is displaying a missing texture marker for the pipboy.

Are you sure you're not missing a BSA or you used and now removed a PipBoy replacer incorrectly?

pentelo

I doubt it, it's a completely

Post by pentelo » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:06 am

I don't think so, it's a completely fresh install of FNV, f3 and TTW, with only TTW fixes, TTW hotfixes, and TTW Essential companions install. The pipboy works correctly if I uninstall TTW Fixes.