Upon Launching New Vegas, I have no Menu, game freezes

General help and technical troubleshooting. Ask for help here if you can't find an answer in the FAQ.
TheOblivionCrew

Upon Launching New Vegas, I have no Menu, game freezes

Post by TheOblivionCrew » Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:01 pm

Hello, thanks for taking the time to read this.

I just installed A Tale of Two Wastelands, and upon starting New Vegas(with all the ESMs in the right order, all enabled), my game has no arrow, no menu, nor the Tale of Two Wastelands Menu Art in the background. Instead, I get the Fallout 3 main theme playing, and what is otherwise a normal boot up of New Vegas(same background art) but as I said no user interface. Any ideas as to what's going on? Removing A Tale of Two Wastelands and all its files restores my New Vegas to working condition, so I don't believe it's an issue with my base game files. Also, I disabled all mods(aside from A Tale of Two Wastelands) when launching, so it's not an incompatibility issue.

JaxFirehart

Something didn't patch

Post by JaxFirehart » Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:19 pm

Something didn't patch properly, did you get any errors on running the installer? If you didn't get any errors, try running it again and tell it to install TTW to the desktop.

TheOblivionCrew

No, I didn't get any errors

Post by TheOblivionCrew » Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:04 pm

No, I didn't get any errors in the installer. I did also try installing to my desktop already, that's how I made the last installation. I'll try it again though.

JaxFirehart

You might need to make a

Post by JaxFirehart » Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:09 pm

You might need to make a completely clean installation of FNV then

TheOblivionCrew

No, I didn't get any errors

Post by TheOblivionCrew » Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:10 pm

Woops, made a double post.

In any case, I'll give that a try later. Thanks for your help.

TheOblivionCrew

Well, I tried a fresh install

Post by TheOblivionCrew » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:14 am

Well, I tried a fresh install of New Vegas. No dice. Game still has the same issue when A tale of Two Wastelands is installed.

Computerrock1

For all those that are having

Post by Computerrock1 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:23 pm

For all those that are having slow loading times, I suggest using this mod: http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/46074

It re-compresses all of the textures and reduces the amount of data the game has to load. The quality of the texture will be the same as it they were before, while significantly reducing load time! 

This program takes a long time to run so don't worry if it looks like it isn't doing anything.

ElectricMessiah

@Computerrock1  I thought

Post by ElectricMessiah » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:37 pm

@Computerrock1  I thought about using this, but I'm nervious about not being able to undo it.

Also, how benificial is it to compress the .bsa files?  

Computerrock1

I haven't attempted to

Post by Computerrock1 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:21 pm

I haven't attempted to compress the .bsa, if you compress the files and you feel the need to undo it, then reinstall FO3 and FNV as well as TTW and you should be fine. Also any mods that utilize outside textures, it's a lot to redo, but the truth is, the visual impact is unnoticeable while the performance increase is very noticeable.

Bashis

Im getting this exact error,

Post by Bashis » Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:16 pm

Im getting this exact error, what appears to be normal bootup leading to indefinite main menu pic with no menu options or mouse, currently trying a fresh install to desktop instead of the nv directory and the texture compressor in the link, already tried just waiting like an aboave post mentioned, nothing after at least 20 mins, and with my rig it should load almost instantly.

*update* clean install of EVERYTHING, new vegas, fallout 3, and ttw, full patched and everyting, absolutely no mods except this, problem persists, still boots up normally heads to the main menu and hangs, no newgame/load/option buttons just pic and music, forever. no errors during install, tried directly into the nv directory and copy paste form desktop install, any ideas?