Is there a way to replace DT with DR?

General discussion of Tale of Two Wastelands
burntcheese

Is there a way to replace DT with DR?

Post by burntcheese » Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:49 pm

I'm tired of wasting all of my ammo on a mutant/enclave.  Is there a mod or something that can fix this?

Puppettron
Gary

use bigger guns. or AP ammo.

Post by Puppettron » Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:04 pm

use bigger guns. or AP ammo.

perms:  either a full fireworks display spelling out "Puppettron Made This" anytime a user accesses my content in-game, or just give me credit somewhere.

Gallahorn

Or just run with Realistic

Post by Gallahorn » Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:41 pm

Or just run with Realistic weapon dmg. Bulletspoonges are no fun

Risewild

Energy weapons also negates

Post by Risewild » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:19 am

Energy weapons also negates some armor.

RoyBatty

No rebalance here, RWED is

Post by RoyBatty » Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:35 pm

No rebalance here, RWED is fun without it. :D

Kameraden

I would suggest changing

Post by Kameraden » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:17 pm

I would suggest changing tactics vs downloading new mods or rebalancing.  For one My primary weapons currently are a "Chinese" pistol, "Assault" Rifle, and "Hunting" Rifle.  As well as around half a dozen to a dozen hand grenades on hand at all times for hard targets or groups of hard targets who get too close.  

Chinese Pistol is for picking on annoying Raiders/Small Fry like Mole Rats, and such, Assault Rifle is for picking on Low end Super Muts, Talen Company, and enemies in general who can HURT but lack defense in most respects.  Hunting Rifle is for hard targets with high DT, Super Mutant Masters, Power Armored Boy Scouts, etc etc.  Hand Grenades?  When they get close enough, a good back up vs using my Hunting Rifle.  

This is the same tactics I used on New Vegas and so far it's working on Fallout 3 on TTW just fine.  This is without using special ammunition types either.  I'm using "Standard" ammunition for all weapons currently, though mostly because of a lack of surplus of ammo.  If it wasn't for the fact that .308 rounds are hard to come by I'd likely not carry hand grenades at all.    Also I play on Hardcore mode "Normal" Difficulty.  This is just my experience thus far.   I'm tempted to picking up a grenade rifle, but until I get my explosive skill up higher it's just too inaccurate in VATs to use safely, since I love using VATs. lol

"You are only lost if you give up on yourself." Hans-Ulrich Rudel

RoyBatty

Yeah I play with PN mostly

Post by RoyBatty » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:58 pm

Yeah I play with PN mostly FWE like on Very Hard with RWED, MMM, AWOP and other mods to keep the game from being boring and easy. On normal I could probably go through the entire game with a .32 pistol... hrm that might be a new challenge.

Kameraden

RoyBatty wrote:

Post by Kameraden » Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:39 am

[quote=RoyBatty]

Yeah I play with PN mostly FWE like on Very Hard with RWED, MMM, AWOP and other mods to keep the game from being boring and easy. On normal I could probably go through the entire game with a .32 pistol... hrm that might be a new challenge.

[/quote]

Good Luck completing Broken Steel's Story Quest with just a .22 Pistol.   One quest, Death Claws, Death Claws everywhere, even with power armor they hurt like nothing else, even half a dozen to a dozen Enclave Power Armored Boyscouts can not compare to just two Death Claws at least NV's Death Claws, which the ones in Fallout 3 seem to have turned into.  hehe

You should try, it would be interesting to see if possible.  Last Quest on Broken Steel I just finished, I literally was forced to put hellfire power armor on and use heavy weapons I found on the ground because the enclave was just banzai charging in large groups all over the place.   Had to improvise, picking up their gear and use it against them in short.  

Gotta say this mod did make this game more challenging than I remember it.   Normal just me, with a Chinese assault rifle and the Ol Painless normally could do all the quest/DLC without a problem.  

"You are only lost if you give up on yourself." Hans-Ulrich Rudel

bassgoonist

5mm armor piercing...oh my

Post by bassgoonist » Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:30 am

5mm armor piercing...oh my

Puppettron
Gary

deathclaws don't care what

Post by Puppettron » Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:12 pm

deathclaws don't care what you're wearing, they ignore dt/dr.

however, i know for a fact that roy has .32 AP ammo.

perms:  either a full fireworks display spelling out "Puppettron Made This" anytime a user accesses my content in-game, or just give me credit somewhere.