How Do I Select My Start Location

General discussion of Tale of Two Wastelands
Evmeister

How Do I Select My Start Location

Post by Evmeister » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:19 am

Hello,

I've looked through the FAQ and all of the other info stuff, and I don't believe it was mentioned, and if it was I apologize for missing and starting a thread on it. 

I'm trying to figure out how I can select what location I want to start in. DC Wasteland or New Vegas.

Or do you start in DC and then can make your way to Vegas. However, I noticed somebody mentioning in other thread, starting in Vegas, so I'm trying to find out how I can start there if I wanted.

Thank you in advance.

rbroab

A start in New Vegas is not

Post by rbroab » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:26 am

A start in New Vegas is not an option yet. It should be available in one of the next updates. For now you'll have to do a DC start

Or you can use a New Vegas save, but I don't think you'll be able to do any main story quests in DC.

I'm not alright, I'm an equal amount of left.

Evmeister

Thank you for the reply, I'm

Post by Evmeister » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:59 am

Thank you for the reply, I'm glad I wasn't missing anything. A DC is start is fine, right now I'm still finding the whole moving between worlds concept pretty cool.

Now I just need to work on getting some mods moved over.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Risewild

If you plan on using mods,

Post by Risewild » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:08 am

If you plan on using mods, then enable them only after you leave Vault 101, that way it's almost guaranteed you won't have any bugs during your character creation and the beginning of your game. Many bugs appear from users that start a new game with mods enabled and then they can't play, make a character or get stuck in Vault 101 and so on angel.

Evmeister

Ok, good to know and I'll

Post by Evmeister » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:50 pm

Ok, good to know and I'll keep that in mind. I made a save right in front of the door to go out to the wasteland, which I usually do, for back up purposes. I'll probably start out slow testing them as I go. Thank you Risewild.

KennyMcCormick

rbroab wrote:

Post by KennyMcCormick » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:51 pm

[quote=rbroab]

Or you can use a New Vegas save, but I don't think you'll be able to do any main story quests in DC.

[/quote]

Incorrect. They work just fine. You just have to manually trigger them. I did so by hacking Colin Moriarty's terminal, once I read that entry on James the MQ kicked into gear and worked just fine from then on out.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Patrollin' the Capitol Wasteland makes me wish for a nuclear winter...

rbroab

Oh interesting! Thanks for

Post by rbroab » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:50 am

Oh interesting! Thanks for the info kenny!

Do you know how it functions with things like Trouble on the Homefront quest?

I'm not alright, I'm an equal amount of left.

KennyMcCormick

I do believe those get broken

Post by KennyMcCormick » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:07 am

I do believe those get broken. There's a list of concommands around here somewhere you can fire off once you've activated Following in his Footsteps that supposedly fix it, but I waited too long on my game. I fired them off immediately before beginning Take it Back!, apparently that's too late.

The only other trouble I had with the main quest was during the FO3/Broken Steel transition, and that I can trace down to a huge clusterfuck between my custom race, CRBSOR, TTW and Bethesda's stupid scripting that kicks Broken Steel into gear. I got around it using player.matchrace commands a couple of times, which avoided breaking my perks as showracemenu is apt to do.

What I did there: I matched race with Sentinal Lyons first, then had to set my age to an adult for some reason. Apparently she's a kid? After that I activated purifier. Woke up in the Citadel as intended. At that point I saved, exited, popped the GECK open and went rummaging. Happy times, there's a test NPC the race mod author made still present! With that baseID in hand I loaded back in, spawned that NPC, used player.matchrace again, disabled that NPC, and done.  Bit of a PITA but it worked.

Patrollin' the Capitol Wasteland makes me wish for a nuclear winter...