Missing Radio Songs

General discussion of Tale of Two Wastelands
rbroab

Missing Radio Songs

Post by rbroab » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:57 pm

I've played through all of the New Vegas DLC. There are a few missing songs on the Mysterious Broadcast station. The only song I know the name of is Begin Again, which oddly enough, did not play once during Dead Money. I may be wrong, but I thought there was a part during Dead Money where that song was played.

Anyway, unless it's all coincidence, I'm only getting 3 or 4 songs to play on the mysterious broadcast. There are so few that it wasn't uncommon to hear the same song 2 or 3 times in a row.

I have not installed any mods that would change the radio or it's stations. I just want to know if anyone else is having, or noticing, the same thing. I'm not asking for people to go and look for the problem themselves. Just play the game, and if you notice anything similar to what I experience, or know of a fix, please let me know.

I'm not alright, I'm an equal amount of left.

chucksteel

We'll have to look into this,

Post by chucksteel » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:35 pm

We'll have to look into this, I did run through all DLC's main quest to make sure they could be completed but, I was playing in "god mode" and, really didn't spend a lot of time on the little details. 

If others could keep an ear open on this one and, report back there findings the team would apreciate it. 

rbroab

Here's some good news. I did

Post by rbroab » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:07 am

Here's some good news. I did a little research and found that there is a bug that prevents Begin Again from playing on Mysterious Broadcast. I'm still hunting for a fix for this though. If I find it, I can post a link for whoever is interested. The good news here being TTW didn't cause the bug. What's odd is the fact that I remember hearing that song multiple times in my first play through of OWB forever ago.

The bad news is that the other song Why Don't You Do Right and a couple instrumental songs still can't be heard on my station. The odds are incredibly slim, but it might just be that they haven't played yet. Still, it would be nice to have this verified.

A fix from Nexus. It adds a script preventing repeats. Increases the volume of songs. Explains why Begin Again wouldn't play and fixes the issue.

http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/45008

I'm not alright, I'm an equal amount of left.

Aconagent1

I have some relevant

Post by Aconagent1 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:53 pm

I have some relevant information, the radio stations don't play the songs. No idea why, but the operators (Eden and Three-Dog) Talk and report as normal, but it doesn't play the music

-Conso

TJ

If your FO3 stations aren't

Post by TJ » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:57 pm

If your FO3 stations aren't playing music that's a totally different bug entirely. The old workaround was to extract Sound>Songs>Radio into your data folder and play from loose files. Something to do with how the game plays mp3s.

My project Dash is on Kickstarter!

chucksteel

I have no issue with GNR or

Post by chucksteel » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:23 pm

I have no issue with GNR or Enclave radio. the signal is strong for GNR but that is because the NV engine doesn't handle the distortion well. same thing that is causing the BoS voices to pop and crack when talking with a power armor helmet on. 

Possibly your sound files didn't patch correctly when you installed. 

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

TJ

Yea I should've probably

Post by TJ » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:25 pm

Yea I should've probably mentioned that the workaround I mentioned was for the demo and RFCW, NOT TTW alpha.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Aconagent1

I couldn't hear the songs

Post by Aconagent1 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:46 am

I couldn't hear the songs before my laptop broke either. I looked in my sounds folder and found (and was able to play) all of the songs. What was your suggesting in more detail, please? ;-)

-Conso

chucksteel

Aconagent1 wrote:

Post by chucksteel » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:52 am

[quote=Aconagent1]

I couldn't hear the songs before my laptop broke either.

[/quote]

Not saying I'm right your wrong! Not saying your not having the issue! I'm just saying I have no issue and something must have went wrong when you installed. I could be wrong but, it tough with every ones system being different and, there are so many variables. 

what works for some may not work for others that's all. 

TJ

I'm not sure where it's

Post by TJ » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:57 am

I'm not sure where it's stored in this version of TTW, but in the older version it was Fallout3 - Sound.bsa> Songs> Radio. Then you'd extract the whole folder to your desktop, make sure you get the proper file structure (Sound>Songs>Radio) then zip it up and install with FOMM. Again, no idea how the guys fixed it this time around so I couldn't tell ya what's different now. As Chuck stated above it is fixed, or should be. I've not had any problems with ANY of the radios in my game, though I hardly ever listen to any.