Crazy Mod Idea: Splitscreen Co-Op

General discussion of Tale of Two Wastelands
Computerrock1

Crazy Mod Idea: Splitscreen Co-Op

Post by Computerrock1 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:46 pm

I know it sounds crazy but why wouldn't you want co-op on TTW?

Just imagine: your playing at home and a friend comes over, well he's interested in playing but he can't so now you have to play a splitscreen game like Modern Warfare *shiver*. Or the alternative is we can press pause, set it to co-op and let him take over one of your followers. 

I believe that this would add an extra dimension to this game, how so you ask? Well you have a second opinion to your moral compass. I know that when I play a new game, I can't help myself from doing the right thing, but say my buddy comes over and says why not enslave big town's red for profit?

Now, I am not a modder, I am a tester and an idea pusher, I have no idea if this is even possible, but I don't think anyone has tried.

Thanks For Listening Children.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sesom

Not splitscreen but it goes

Post by sesom » Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:21 pm

Not splitscreen but it goes in the direction coop link . It's actively developed in contrast to a lot of other projects who showed up. Not my taste but I assume you are interested in it.

Computerrock1

Problem with that, it no

Post by Computerrock1 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:36 pm

Problem with that, it no longer supports FNV and therefore doesn't inherently support TTW. Also it is missing the ability to have a friend right next to you. Unfortunately most games no longer support Splitscreen and instead go for online solutions instead. To be honest, I hate that, it's impersonal and kind of boring. Which is why I suggested this idea :)

sesom

The problem is that you do

Post by sesom » Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:49 pm

The problem is that you do have some kind networking if you want coop (even if it is splitscreen and local). The engine isn't prepared for that (NV has some tiny networking functions but they are not really useable). So I don't think it will be possible. VaultMP which goes actually in another direction is the project which comes nearest the needed functionality and is the only one I know which is maintained professionally that's why I mentioned it.

I personally prefer the Fallout games as single player variants (even with friends that are visiting ;) ).

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.