Optional "TTW_Bobbleheads.esp" Description of the Bobbleheads bonuses.

General discussion of Tale of Two Wastelands
Risewild

Optional "TTW_Bobbleheads.esp" Description of the Bobbleheads bonuses.

Post by Risewild » Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:30 am

You should have noticed that in the download page there is a description of an optional TTW esp called "TTW_Bobbleheads.esp", but it only says what the Repair Bobblehead does so you might not be sure if you want to use it or not.

That's why I collected all of the Bobbleheads and made a small list of what bonuses they give, the spoilers are the actual value of the bonuses in case you want to know it more specifically.

Special Bobbleheads:

Strength

"It's essential to give your arguments impact."

You can carry more things

[collapsed title=Spoiler]You can carry 25 lbs more.[/collapsed]

Perception

"Only through observation will you perceive weakness."

You find it easier to hit enemies using ranged weapons.

[collapsed title=Spoiler]Reduces spread by 10%[/collapsed]

Endurance

"Always be ready to take one for the team."

Your body is tougher.

[collapsed title=Spoiler]Your DT increases by 5[/collapsed]

Charisma

"Nothing says pizzaz like a winning smile."  

*Not implemented yet* Your friends will help you more in combat

Note: Since it's not implemented it is still giving the +1 Charisma.

No Spoilers for this one.

Intelligence

"It takes the smartest individuals to realize there's always more to learn."

You learn things easier from experience

[collapsed title=Spoiler]Each time you level up you get 1 more skill point[/collapsed]

Agility

"Never be afraid to dodge the sensitive issues."  

Your Vault-Tec Assisted Targeting System

needs less time to recharge

[collapsed title=Spoiler]Your AP regenerate 10% faster[/collapsed]

Luck

"There's only one way to give 110%."  

You can hit them where it hurts

[collapsed title=Spoiler]Your chances of critical hit increase by 50%[/collapsed]

Skill Bobbleheads:

Barter

"Never forget to walk away with more than you've brought."

Traders in the wasteland tremble when they see you

[collapsed title=Spoiler]Trader prices are 15% cheaper[/collapsed]

Energy Weapons

"Arrive at peaceful resolutions by using superior firepower."

Armored enemies are easier using energy weapons

[collapsed title=Spoiler]When you attack using energy weapons your enemies DT is reduced by an extra 5[/collapsed]

Explosives

"The best way to solve a problem is to make it go away."  

You can have more explosions in VATS

[collapsed title=Spoiler]Explosives cost 15% less AP[/collapsed]

Guns

"Because it's easier to have courage from a safe distance away."

You can attack with Guns faster using your Vault-Tec Assisted Targeting System

[collapsed title=Spoiler]Reduces AP cost for Guns by 10%[/collapsed]

Lockpick

"Always strive for the unobtainable."   *Not implemented yet* Higher chance of finding good things in safes

Note: Since it's not implemented it is still giving the +10 Lockpick.

No Spoilers for this one.

Medicine

"The smart man knows a bandage only hides his wounds."

You're harder to get hooked

[collapsed title=Spoiler]Reduces the chance of you getting addicted by 25%[/collapsed]

Melee Weapons

"It's important to do business up close and personal."  

You swing your weapons faster   [collapsed title=Spoiler]You attack 20% faster while using Melee weapons[/collapsed]

Repair

"Why go down with the ship when you can try to fix it?"

Your weapons need repairing less often.

[collapsed title=Spoiler]Equipment durability increases by 25%[/collapsed]

Science

"Always be prepared to explain the hows and whys."  

Robots are easier to destroy   [collapsed title=Spoiler]You deal 20% more damage to robots[/collapsed]

Sneak

"The safest distance between two points is a shadowy line."

You're more dangerous from the shadows

[collapsed title=Spoiler]Your critical sneak attack deal 25% more Damage[/collapsed]

Speech

"Let words be your weapon."  

People find it easier to like you

[collapsed title=Spoiler]Your reputation increases 20% more each time (Doesn't work with mod added factions)[/collapsed]

Survival

"The best way to win an argument is to be the loudest."

Explore more in less time

[collapsed title=Spoiler]Your moving speed increases by 10%[/collapsed]

Unarmed

"When words fail, there's always fists."  

You punch faster in VATS

while bare handed

[collapsed title=Spoiler]Your bare handed punches only use half AP in VATS[/collapsed]

Post edited due to changes made to some Bobblehead effects .

JaxFirehart

The lockpick one about safes

Post by JaxFirehart » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:49 am

The lockpick one about safes is unimplemented at the moment. The speech one that boosts reputation is not dynamic and so does not work with mod-added factions. The unarmed bobblehead halves AP only when completely unarmed.

Some of these need to be tweaked (+5 DT is insane...)

So feel free to offer suggestions and criticism on these.

And Risewild, thanks for taking the time to do this!

obscurantist

JaxFirehart wrote:

Post by obscurantist » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:40 pm

[quote=JaxFirehart]

+5 DT is insane...

[/quote]

+15-20 HP for example

Art holds unity that history does not.

Darkersun

I like the Perks but I think

Post by Darkersun » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:29 pm

I like the Perks but I think the values they give are to big:

They should not be stronger than a normal perk.

For exampe:

Toughness adds + 3 DT so Endurance Bobblehead should not add more than 3 maybe 2.

The same for the rest just lower the values. The style is good.

HTML confuses me...

Regards,

Darkersun

- semi FNV Modder
- Wasteland lover

- System Spec: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T / MSI GTX 970 /12GB DDR3 RAM

Risewild

Yes I thought that the

Post by Risewild » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:28 am

Yes I thought that the bonuses are too high on many of those too, I was going to suggest some lower values for them but then the post was taking too long to make that I decided to skip it old lazy me .

Obscurantist I agree with you in the +15-20 Hp for the Endurance one, I think the game already allows the LW/Courier to get a crazy DT value without any other bonuses anyway .

Now my suggestions for the other Bobbleheads:

[collapsed title=Suggestions]

Strength: Keep it as it is, 25 lbs are nice but not that unbalanced, half of the bonus that perks like Strong Back and Burden to Bear so even with the bobblehead bonus this perks don't get outdated.

Perception: 15% accuracy bonus in VATS, to be honest I have no idea if it's unbalanced or not I rarely use VATS and usually only with melee weapons which always have 95% to hit in VATS anyway so I hope someone else can help with this one.

Endurance: Like Obscurantist said before, +15-20 Hp bonus would be nice, maybe +15 so it's half of the Lifegiver perk.

Charisma: I think its probably balanced as it is, followers will have one extra attack each ten other attacks so it doesn't sound unbalanced.

Intelligence: Having one more skill point, not unbalanced. If we consider the bonuses from books (+3 or +4 with the Comprehension perk), the +2 with the Educated perk and the +10 on each skill that the other bobbleheads would have given without this optional TTW esp (which means we would have to level up 10x13 (the number of skill Bobbleheads) times or 130 levels just to get the same skill points from having this perk)

Agility: Again I can't really tell because it affects VATS, but I think 10% isn't unbalanced.

Luck: Totally unbalanced I dare to say specially considering that the highest bonus you can get is 15% from the Ninja perk and that only affects melee and unarmed (although it's bugged and only multiplies your critical chance by 1.15 ), 10% from the Laser Commander perk and only for laser weapons, all other bonuses are between 1% to 5%. So maybe change it to 5% would be better.

Barter: I think it's good, since if I understood it correctly it only applies to buying things and not selling.

Big Guns: 10% moving speed is good by me, I could barely see the difference.

Energy Weapons: All energy weapons already have an innate DT reduction of -2, with this it becomes a total of -7 with normal ammo, -10 with overcharge ammo and -15 with max charge ammo. There are only three ammo that will have a -15 DT effect ( 5.56mm, armor piercing, .308, armor piercing and .50 MG, armor piercing ), only one that reduces 25 DT ( 5mm, armor piercing ) the rest of ammo is between -2 to -10 DT. My opinion is that it's not unbalanced with later ammo but offering -7 DT with basic ammo on any energy weapon is unbalanced, but considering that this bobblehead can only be found in Raven Rock and it's one that if you don't get it at a specific point you will lose it forever then I guess it's ok like it is. Still I want to know all of you people opinions.

Explosives: I think it's good as it is (but again never used VATS with explosive weapons)

Lockpick: Sounds good, but since it's not implemented yet maybe for now give a bonus of 15%-25% to force locks or something (never forced a lock in my life but there might be players who use it)

Medicine: Sounds good like it is but in case it's unbalanced without me noticing it maybe cut it to 15%

Melee: I like it (maybe because I like using melee weapons)

Repair: Seems good to me but that might be because I use the Built to Destroy trait so I might not be able to see how it would be without that trait, if it's unbalanced maybe just give 10% that way that trait would still have a penalty on weapon decay.

Science: Like this one (Like Mobius says: "You're no match for science!" or something like that )

Small Guns: Looks like it's good as it is.

Sneak: Unbalanced in my opinion, the Better Criticals perk gives 50% (the same, although it also affects normal criticals) and the Ninja perk only gives 25% with melee and unarmed, in my opinion a bobblehead bonus should never be as high as a perk bonus so maybe reduce it to 15%-25% instead.

Speech: Sounds good as it is (although if in the future it could be made so it would affect custom factions it would make it better )

Unarmed: Sounds good, but maybe also make it give some bonus to the rest of the unarmed weapons (like half AP for totally unarmed and -10% AP in VATS with any other unarmed weapon)

[/collapsed]

And Jax, no problem I needed something to do in the DC wasteland while I am testing the challenges, and collecting bobbleheads was one of the things I did .

*First Post Edited to reflect the new info Jax offered on his post.*

JaxFirehart

It is multiplicative, but I

Post by JaxFirehart » Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:47 pm

It is multiplicative, but I just looked at the other look boosting perks, and they are as well. I assumed they were additive. So it should probably be cut down to 5 or 10%.

Risewild

And also maybe in the future

Post by Risewild » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:18 am

And also maybe in the future each bobblehead could give an actual perk so players could see it and have the description available anytime they open the pipboy (for example when I made this list I had to wait till I got a bobblehead and quickly write it's bonus down because otherwise I would forget what they did cheeky ).

JaxFirehart

It gives an actual perk, but

Post by JaxFirehart » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:24 am

It gives an actual perk, but its hidden. If you want to come up with names and descriptions for the perks that would be awesome. I left it out for the moment is all. The names need to be fairly short so it shouldn't have "Agility Bobblehead Perk" or anything like that for the name, its too long. Wish I could give an exact character count. The descriptions have a pretty un-restrictive limit. So if you can come up with some clever names for the perks and just put [Given by xxx Bobblehead] in the beginning of the description, that should do both!

In other thoughts, I was considering boosting the power of the bobblehead perks BUT only allowing the player to use one Skill and one Special bobblehead at a time. I might have to remove the skill point boost from the intelligence bobblehead to prevent people from grabbing it when they are about to level up and then just switching back to another bobblehead (of course if you are willing to go through that hassle, maybe I should just let you). Thoughts? Just something I have been brainstorming to make the bobbleheads a bit more interesting.

Or maybe even a combination? Finding them gives a minor permanent boost, choosing one as your active bobblehead increases that boost to perk level rather than trait level.

steviestevens

That's an interesting thought

Post by steviestevens » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:59 pm

That's an interesting thought, I rather like that. what exactly were you thinking cause that would make them alot more fun and probably useful without being OP.

JaxFirehart

Well I have put almost no

Post by JaxFirehart » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:34 pm

Well I have put almost no thought into it, so my previous post basically said as much as I have thought of. Just come up with two strengths for each bonus and force you to pick one SPECIAL and one skill which uses the higher strength.