Suggestion: Official TTW version of CAGE

Have something to say about Tale of Two Wastelands or have an idea for a new feature? Let us know here.
Chaophim

Suggestion: Official TTW version of CAGE

Post by Chaophim » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:49 pm

I'm an old-school user of CAGE (continue after game ending) for FNV and have had no real problems with it.  However, it has come to my attention that, for whatever reason, CAGE is no longer available on the Nexus and that another author has done a similar mod, but that the mod is a bit buggy.  The main bug I heard about involved Fawkes disappearing after FNV's slideshow.

This may be because the original CAGE and the clone were, as far as I know, made with just FNV in mind, so it got me to thinking that maybe additional tweaks would be needed for TTW compatability?

It would make sense, to me at least, to make an official TTW version though, since Broken Steel unlocks FO3 and TTW allows passage back and forth to DC as it is.  Would only stand to reason, in my opinion, that the FNV ending would best be suited as unlocked just to fully free up the playthrough.

As with any request, please feel free to comment or ignore.  'Tis just a thought. :)

RoyBatty

This indeed would be nice,

Post by RoyBatty » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:50 pm

This indeed would be nice, but it was decided that TTW should not modify NV.

TJ

I've got permission to use

Post by TJ » Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:00 pm

I've got permission to use and maintain the cloned version going forward. Look for it in a future version of a cut mod.

My project Dash is on Kickstarter!

Chaophim

Sweet - thanks!

Post by Chaophim » Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:08 pm

Sweet - thanks!

Carter

can you email me a copy of

Post by Carter » Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:06 pm

can you email me a copy of cage, i would love to have it and i cannot get my hands on it for various reasons, my steam name is yourking77 if you are nice enugh to want to help me out, i dont want to post my email here for various reasons

TJ

I don't have CAGE. Actually I

Post by TJ » Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:21 pm

I don't have CAGE. Actually I don't have either of them. I've got permission to *use* the other one for Uncut.

paragonskeep

Is that "OK" to do? (emailing

Post by paragonskeep » Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:33 am

Is that "OK" to do? (emailing someone a mod that is)

If life is but a test, where's the damn answer key?!?!?

Carter

i think so, but im not sure,

Post by Carter » Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:45 pm

i think so, but im not sure, i would appreciate it if someone could email it to me, its not like anyone is to find out if it is not ok to do, all im gonna do is use it, im not gonna repost or edit it or anything

TJ

I'll find out. Check the tag

Post by TJ » Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:51 pm

I'll find out. Check the tag under my avatar - I'm one of the jailers of this madhouse.

The mod you're asking for comes up in a google search. Although the original version is unavailable the other one is right below that. You should do that instead of suggesting others perform shady actions for your benefit.

Carter

it is not necasarily shady, i

Post by Carter » Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:53 pm

it is not necasarily shady, i am ip banned from nexus, for reasons i dont care to go into, but i really do want that mod and i have no way of getting it

[Merged - Don't Double Post]

but i am sorry if it is against the rules here, if it is let me know i did not see it in there but i might have skimmed over it maybe, if it is let me know and i will not ask again