Loading screens and ambiant music

Have something to say about Tale of Two Wastelands or have an idea for a new feature? Let us know here.
alaskansentinel

Loading screens and ambiant music

Post by alaskansentinel » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:09 pm

Okay, so I've been playing TTW for almost a month, and I've noticed some things in that time. First is the loading screens. I'm big about immersion, and remembering the good old days of Fallout 3. So it irks me whenever I see the new vegas loading screens whenever I go through a door on the Fallout 3 side. is there some way I can have the original fallout 3 loading screens, with the level bar and slides and what not? Also, do my ear deceive me, but which ambiant sound files play, like when I'm walking through the Capital Wasteland. If it's the New Vegas ones, is there someway I can get the Fallout 3 music?

Thanks.

rbroab

I've replaced loading screens

Post by rbroab » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:04 pm

I've replaced loading screens before. As for getting things like player level and what not to show up, I'm not sure. You could check the New Vegas nexus and see if someone has made a mod that uses FO3 loading screen info.

As for ambient sounds, I get a mixture of both DC and New Vegas. If you want more of the Fallout 3 ambient sounds instead, there is a mod on the Fallout New Vegas nexus that puts almost all of the old ambient sounds back into the game. This should help your issue.

I'm not alright, I'm an equal amount of left.

sesom

Actually it should play the

Post by sesom » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:48 pm

Actually it should play the FO3 ambient music while you are in the CW. I placed a ton of audiomarkers in CW to make this possible. If it doesn't then something has gone wrong with the installation of the audio files.

TJ

sesom wrote:

Post by TJ » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:18 pm

[quote=sesom]

Actually it should play the FO3 ambient music while you are in the CW. I placed a ton of audiomarkers in CW to make this possible. If it doesn't then something has gone wrong with the installation of the audio files.

[/quote]

I may be wrong, but I was under the impression that for ambient the engine picks a sound at random from the ambient folder. More Information is on Nexus, as this is pretty much where I got my info. Could be totally wrong though so..

My project Dash is on Kickstarter!

sesom

This is only true for the FO3

Post by sesom » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:41 pm

This is only true for the FO3 engine. In NV there has to be a audiomarker where the music should be played. The media location controller and music set decide what is played there.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.