Plot merging suggestion

Have something to say about Tale of Two Wastelands or have an idea for a new feature? Let us know here.
rself3

Plot merging suggestion

Post by rself3 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:34 am

Not sure where to put this, but I figured the "suggestions" forum would be a good spot.

I had a brilliant thought while I was running through TTW's alpha version earlier today (which I must say, I've yet to encounter any problems even with a handful of classic FO3 mods installed).

Many people have complained about the time difference it would take to travel to the Mojave from DC, and I agree - land travel seems almost game-breakingly silly. It's post apocalyptic America, what are you going to do, take a train? But then it dawned on me - MOTHERSHIP ZETA...

If you make the Mothership Zeta DLC a post FO3 main quest requirement and link up the travel system via a 'teleport room', the time differential and "believability" of the travel becomes almost fluid. Add a small pre-FONV area where the teleporter goes offline Back to the Future 3 style and set up the necessary "pre-events" with some custom NPC's and BAM - no story gaps, no weird transitions. After FONV's main quest is complete, trigger our custom engineer NPC to have 'fixed' the teleporter and BAM - free travel back n' forth with no awkwardmess.

Just an idea. :)

ElvenScoundrel

I'm one to keep any Zeta

Post by ElvenScoundrel » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:28 am

I'm one to keep any Zeta aspect as far as possible from my game. Aliens have always been an easter egg in Fallout games. That DLC is just idiotic, but that's just me.

JaxFirehart

We have already discussed

Post by JaxFirehart » Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:12 pm

We have already discussed this: the train is the perfect transit method because you hop on, it fades to white, suddenly you are getting shot and don't know why. It leaves everything else up to the player, perhaps the train made it 10 miles, broke down, and you walked the rest of the way, who knows.

As for zeta, we have every intention of making zeta allow you to got between NV and DC.

We are also kicking around setting up old world blues to allow you to use the transportalponder to go to NV or DC.

bigcrazewolf

Being new here, has there

Post by bigcrazewolf » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:25 pm

Being new here, has there been talk of having the Boomers fly you? Sorry if this is already been hashed out.

Thanks

wolf

Dynastia

How about a freight train

Post by Dynastia » Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:09 pm

How about a freight train from the Pitt to the NCR, they have plenty of labour to run the trains and keep the lines clear. The first time I found paradise falls I thought "Who's buying all those slaves?" Then when The Pitt answered that question, I thought "Okay... so who's buying all that steel?" Maybe the NCR's buying it.

Shadow

Hey, sorry this thread is a

Post by Shadow » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:27 am

Hey, sorry this thread is a bit old, but I was looking to see if a suggestion of mine has been brought up already, and it looks like it has.  My suggestion was for a method to be made for teleporting between the two wastelands using mothership zeta, and perhaps even be able to start the DLC in the Mojave.

But since, that was made so long ago, I'm wondering, have you forgotten about it, or have other things just been taking up your time?

JaxFirehart

Just working on other things.

Post by JaxFirehart » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:37 am

Just working on other things. The train is good enough to get you around, so we are working on more pressing matters.

Thermador made a vertibird and Big MT Transportalponder teleport mod.

Shadow

Okay, cool.  Thanks for the

Post by Shadow » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:01 am

Okay, cool.  Thanks for the reply.

thermador

Making a Zeta transport mod

Post by thermador » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:26 pm

Making a Zeta transport mod is on my list, since it would basically be the same scripts as the Teletransportalponder mod, but I haven't got to it yet.  These are the mods Jax is referring to:

• http://www.taleoftwowastelands.com/content/rel-alpha-bigmt-transportalponder-upgrade

• http://www.taleoftwowastelands.com/content/rel-alpha-ttw-vertibird-transport-v3

wardoggwyllgi

My plan (mostly for RP) is

Post by wardoggwyllgi » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:37 pm

My plan (mostly for RP) is that i got to DC with a vertibird because i aligned primm with the enclave. however for me to even use a vertibird, car, motorcycle ermeso would have to make some weird vertibird radio.

Am i the only one that that thought bane was Dr.Evil's son?