TTW 2.0 is out!

What's new and upcoming in Tale of Two Wastelands? Find out here.
TTW Team

TTW 2.0 is out!

Post by TTW Team » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:37 am

A CLEAN INSTALL OF FNV IS REQUIRED

To reduce installer size, I could not include patches for going from TTW 1.4 to 2.0, sorry.

MODS THAT WERE CREATED FOR TTW 1.4 OR CONVERTED FOR TTW 1.4 WILL NO LONGER WORK.

EXISTING SAVES WILL NO LONGER WORK. A NEW GAME IS REQUIRED.

THE LOAD ORDER HAS BEEN CHANGED.

The new load order is:

• FalloutNV.esm

• DeadMoney.esm

• HonestHearts.esm

• OldWorldBlues.esm

• LonesomeRoad.esm

• GunRunnersArsenal.esm

THE PREORDER PACKS ARE NOW OPTIONAL

• CaravanPack.esm

• ClassicPack.esm

• MercenaryPack.esm

• TribalPack.esm

NOTICE HOW FALLOUT3.ESM NOW GOES AFTER ALL THE FNV DLCS

• Fallout3.esm

• Anchorage.esm

• ThePitt.esm

• BrokenSteel.esm

• PointLookout.esm

• Zeta.esm

• TaleOfTwoWastelands.esm

Converting FO3 mods for TTW is no longer as easy as just changing the master, but its still pretty simple.

• Download the most recent FNVEdit (3.0.29 as of this post) and also download the attached ConversionPack.zip.  Unzip the conversion pack into the same folder as FNVEdit.

• Load TTW and the mod to be converted into FNVEdit (this is now MUCH faster)

• Right-click on the mod to be converted, choose Add Masters... and FNV, FNV DLCs, FO3, FO3 DLCs and TTW.

DO NOT ADD THE PRE-ORDER/COURIER'S STASH PACKS UNLESS YOUR MOD REQUIRES THEM, THEY ARE NOW OPTIONAL.

• Right-click on the mod again and choose sort masters.

• Expand the mod and click on "File Header"

• Click on the empty space DIRECTLY ABOVE 'Fallout3.esm', hold down the control key and press the down arrow until Fallout3.esm is AFTER GunRunnersArsenal.esm and BEFORE Anchorage.esm.

• Save and quit FNVEdit

• Reload TTW and your mod to be converted into FNVEdit

• Right click on your mod, choose Apply Script, and choose 'TTW Conversion Script'

• This can take a while to run. Running it on Fallout3.esm takes 90 minutes. Running it on BrokenSteel.esm takes 4 minutes. Just be patient.

• All done, save and quit FNVEdit.

• This means the mod is CONVERTED for TTW, but it does NOT mean the mod has been UPDATED for TTW. For example, mods that place .32 ammo will NOT have that ammo removed, you must do that manually.

CHANGE LOG

• Full system overhaul for more efficiency REQUIRES A NEW GAME

• Better mod compatibility (requires a bit more effort to convert FO3 mods, but they ultimately work better)

• Cleaned up some remaining references to .32 and generic shotgun shells

• Downgraded Combat Shotgun to 20ga, 75 skill

• Fixed Pitt armor being marked as heavy rather than light like all other raider armors

• Fixed ordinance and bombshell armor giving big guns skill

• Made Almost Perfect use 'SetAV' instead of 'ModAV' so that 'GetPermAV' returns the proper value (Almost Perfect will now allow more implants)

• Cleaned up some weapons still using big guns

• Fixed some ingestibles being labeled as big guns   

• The New Vegas space suit and helmet may be used in place of the astronaut suit in Mothership Zeta (needs testing)

• Hematophage allows hunger and dehydration restoration from blood packs

• Removed the "Recover" flag on the Rebound effect, should make rebound actually regenerate AP

• Added some new recipes

• Samurai Helmet now gives DT instead of DR

• Mechanist costume is now heavy instead of light

• Pulse weapons now properly effect ALL power armor

• Rock-It-Launcher no longer is labeled as using 5mm ammo and no longer causes Fallout to crash and burn

• Fixed a bug where the tier 3 nuka-grenade recipe was unlocked while having only 2 schematics

• Mothership Zeta now properly unequips ALL weapons, to prevent animation errors when being abducted   

• The installer now saves an install log txt file to the TTW install directory for troubleshooting purposes

• Fixed dialog related crash with Eden, Fawkes, Gallows and probably others

• Tesla Cannon now bounces and insta-kills Vertibirds, the bounce may be removed...

• You are fully healed on your first trip to New Vegas

• The Wasteland Survival Guide perk reward now gives a boost to Survival

• Unique weapons and armor can no longer be used to repair their non-unique counterparts

• Lyons' Pride Power Armor acts as a disguise for BoS (both west and east coast)

• The Size Matters perk now gives a 10% boost to accuracy and damage when using heavy weapons

• The Ghoul Ecology perk now properly affects ONLY ghouls

• Sarah Lyons now gives you Lyons' Pride power armor when starting Take It Back!

• Aqua Pura now properly restores dehydration and should scale with survival skill

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

JaxFirehart

Working on TTW 2.01 which

Post by JaxFirehart » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:10 am

Working on TTW 2.01 which removes the press enter to continue screens (finally!) and fixes some potential glitches.

TJ

WOOT! On it!

Post by TJ » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:11 am

WOOT! On it!

My project Dash is on Kickstarter!

rbroab

I didn't want to sleep

Post by rbroab » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:09 am

I didn't want to sleep tonight anyway. Excellent work! Thanks for getting this out, can't wait to get in it.

I'm not alright, I'm an equal amount of left.

Pokepunch

Right lets try this out...

Post by Pokepunch » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:05 am

Right lets try this out...

TJ

So I'm running the installer

Post by TJ » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:56 am

So I'm running the installer now, so far so good. Jax, did you cut the size of the patch in half or what!? Good job fellas.

EDIT: So who's got it? How's it working for you? Installer just finished about the time my kids started getting up to get ready for school. About to start taking a looking in FNVedit, make a merged patch and fire it up.

EDIT AGAIN: Really Jax? 1:20 to load TTW plus a few small mods in FNVEdit? You're the man.

chucksteel

I had some issues with BSAopt

Post by chucksteel » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:06 pm

I had some issues with BSAopt 2.0 and, Visual C++ Redistributable but, I've gotten that sorted out. Now the installer is running but, I won't be able to test until after work. 

Jax, the alpha page links to the wrong version of Visual C++ which was my issue last night We need to link to Visual C++ redistributable 2012

Pokepunch

Yeah had that issue too, but

Post by Pokepunch » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:18 pm

Yeah had that issue too, but I got it fixed easy. FNVEdit loaded so much quicker than 1.4. Added a few New Vegas mods, still need to test that Conversion script of yours. Started a new game, ran smooth as silk.

chucksteel

started a clean download of

Post by chucksteel » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:22 pm

started a clean download of FNV from steam so it will be done when I get home from work. with luck all will be fine now. 

TJ

Good luck Chuck. Haven't even

Post by TJ » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:29 pm

Good luck Chuck. Haven't even booted the game yet and and all I see is improvements. Very exciting.