TTW 2.8.1 Released

What's new and upcoming in Tale of Two Wastelands? Find out here.
TTW Team

TTW 2.8.1 Released

Post by TTW Team » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:00 pm

Tale Of Two Wastelands v2.8.1a has been released, and brings with it many exciting new bugfixes. Please use this thread to sing the praises of the talented people behind the scenes, or to document any issues you may encounter. We'd like to ask if you have any issues to include the required information for us to help. Enjoy, and as usual you can get it here.

This is a minor update over 2.8.0, but should be considered mandatory for game stability reasons. Please update asap.

AlMustansir

Hey TJ

Post by AlMustansir » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:38 pm

Hey TJ

getting "Could not find file 'resources\TTW Data\TaleOfTwoWastelands.bsa" during installation.

Cheers

TJ

Re-download the installer.

Post by TJ » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:50 pm

Re-download the installer. That is fixed now.

My project Dash is on Kickstarter!

DireWulvyn

AAhhhghh!! Damn it.

Post by DireWulvyn » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:14 pm

AAhhhghh!! Damn it.

Got 2.7.3 running 3 days ago, switched up and updated with 2.8 yesterday, now we have 2.81 for all.

Will be DL'ing and updating again today it seems.

As stated in a post of mine under 2.8, I again thank you all for the ongoing and superlative work TTW team does for us.

I'm getting lots of practice and improving my skills with the tools as of late. The headaches will come along shortly...

OXOXOX [Hugs and Kisses]

Stay young! Learn something new everyday, no matter what!

Jezz_X

Doh! Just got 2.8 going :)

Post by Jezz_X » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:15 pm

Doh! Just got 2.8 going :)
Here is just a future installer idea maybe make the optional bits part of the installer start up and then add those bits into the main ttw esp. Might help out with mod limits

DireWulvyn

Hmmm...had a glitch when

Post by DireWulvyn » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:43 pm

Hmmm...had a glitch when beginning my install of v2.8.1

The installer wouldn't let me change the TTW install directory from my 'old'

"F/Games2/...etc.../FALLOUTS-TTW fomods v2.8 folder

to my new

F/Games2/...etc .../FALLOUTS-TTW fomods v2.8.1 folder that I created for it

[exact same path, just a new folder]

Solved the problem by removing the v2.8 files/folders from my 'old' "FALLOUTS-TTW fomods v2.8" location to another folder and letting the installer use the 'old' path to the "FALLOUTS-TTW fomods v2.8" that was now empty.

Before this,I tried using the browser button several times to direct the file install to the correct path, but every time I did it gave me the name "Tale of Two Wastelands fomod" as the directory path default and I couldn't change it.

It would then blank out when I tried clicking to input the path and gave me the error message that it couldn't find the install directory. Manually attempting to enter the correct path didn't work either, either by typing into the directory path box on the installer itself, or typing into the browsers file path box when I used it.

As said, I solved my problem as stated, all went well as far as I can tell [only 7 minutes!..awesome!!].

I did not have any other issue[s] I can see/locate...

Stay young! Learn something new everyday, no matter what!

Puppettron
Gary

@jezz:  that'd be an alright

Post by Puppettron » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:35 pm

@jezz:  that'd be an alright idea, but the thing is the optionals aren't exactly 100%.  the ones that aren't going to remain optional forever are always being worked on and may have issues that would prompt updates and even users disabling them, which would be impossible if they're integrated as-is.

perms:  either a full fireworks display spelling out "Puppettron Made This" anytime a user accesses my content in-game, or just give me credit somewhere.

Casputin

Thanks for great work guys,

Post by Casputin » Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:28 am

Thanks for great work guys, installed flawlessly. Flawless victory.

tacitus

Great! It built and installed

Post by tacitus » Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:30 pm

Great! It built and installed flawlessly.  Mod Organizer is definitely the way to go; it paid off.    Able to run my save games with the full load order minus TTWFixes 2.1.5 which caused New Vegas not to start up.

Thanks for your hard work.

RoyBatty

@tacitus TTWFixes has already

Post by RoyBatty » Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:03 pm

@tacitus TTWFixes has already been updated to make it compatible.