TTW Future versions (APRIL FOOLS POST!!!!)

What's new and upcoming in Tale of Two Wastelands? Find out here.
Risewild

TTW Future versions (APRIL FOOLS POST!!!!)

Post by Risewild » Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:19 am

As many of you guys and gals suspected, this is an April Fools post laugh I am sorry for confusing you guys and girls about it, but you have to admit it was quite a scare laugh.

It was all my idea to make this post but everyone in the team agreed to it (or at least they didn't say I shouldn't do it) after I show them the post to make sure I wasn't being too aggressive or mean or something.

The TTW team is proud of all of it's community, there is no way we would keep things private from you (we would have never released it to the public in the first place if that was the case).

Hope this makes you chuckle after all the fears I inflicted upon you laugh.

Your evil tricky neighborhood Risewild devil.

[collapsed title=April Fools]

It is with a heavy heart that I must inform all of you in the TTW community that the next version of TTW (that is still being worked on) will be the last public TTW version.

Why make it private, since TTW is so stable and users can play it with more than 100 mods and have little to no problems?

The answer is a bit complex, but I will try and explain it properly.

Even though we the TTW team are very grateful with all of the community by all the help you guys and girls have given us, there is another side of this coin, and that is all the bugs reported that are mods related, all the suggestions that were already made several times in the past, all the problems that people have with the installer that frustrate both the user and also the developers, devs personal life and peer pressure to release new versions and a few other reasons that are really not that important and not worth mentioning at the moment.

The Devs are losing motivation, and have been busy with their RL and/or other projects, people keep asking when TTW 2.5 will be released and that just makes them even more un-motivated.

After a long team members discussion where we discussed the pros and cons of this decision, in the end it was decided that we should still release to the public the next version, that is the least we can do to thank you all for your help, support and loyalty.

I want to hear from you, the community. I want to hear your questions, opinions, insults, praises, threats, bribes, etc.

PS: It is an ungrateful job being the one posting this dark news here today, but someone had to do it so I volunteered.

PPS: Believe me when I say that all of the team is sad and in pain that this decision had to be made, we draw no joy out of it.

[/collapsed]

cosmicdataworld

what dose this mean for the

Post by cosmicdataworld » Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:30 am

what dose this mean for the people who are here now? who play TTW? what is Public and what is Private?

Sam: "The Prison Showers, Gee if these walls could talk!"
Max: "I think it's best if they keep their mouth's shut"

FaelanDeFas

Bummer, I just joined the

Post by FaelanDeFas » Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:37 am

Bummer, I just joined the site today. I was hoping to ask if it was compatible with windows 8. No one seems to know, but either way It seems TTW is functional enough to do a manual install. Thank you guys, I've always wanted something like this :D

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

KeltecRFB

First, is this an April Fool

Post by KeltecRFB » Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:41 am

First, is this an April Fool's joke? :-)

"TTW is the Fallout version of The One Ring. The One Ring to rule them all."

"Si vis pacem, para bellum!"

My new favorite, the IWI TC-21 Tavor

chasing

Wow, that's heartbreaking.   

Post by chasing » Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:08 am

Wow, that's heartbreaking.  crying  I definitely understand what's it's like to be burned out and unmotivated to do something that started out as fun then became a chore, like having a second job.

I just recently discovered and fell in love with this mod, so it's really hard to hear that it'll be winding down in the near future.  Will this site stay up after development has stopped?  Will the mod be open for future updates by the user community, if there's modders that want to continue to carry the torch?

“Beyond the reach of human rage

A drop of hell, a touch of strange ...”

- The Gunslinger

paragonskeep

IF I'm understanding this

Post by paragonskeep » Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:19 am

IF I'm understanding this correctly you all are going to keep working on TTW but in private to elevate the constant "when is the next update" comments etc. This will also allow you to work on it as and when you feel like it so it's less demanding on you (the team) and more fun. Hopefully this means that at some point in the future there will be an update or maybe side project postings (TTW Bug fix?) I can see the frustration of "bug reports" when people are running numerous other "not tested for TTW" mods and then complaining or demanding help to "fix" their problem when it's just that "their" problem and in no way connected to TTW. I do hope this will continue at some point in the future, that the site will continue, and I look forward to your (team) other projects. I for one can not thank you all enough. This is an amazing mod, and a great community. I wish you all the best and just want to say that your work is greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IF there is anything that I can do in the future just let me know.

If life is but a test, where's the damn answer key?!?!?

chasing

Wait a minute... what time

Post by chasing » Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:25 am

Wait a minute... what time zone are you in Risewild?  It's still just March 31 for me...

“Beyond the reach of human rage

A drop of hell, a touch of strange ...”

- The Gunslinger

The 3rd Type

Haha I can still play it.

Post by The 3rd Type » Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:29 am

Haha I can still play it. Suck my ding dong.

Zenny

This is understandable. But I

Post by Zenny » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:42 am

This is understandable. But I truly love this mod, and this website. I'm open to testing, especially with mods and stuff so I can continue to use an updated version for my lets play. Will this site still be around? I wish the best to you all. And I hope when you open it back up to the public in beta or whatever that it will be just what we are all hoping for. I personally think you should allow member of the forums to still use the mod if the request. You could set up some sort of request system were you fill some stuff out and apply for the mod. That way people who genuinely know there will be problems, and want to still play TTW can use it. Thank you TTW Team for the exquisite mod.

Oh happy April fools. If this is an April fools day joke then you deserve a trophy. If your seriously quiting with public releases then you should have waited a few more days for this.  

Wait are for real?

Vyrulisse

Seems a bit fishy to me... >.

Post by Vyrulisse » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:20 am

Seems a bit fishy to me... >.>

[Placeholder]