Should TTW Require ALL DLC

What's new and upcoming in Tale of Two Wastelands? Find out here.
JaxFirehart

Should TTW Require ALL DLC

Post by JaxFirehart » Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:44 am

This is a big question I would like to pose to everyone, community and team alike. How would you feel if TTW were to require all DLCs?

For clarity's sake all DLC is defined as:

• Operation: Anchorage

• The Pitt

• Broken Steel

• Point Lookout

• Mothership Zeta

• Dead Money

• Honest Hearts

• Old World Blues

• Lonesome Road

• Courier's Stash

• Gun Runners' Arsenal

These DLCs would NOT be merged into the main file rather, the main file would require these DLCs. The reasoning behind this is that, if we were to require all DLCs it would make our jobs much easier, since we wouldn't need to test each DLC independently, it would also help reduce clutter in your load order. Rather than requiring the TTW main file and TTW patches for all of the DLCs (12 files) you would only need one. I want to know how many of you out there don't already have all of the DLCs.

steviestevens

I'm tired of people

Post by steviestevens » Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:50 am

I'm tired of people complaining they don't have a certain dlc, just get it! steam has sales all the time, u can get NV dlc for like $2.50. Plus as far as Fallout 3 goes that game is super old now if you didn't get the GoTY edition you probably got the dlc a long time ago. I say make it required I don't think it should be an option.

thermador

Yeah, same reasoning.  All

Post by thermador » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:17 am

Yeah, same reasoning.  All DLC should be required. 

That way people can just buy Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition and Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition on Steam and know that they have exactly what they need.  During a good sale, you can get both of those for less than $20.

Additionally, if it also makes it easier to develop the project, even better.

JaxFirehart

Well I think that is the best

Post by JaxFirehart » Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:50 am

Well I think that is the best way to go. Unless I hear a LOT of complaining from a lot of people. We are still a ways off from having to make this decision so I will see what the community has to say.

Darkersun

Maybe it should not require

Post by Darkersun » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:04 am

Maybe it should not require Courier's Stash, because it is just some weapons and many people don't like it.

( I have it so from my side its ok to integrate Courier's Stash)

Regards,

Darkersun

- semi FNV Modder
- Wasteland lover

- System Spec: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T / MSI GTX 970 /12GB DDR3 RAM

helpful_visitor

I agree with having all DLC's

Post by helpful_visitor » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:06 pm

I agree with having all DLC's required.  They are cheap to get.  FO3 has been out for so long and it seems most people would like to play the complete game experience based on the number of people asking about FO3 DLC support for RFCW and TTW.  Requiring all the DLC's to minimize the number of mods required would make the most sense.

Also, anything that could potentially cut down on overall development time would also be appreciated.

BTW, this project is fantastic!  I'm looking forward to seeing the completed product.  Great job all!

tizerist

I think that the non-DLC

Post by tizerist » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:23 pm

I think that the non-DLC fraternity should not hold the project back. In a way, if you don't have the DLC's your game is incomplete.

You obtain all the DLC's, then you attempt to install a mod like TTW. It's a natural progression.

So, yes, then.

darthbdaman
Gary

Ya. it should require the DLC

Post by darthbdaman » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:43 pm

Ya. it should require the DLC. By this point most people have them, and if they don't, it's their loss.

dandys

Like the others, I agree the

Post by dandys » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:52 pm

Like the others, I agree the DLC should be required.

Not only does it open up more opportunities, I think it's essential because of Broken Steel being needed for the story. Like if the whole story stops before New Vegas timeline even starts how does that make sense?

Copper Hamster

My admittedly worthless vote

Post by Copper Hamster » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:34 am

My admittedly worthless vote is require everything except Courier's Stash, since some people don't like that one.

I came here to lurk and chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of gum.