Vurt's Flora Overhaul TTW Edition

Mod releases and conversions.
enneract

Vurt's Flora Overhaul TTW Edition

Post by enneract » Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:55 am

Hi guys!

So, since RoyBatty decided that he didn't have the time to finish this, I've been working on it. I'm at a stage where I'm comfortable with putting up an interim version while I finish polishing off the new installer. 

The FO3 options include fixed LODs for all FO3 areas, the FONV options are untouched from Vurt's distribution.

The current version posted here does not set the ini entries needed for full functionality of the FO3 versions of the mod, you'll need to do so manually. Unless someone knows a method of using the XML configuration method for fomods to set ini values, I'll need to rewrite the installer in c# in order to accomplish that. 

below [Grass] in your fallout.ini make sure you have; iMinGrassSize=40 and iMaxGrassTypesPerTexure=6 otherwise you won't see all grasses and plants. Yes, it's spelled "texure", use copy/paste to get it 100% right.

The to-do list for final release is to automate the ini edits, and produce the NMC compatibility patch for the LODs.

Anyway, I'm posting this now to get some bug reports in, so please post any problems that you encounter - especially related to EVE compatibility (I can't reproduce the EVE crash bug that some people have reported).

A final caveat - I don't know anything about permissions to post this. I don't see anything in any of Vurt's readmes which addresses that topic & Vurt doesn't respond to PMs, but the requirements of the posted modding bounty seems to preclude the normal procedure of posting changed files only. To be clear, all credit for all of the original work goes to Vurt - all I did was convert the plugins, rebuild the LODs, and add the FO3 bits to the installer.

DOWNLOAD: (297 MB)

• Mirror 1: https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0BzLZvk2hQiROSmhvUUZtMUdjRXM&export=download

• Mirror 2: https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B3y8Jtnzq5zCaFNNeEtZTVhGZUk&export=download

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Andr0idOS

I love you for this.

Post by Andr0idOS » Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:52 am

I love you for this. Seriously. Thank you so much! Although Vurt's has gotten much better with 2.7.2 (Not sure why, maybe the new EVE?) I still come across LODs in places every once in a while.

|CPU - Intel Core i5-4670k @ 4.4GHz| |GPU(s) - EVGA GTX 970| |Motherboard - Gigabyte Z87X-D3H| |CPU cooler - CM Hyper 212 Evo| |16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport XT 1866MHz RAM| |PSU - Corsair TX750| |Case - Cooler Master HAF-X| |Storage - 1TB HDD/256GB SSD|

RoyBatty

EVE should not conflict with

Post by RoyBatty » Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:00 am

EVE should not conflict with it, I'm going to install it in a bit. Since NMC doesn't have LOD generated anyways, it was the stock LOD included and the combine scripts just remove it.

Also, TTW has permission to use his assets so you can just package them up with it.

RoyBatty

No crashes with EVE as far as

Post by RoyBatty » Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:53 am

No crashes with EVE as far as I can tell, at least not my conversion.

So far the only thing I noticed is this.

http://i.imgur.com/tZ1BDEp.jpg

Wrong tree type, so it's a conflict. Should be easy to fix.

http://i.imgur.com/qxkjUb1.jpg

Sorry about this screenshot it's the only one I still have with that tree in it.

I'm using the dead editions.

KeltecRFB

Thanks enneract!  

Post by KeltecRFB » Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:41 pm

Thanks enneract!  

Just to make sure, this is the full version for both wastelands, correct?

"TTW is the Fallout version of The One Ring. The One Ring to rule them all."

"Si vis pacem, para bellum!"

My new favorite, the IWI TC-21 Tavor

enneract

KeltecRFB wrote:

Post by enneract » Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:25 pm

[quote=KeltecRFB]

Thanks enneract!  

Just to make sure, this is the full version for both wastelands, correct?

[/quote]

Yes, sort of. It contains the overhaul for both wastelands, but the only one I've actually worked on yet is the FO3 portion. It needs a little more adjustment, but a new game shouldnt be required or anything. The NV portion also needs a fix pass, but I haven't touched that yet.

KeltecRFB

Roger, thank you.  I will

Post by KeltecRFB » Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:46 pm

Roger, thank you.  I will keep following your progress... :-)

FalloutAddict

Great, Thanks a bunch! :)

Post by FalloutAddict » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:40 am

Great,

Thanks a bunch! :)

Restoring the greatest country in the world to its former glory, well, heh heh... Well, that takes time, even for the Enclave.

Galliano

Thx you for the link! Which

Post by Galliano » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:37 am

Thx for the link! Which version of vurts overhaul is this? Fertile and forested or dead? Or all versions?

Edit: I'm back home and downloaded the file. One word: awesome! I can't belive, all versions together in one Installer, with NMC and Poco Bueno pacht and AA-Patch. I don't need anything else. surprise

And it worked like intended. No more misplaced LOD (haven't found one yet).

Thank you for this package! yes

KeltecRFB

@enneract - I had a chance to

Post by KeltecRFB » Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:39 am

@enneract - I had a chance to test this out and what an outstanding job!  Hope to see final release soon so you can get the bounty!