Vurts Flora Overhaul - Fertile FNV / Forested FO3

Mod releases and conversions.
TJ

Vurts Flora Overhaul - Fertile FNV / Forested FO3

Post by TJ » Sun May 18, 2014 4:45 am

As best I can tell, this is as close as it's gonna get to a proper VFO for TTW (unless someone that knows more about fixing LOD than I comes along.) As always all credit goes to the original author - I just gave my best shot at fixing these up for TTW. Here's the process for getting Flora Overhaul and Wasteland Flora Overhaul working with TTW.

[collapsed title=Instructions]

1. Load your save and go into an interior cell. Doesn't matter where (as far as I can tell.)

2. Do the whole wait for a cell reset (wait for several days- usually 3.)

3. Console 'PCB' - Yes it's mandatory even if you have a mod that does it for you.

4. Download the loose files package below. DO NOT INSTALL.

5. Compare those files to the files in your data folder, removing everything that shows up in your data folder. It's also a good idea to make sure you don't have any tree LOD from NMC or any other mod. (Use search to find every thread that covers "NMC", "Vurt's" or LOD and make sure nothing shows up in your data folder.)

6. Download and install TTW Flora Overhaul (also listed below)

7. Toggle Archive Invalidation.

8. Open Fallout.ini. Press 'CTRL' + F. Type iMinGrassSize and press enter. Change the value to 40. Go back to the top and press 'CTRL' + F again. Type iMaxGrassTypesPerTexure (yes that's spelled right.) Change the value to 6.

9. Repeat Step 8 for FalloutPrefs.ini

10. Repeat Step 9 for Falloutdefault.ini (it's in your FalloutNV folder.)

[/collapsed]

Even after all of this, I cannot guarantee that this will work properly. It hasn't been tested enough yet. That said it works for me. I'll add a few screenshots momentarily.

Additionally, here are the instructions for advanced users. I'll not explain any of this because it's clearly labelled 'advanced users.' However if said advanced users upload their alternate builds of Vurts to this thread I'll add them to this post.

[collapsed title=How to build the other versions] 

Download the FO3 & FNV version of your choice. Copy both to an empty folder. Extract the FO3 files first, then extract the FNV files and overwrite when asked. Ignore the esps for the moment. Use the version of BSAOpt that came with your TTW installer (Resources folder) to pack the meshes and textures up - make sure you select 'No Compression'. Drop the esps in your data folder. Make sure the NV version loads before the FO3 version, then open edit. Load only TTW.esm and the two Vurt's plugins. For Vurt's NV - Add Masters (all of TTW's files,) Sort Masters, trip the ESM flag. For Vurt's FO3 - Add Masters and Sort Masters(all of TTW's files). Save and close Edit. Change VFO NV's file extension to .esm. Reopen in Edit, run the TTW conversion script, then add VFO NV as a master and all of FO3's records into it.

[/collapsed]

Delta has built new LOD for Vurts! Get it here!

Downloads:

Flora Overhaul (144 MB)

• Mirror 1: https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0BzLZvk2hQiROZzhYZW1jVFlSMTQ&export=download

• MIrror 2: https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B3y8Jtnzq5zCcEJfMFd6UU1JVlE&export=download

Loose Files (DO NOT INSTALL THESE, they are just a modder's resource):

• Mirror 1: https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B3y8Jtnzq5zCeV9xenRERWZSX28&export=download

• Mirror 2: https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0BzLZvk2hQiROcFdIOTNwS211YmM&export=download

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

My project Dash is on Kickstarter!

TJ

After more testing I can say

Post by TJ » Sun May 18, 2014 5:19 pm

After more testing I can say the LOD is still messed up in some places. It's not as bad as it was the last time I attempted to use Vurts, but still happens. I'm going to leave this up, as it's already converted, merged, and packed together.. but it still needs work.

manos

This is good news! I thoat

Post by manos » Sun May 18, 2014 6:28 pm

This is good news! I believed Vurt's doesn't had time but it seems that he found it ;) thanks man!

Since we're talking about LOD, have you eared about DynoLOD?

Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock'n'roll...

TJ

manos wrote:This is good news

Post by TJ » Sun May 18, 2014 6:40 pm

[quote=manos]This is good news! I believed Vurt's doesn't had time but it seems that he found it ;) thanks man![/quote]

Vurt still doesn't have time. I put the pack together.

manos

My mistake, i should stop

Post by manos » Sun May 18, 2014 8:09 pm

My mistake, i should stop smoking... Thanks!

Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock'n'roll...

Runnerblank

TJ wrote:

Post by Runnerblank » Mon May 19, 2014 2:26 am

[quote=TJ]

manos wrote:

This is good news! I believed Vurt's doesn't had time but it seems that he found it ;) thanks man!

Vurt still doesn't have time. I put the pack together.

[/quote]

Thanks!
Always bring a companion or two that is slower than you.
Because you don't need to out run a Deathclaw.
You just need to out run your companions (Just bring a lot of companions in case the Deathclaw is really hungry!).

RoyBatty

I'm going through all of NMC

Post by RoyBatty » Mon May 19, 2014 10:08 am

I'm going through all of NMC's texture packs also, and making some scripts to clean them up. There is a lot of files in the New Vegas packs which are not present in any of the BSA's and probably leftovers from his Fallout 3 packs, as well as tons of duplicate files which are redundant. I'll put the scripts to clean them out up somewhere, it should help a lot with issues with Vurts and with TTW in general.

Burnsy

This Crashes my game on the

Post by Burnsy » Mon May 19, 2014 3:21 pm

This Crashes my game on the main menu, have no clue why. do you also need original files as well? 

Drain-O

@Burnsy

Post by Drain-O » Mon May 19, 2014 3:44 pm

@Burnsy

I'm having the same problem. CTD as soon as the menu tries to load. If I take VFO out, it loads fine. I followed the instructions, but they're kind of confusing to me. It doesn't mention if we're supposed to keep the original ESPs or not.

[collapsed title=Load Order] FalloutNV.esm

DeadMoney.esm

HonestHearts.esm

OldWorldBlues.esm

LonesomeRoad.esm

GunRunnersArsenal.esm

CaravanPack.esm

ClassicPack.esm

MercenaryPack.esm

TribalPack.esm

Fallout3.esm

Anchorage.esm

ThePitt.esm

BrokenSteel.esm

PointLookout.esm

Zeta.esm

TaleOfTwoWastelands.esm

Inventory Access.esm

Ambient Temperature.esm

JIP Selective-Fire.esm

TTWFixes.esm

TTW Flora Overhaul.esm

streetlights.esm

Project Nevada - Core.esm

Project Nevada - Equipment.esm

NevadaSkies.esm

Project Nevada - Extra Options.esm

oHUD.esm

Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp

Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp

DarNifiedUINV.esp

EVE FNV - ALL DLC.esp

HUD Extended.esp

TTW_Bobbleheads.esp

Flora Overhaul.esp

Radar.esp

TTW_SuperMutantRebalance.esp

ttw24_plbulbmiscitemofffixed.esp

HUD Extended - Ambient Temperature.esp

Project Nevada - Cyberware Additions.esp

TTW_CompanionWheelFixesForReal.esp

Jump Fall Fixer.esp

FlashlightNVSE.esp

TTW_NoKarmaDCFollowers.esp

TTW_StashPackOptions.esp

The Mod Configuration Menu.esp

The Weapon Mod Menu.esp

Vurt's WFO.esp

Project Nevada - TTW.esp

Project Nevada - Rebalance Complete.esp

TTW_MoreCookingItems.esp

Project Nevada - All DLC.esp

NevadaSkies - TTW Edition.esp

Powered Power Armor.esp

Ambient Temperature - PPA.esp

TTW_AnchorageCustomization.esp

TTW_OutcastTrading.esp

citadel_fix-for_v2-4a.esp

ttw24afollowerfirehirefix.esp

ttw_introvideofix.esp [/collapsed]

TJ

Your problem is probably also

Post by TJ » Mon May 19, 2014 3:48 pm

Your problem is probably also a conflict. No, you aren't supposed to keep the original VFO esps as this supersedes them.