Who Else is Playing Wasteland (WL) 2 Beta? ...

General discussion about Wasteland 2 and Directors Cut
KeltecRFB

Who Else is Playing Wasteland (WL) 2 Beta? ...

Post by KeltecRFB » Mon May 12, 2014 4:51 pm

Who Else is Playing Wasteland (WL) 2 Beta besides Chuck and I?

"TTW is the Fallout version of The One Ring. The One Ring to rule them all."

"Si vis pacem, para bellum!"

My new favorite, the IWI TC-21 Tavor

thermador

I played the most recent Beta

Post by thermador » Mon May 12, 2014 11:25 pm

I played the most recent Beta for a bit this weekend. I was pretty disappointed.

Voice acting is too minimal. Ideally I'd like to see 100% of the characters voice acted.

Too unbalanced. Even on the easy difficulty I always ran out of ammo, and you can never salvage enough stuff to buy more because its so expensive. The difficulty setting should impact the loot spawn likelihood but it doesn't. You have to train all of your characters in melee weapons if you want to survive.

Too many bugs. Several times it crashed and I also encountered a repeated bug where a character would use AP but not actually shoot a weapon.

chucksteel

the previous beta was totally

Post by chucksteel » Tue May 13, 2014 12:19 am

the previous beta was totally over powered and balance has changed in every version I've tested. there still working on balance and loot spawns. I only have two melee users in my team and I was able to finish the beta. Haven't had too many bugs one CNPC breakers a quest that she is supposed to be a big part of but have only crashed a few times in the latest build. I would like to see some more voice acting but I know that is one place there trying to save money. 

thermador

Oh yeah and for 60$ it would

Post by thermador » Tue May 13, 2014 12:44 am

Oh yeah and for 60$ it would be nice to get more than 50 hours of gameplay, but whatevs

chucksteel

I think that is just what

Post by chucksteel » Tue May 13, 2014 12:51 am

I think that is just what they estimate it will take to finish the main quest but there are a lot of side quests and things to explore. 

I don't know I have really enjoyed it so far and the fact the game will be moddable makes me excited. 

paragonskeep

I've been interested in

Post by paragonskeep » Tue May 13, 2014 2:03 am

I've been interested in seeing how it plays out (no pun intended) But honestly will wait until it's out of Beta and then decide.

Oh and continue to watch Chuck's videos to get a better idea as well.

If life is but a test, where's the damn answer key?!?!?

KeltecRFB

I agree with you Therma, they

Post by KeltecRFB » Wed May 14, 2014 11:25 am

I agree with you Therma, they should have more ammo for those who want it.  From a hardcore perspective, I kind of like it.  Keep in mind, the most recent beta only has 40% of the finish game running.  I like it from a nostalgic point of view and my wife called it archaic while comparing it to heavily modded Fallout ... LOL

"TTW is the Fallout version of The One Ring. The One Ring to rule them all."

"Si vis pacem, para bellum!"

My new favorite, the IWI TC-21 Tavor

chucksteel

You guys need to stop

Post by chucksteel » Wed May 14, 2014 11:13 pm

You guys need to stop thinking of Wasteland 2 as a finished product and think of it more along the lines of TTW. A work in progress. this is the 3rd beta release I've played and the game gets better and worse in every patch. 

the first beta I tested was almost unplayable! I could do Radio tower but after that it was a crash fest. The second had so much medical supplies you couldn't die (But they were just testing the medical skills and healing) The 3rd revamped weapons and ammo (I'm not saying there doesn't't need to be more ammo as loot) but it added new ammo types and even changed the range of weapons (Kind of nerfed them IMHO!) 

It's all a WIP and will get better over time. 

thermador

Yeah I'm hoping it does, I am

Post by thermador » Thu May 15, 2014 4:52 am

Yeah I'm hoping it does, I am really looking forward to playing the mature game. I #really# hope they do full voice acting. Oblivion only had 17 voice actors, but... every single line was voiced. I'd rather have every line voiced with average acting than only a handful with good acting. For me, every time the voice acting suddenly stops it breaks the immersion.

Runnerblank

A few games are just more

Post by Runnerblank » Sun May 18, 2014 6:29 pm

A few games are just more suited for text and I think Wasteland II is one of them.

I like good voice acting, but I also like the more detailed and expanded dialog you get when you are not limited to what can get voiced.

Plus once the voice acting it done, it is written in stone.

For Wasteland II, I think they made the right choice.
They can keep polishing it for as long as they want and they don't have getting it voiced limiting their expansion options.
Always bring a companion or two that is slower than you.
Because you don't need to out run a Deathclaw.
You just need to out run your companions (Just bring a lot of companions in case the Deathclaw is really hungry!).