Fixed Facegen NPC Textures

Mod releases and conversions for Current versions of TTW
User avatar
FiftyTifty
Posts: 475
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:36 pm

Re: Fixed Facegen NPC Textures

Post by FiftyTifty » Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:16 pm

Bottletopman wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:01 am
Forgot to mention that it was already set to 1. Also made sure that I was using the latest NVSE version from the github page and I was. I've got the esm checked and at the bottom of the esm list if that matters. Would FOMM's archive invalidation have anything to do with it, or only when there's loose files that match filenames within the BSA?
Obviously it's not going to work if you have that setting enabled.

Lyndi
Posts: 459
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:32 pm

Re: Fixed Facegen NPC Textures

Post by Lyndi » Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:38 pm

Bottletopman wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:01 am
Lyndi wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:00 pm
Check your ini files and makes sure you have bLoadFaceGenHeadEGTFiles set correctly.
Forgot to mention that it was already set to 1. Also made sure that I was using the latest NVSE version from the github page and I was. I've got the esm checked and at the bottom of the esm list if that matters. Would FOMM's archive invalidation have anything to do with it, or only when there's loose files that match filenames within the BSA?
Set it to 0 bud. bLoadFaceGenHeadEGTFiles has to be set to 0 for these to work.
Produces the programming equivalent of coffee stains.

Bottletopman
Posts: 95
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:28 am

Re: Fixed Facegen NPC Textures

Post by Bottletopman » Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:02 am

oooooops...maybe I was dropped on my head as a kid because I was always under the impression that it had to be set to 1 lmao, although I think it was to fix the mismatched skin colour bug wasn't it?

The faces look amazing now...goddamn. I'm so used to the blue/green tinges that this looks weird now lol
tp for my bunghole?

User avatar
InsanePlumber
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:15 pm

Re: Fixed Facegen NPC Textures

Post by InsanePlumber » Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:39 pm

@FiftyTifty
Please make versions for vanilla Fallout New Vegas.

Bottletopman
Posts: 95
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:28 am

Re: Fixed Facegen NPC Textures

Post by Bottletopman » Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:30 pm

InsanePlumber wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:39 pm
@FiftyTifty
Please make versions for vanilla Fallout New Vegas.
It already works with vanilla as mentioned in one of the previous posts
tp for my bunghole?

Lyndi
Posts: 459
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:32 pm

Re: Fixed Facegen NPC Textures

Post by Lyndi » Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:19 am

Bottletopman wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:30 pm
InsanePlumber wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:39 pm
@FiftyTifty
Please make versions for vanilla Fallout New Vegas.
It already works with vanilla as mentioned in one of the previous posts
Technically the original version posted wouldn't work without TTW. I don't know if he updated it, but the original esm had a bunch of dirty edits and TTW and all it's required files as masters. It wouldn't load in regular FNV.
Produces the programming equivalent of coffee stains.

User avatar
Rika
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:02 pm

Re: Fixed Facegen NPC Textures

Post by Rika » Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:47 pm

Lyndi wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:19 am
Bottletopman wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:30 pm
InsanePlumber wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:39 pm
@FiftyTifty
Please make versions for vanilla Fallout New Vegas.
It already works with vanilla as mentioned in one of the previous posts
Technically the original version posted wouldn't work without TTW. I don't know if he updated it, but the original esm had a bunch of dirty edits and TTW and all it's required files as masters. It wouldn't load in regular FNV.

Looks like the entire plugin is dirty edits. I think only one actual record is required for the game to load it and the ESM so it's super easy to edit out. I just deleted everything except 000DDEA2 and cleaned masters and boom, only FalloutNV.esm is required.

User avatar
FiftyTifty
Posts: 475
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:36 pm

Re: Fixed Facegen NPC Textures

Post by FiftyTifty » Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:20 pm

Rika wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:47 pm
Looks like the entire plugin is dirty edits. I think only one actual record is required for the game to load it and the ESM so it's super easy to edit out. I just deleted everything except 000DDEA2 and cleaned masters and boom, only FalloutNV.esm is required.
Yeah I should have removed those edits from the plugin. The reason that they're in it, is that to generate the face textures, your plugin needs to have entries for the NPCs. And since I needed to generate new textures for all the NPCs, I added all the NPC records.

I'll make a proper release once I've done more testing, as I may be able to get the face textures looking even better.

Lyndi
Posts: 459
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:32 pm

Re: Fixed Facegen NPC Textures

Post by Lyndi » Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:16 am

FiftyTifty wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:20 pm
Rika wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:47 pm
Looks like the entire plugin is dirty edits. I think only one actual record is required for the game to load it and the ESM so it's super easy to edit out. I just deleted everything except 000DDEA2 and cleaned masters and boom, only FalloutNV.esm is required.
Yeah I should have removed those edits from the plugin. The reason that they're in it, is that to generate the face textures, your plugin needs to have entries for the NPCs. And since I needed to generate new textures for all the NPCs, I added all the NPC records.

I'll make a proper release once I've done more testing, as I may be able to get the face textures looking even better.
I figured it was something like that. I just cleaned it out myself. It's not that big a deal and takes 2 minutes. It had a lot of the crap the GECK likes to add to TTW plugins for no reason. I was just pointing out why that guy was asking for a version that required FNV only.
Produces the programming equivalent of coffee stains.

Bottletopman
Posts: 95
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:28 am

Re: Fixed Facegen NPC Textures

Post by Bottletopman » Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:26 pm

Lyndi wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:19 am
Bottletopman wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:30 pm
InsanePlumber wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:39 pm
@FiftyTifty
Please make versions for vanilla Fallout New Vegas.
It already works with vanilla as mentioned in one of the previous posts
Technically the original version posted wouldn't work without TTW. I don't know if he updated it, but the original esm had a bunch of dirty edits and TTW and all it's required files as masters. It wouldn't load in regular FNV.
Oh right I completely forgot about the other required masters in that esm lol. I ended up renaming the files to one of my other plugins to keep my load order a bit smaller.
tp for my bunghole?

Post Reply