TTW redesigned (not supported)

Mod releases and conversions for Current versions of TTW
HachimonBlackEyed

Re: TTW redesigned

Post by HachimonBlackEyed » Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:11 pm

Sorry my mistake, somehow I messed up by just installing the mods mention using NMM. It's working now. No bugs or seams in DC. I'll be checking Mojave, just a test run before playing a new playthrough. Thank you for responding :D

drhamm

Post by drhamm » Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:24 am

junkacc wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:56 am
Permission from dracomies obtained. All I have to do now is wait for Type4 to hit 1,000 endoresements to finally release this.
Is 963 close enough to 1,000 for you to consider releasing it anyway, or at least posting the new files here? I grabbed the files from the front page, but if you've got a new one that gets rid of the need to set facegen to 1 (and keeps me from having to fire up the GECK myself lol), I figure I might as well wait for it.

drhamm

Re: TTW redesigned- Problem, my solution, and questions

Post by drhamm » Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:09 pm

Installed the files from the front page and followed instructions, but at first I was getting the big red square and exclamation mark for Bittercup, although everyone else in Bigtown was fine. I could see Bittercup through the square, and she was bald.

So I installed the FO3 version of project beauty (didn't allow it to overwrite anything, disabled the plugins for it, and everything works fine now, so is something perhaps missing from your file that is included in the FO3 assets (like Bittercup's altered hairstyle)?

The last plugin you uploaded was January 20th, before you redid things, so that's what I'm using right now, with facegen set to 1. Still having neck seams on males, but that's always been a thing, in both vanilla and with Breeze (which I'm using).

I didn't see anything in the post about disabling the Honest Hearts patch for NVR, so I left it checked when I disabled the others you indicated. Is this the correct procedure?

junkacc

Post by junkacc » Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:06 am

1. Nope. 1000!
2. The one posted here is baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad.
3. Male neckseams will be fixed when T4 hits 1500 lol

drhamm

Post by drhamm » Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:47 am

junkacc wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:06 am
1. Nope. 1000!
2. The one posted here is baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad.
3. Male neckseams will be fixed when T4 hits 1500 lol
Cool, thanks for the response. Gotta have standards and draw the line somewhere, I guess, eh? Guess I'll fire up the GECK myself in the meantime and hope i don't melt the world in the process lol.

jlf65

Post by jlf65 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:55 pm

The issue is that FO3/FNV aren't that active at the nexus any more. At the rate T4 is getting more endorsements, you probably won't hit 1000, much less 1500. Not without some kind of major update, like adding BnB to T4.

drhamm

Post by drhamm » Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:25 pm

jlf65 wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:55 pm
The issue is that FO3/FNV aren't that active at the nexus any more. At the rate T4 is getting more endorsements, you probably won't hit 1000, much less 1500. Not without some kind of major update, like adding BnB to T4.
Hope you're wrong there. But for my own personal use, instead of waiting, I just took the file posted here, merged it with the optional Honest Hearts and Voice Dsicrepancy files in XEdit, and exported the facegen data with GECK for the named characters so I could set facegen back to 0 in my custom ini, and so far it's working fine. Might just go back and do a fresh clean merge of the FO3 and FNV versions myself later--I'll probably screw it up, but as Jake the Dog says, "Sucking at something is the first step towards being kind of good at something." :lol:

junkacc

Post by junkacc » Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:32 am

jlf65 wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:55 pm
I've noticed that mods get way less endorsements than they should. I guess FNV modding is on its last legs. A shame. A community gets the mods it deserves, I suppose.
drhamm wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:25 pm
Hope you're wrong there. But for my own personal use, instead of waiting, I just took the file posted here, merged it with the optional Honest Hearts and Voice Dsicrepancy files in XEdit, and exported the facegen data with GECK for the named characters so I could set facegen back to 0 in my custom ini, and so far it's working fine. Might just go back and do a fresh clean merge of the FO3 and FNV versions myself later--I'll probably screw it up, but as Jake the Dog says, "Sucking at something is the first step towards being kind of good at something." :lol:
DId u notice any performance improvements from doing that? I didn't see any to be honest. The only advantage is that you can draw on the facegen textures and that's about it in my opinion.

RoyBatty
Gary

Post by RoyBatty » Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:03 am

*shrug* I get between 25000 and 60000 downloads per month on my mods and it's been consistent for years.

drhamm

Post by drhamm » Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:29 pm

junkacc wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:32 am
DId u notice any performance improvements from doing that? I didn't see any to be honest. The only advantage is that you can draw on the facegen textures and that's about it in my opinion.
It could be the placebo effect, but the game seems a bit more responsive, now, with exported facegen data. Quicker saves and loads, etc. I have no empirical data to back up my anecdotal observations, though. My plugin is a mess, but it technically works for now.

EDIT: Also, the initial issue I had with the missing texture was my own damn fault.