JLF65's TTW3 mods

Mod releases and conversions for Current versions of TTW
streetyson

Re: JLF65's TTW3 mods

Post by streetyson » Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:04 pm

Just to note (playing TTW 3.2.2) that after installing your Ben Canning TTW conversion he's offering to trade but has nothing to sell. I ran into him 4 times and each time it was the same, he has plenty of caps but no inventory. So each time I sold him a bunch of stuff, fast travelled to his next port-of-call, and he's still got nothing to sell. Then a Mister Gutsy killed him outside Arefu and his trading days were over. I actually resurrected him to see if that cured it, but no.

jlf65

Post by jlf65 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:20 pm

That happened to me once when I installed it on a current play-through, but when I started fresh, it didn't happen again. I don't know why it does that, but doesn't seem to do it (to me) on a new game.

Manan

Post by Manan » Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:41 pm

I enjoy the idea of having better metro maps in TTW. Does the TTW conversion include the Columbus Circle on the maps by any chance? I always have to follow a step-by-step guide to reach the damn place. :lol:

streetyson

Post by streetyson » Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:25 am

jlf65 wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:20 pm
That happened to me once when I installed it on a current play-through, but when I started fresh, it didn't happen again. I don't know why it does that, but doesn't seem to do it (to me) on a new game.
Thanks. Yes I wondered if it needed either a new game (or maybe at least not to have already given him water). And your answer confirms for me that the mod in itself is not broken. Cheers!

jlf65

Post by jlf65 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:06 pm

Manan wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:41 pm
I enjoy the idea of having better metro maps in TTW. Does the TTW conversion include the Columbus Circle on the maps by any chance? I always have to follow a step-by-step guide to reach the damn place. :lol:
No, the map used is the one for plain Fallout 3. It's a good map, but doesn't have the TTW train station. That does sound like something to add.

Risewild

Post by Risewild » Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:40 am

Manan wrote:
Nice idea. I just "stole" it and added the Columbus Circle to my "Pintocat's Metro Map Replacer" conversion. :P
Signature:

Risewild

Post by Risewild » Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:45 am

jlf65 wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:06 pm
Manan wrote:
No, the map used is the one for plain Fallout 3. It's a good map, but doesn't have the TTW train station. That does sound like something to add.
I just noticed that in the map outside the MALL NE Metro Station, the arrow is pointing to the wrong place, it points close to the "Tepid Sewers" instead. Also it's missing an arrow in the map on the other side of the display.

Here's a pic with the IDs of the arrow, in case it helps:
SpoilerShow
Signature:

jlf65

Post by jlf65 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:36 pm

Risewild wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:45 am
I just noticed that in the map outside the MALL NE Metro Station, the arrow is pointing to the wrong place, it points close to the "Tepid Sewers" instead. Also it's missing an arrow in the map on the other side of the display.
I noticed a couple myself that I reported to the original author. I don't make changes to the mod, just port it to TTW and clean it up. Changing those arrows is super fiddly. I'm not sure how much work the original author had to do to make it all in the first place. Realize that each and every arrow is overlaid on the map individually as an independent graphic element. You need to know the exact x,y,z coords and angles to make the arrows point the right way, at the right spot, and lie flat on the sign. :shock:

Manan

Post by Manan » Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:18 am

If you still feel open to the idea of a mod for better turret reprogramming options, I found one for Fallout 3 with more open permissions while browsing around. That said, also I looked up one of the actual terminals in New Vegas in FNVedit, and it seemed like adding a new option on the terminal with a slightly edited script to add the turrets of the Player faction would be relatively easy. I'm not sure how one would go about removing the turrets' previous allegiances to ensure they'll always fight for you, or if the changes would be reflected for turrets in D.C... Maybe that wouldn't be too hard to address. I got the impression the records were just copied verbatim from Fallout 3 terminals, anyway. Perhaps I'll try making one from the ground up myself and see how badly I crash and burn.

jlf65

Post by jlf65 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:53 am

I tend to use this turret mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/22694

It's not got open permissions, though.