Consistent Vault Number in Pipboy Icons

Mod releases and conversions for Current versions of TTW
Risewild

Consistent Vault Number in Pipboy Icons

Post by Risewild » Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:41 pm

ashjay101 made a mod back in 2017, that changed the Pipboy icons for the perks Swift Learner, Lady Killer, Scrounger, Toughness, Little Leaguer and Lonesome Road to have the number 101 (instead of 21) in the back of the vault suit.

Because it might seem weird that some icons have the number 101 and others have the number 21.

ashjay101 had plans to also edit the Bumper Sword, Heavy Handed and Throwing Spear icons, but it doesn't seem like those plans were ever achieved.

Well, I decided to make my own version (since it's easier for me to just make it from scratch) for TTW 3.x and I also made those missing icons.

So here it is, a mod that changes all the Pipboy Icons to show the same number.
I made three versions, one where all icons have the number 101 (Bumper Sword Icon has a license plate that is more in line with the DC Bumper Sword texture too), another where all icons have the number 21 and the last one where the icons have no numbers at all (the Toughness perk has a Vault-Tec symbol instead of a number).

You should only use one version, there's no point in using more than one, because they will overwrite each other anyway.

Downloads:
Thanks go to:
ashjay101 for the idea
Signature:

pharaon3

Re: Consistent Vault Number in Pipboy Icons

Post by pharaon3 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:28 pm

Good job! Thanks Risewild!

Maybe this is out of scope, but what about a Pipboy icon for Electron Charge Packs or Microfusion Cells? They share the same but and, as far as I know, there aren't mods changing one of them.

Daeymon

Post by Daeymon » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:13 pm

I love little texture mods like this. Thankyou!!

Risewild

Post by Risewild » Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:38 am

pharaon3 wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:28 pm
Good job! Thanks Risewild!

Maybe this is out of scope, but what about a Pipboy icon for Electron Charge Packs or Microfusion Cells? They share the same but and, as far as I know, there aren't mods changing one of them.
I'm not sure how I can make a different icon for each. They have both the same model, only difference is that one has a red texture and the other has a yellow texture, but pipboy icons do not display colors.

Also since they both share the same texture ingame, I would have to make a plugin assigning one of them whatever new icon I would make. Which would then require the retexture mod to have a .esp file and clog load orders for just a small change. :o
Signature:

pharaon3

Post by pharaon3 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:11 am

Oh, never thought about that. I totally undersand, and surely it's not worth another plugin in load order.

Thanks anyway for these icons.