TTW-WMX Release Date

Mod releases and conversions for Current versions of TTW
Doomguy

TTW-WMX Release Date

Post by Doomguy » Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:08 am

Wondering if we can get an ETA on the new WMX patch for TTW. Really wanna take another playthrough of TTW but not without my precious weapon mods

Lyndi

Re: TTW-WMX Release Date

Post by Lyndi » Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:40 am

From Roy: "There won't be one, too much work."

SO unless someone else wants to go through and fix every single mesh in WMX there probably won't be a conversion any time soon.

UsagiPyon

Post by UsagiPyon » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:38 am

RoyBatty wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:56 am
Nope, there won't be one, too much work.
Actual quote for the unbeliever. Taken from a similar question topic viewtopic.php?f=22&t=7699

Doomguy

Post by Doomguy » Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:34 pm

This just baffles me because we've had WMX compatibility in the past, someone made mods and models for every weapon in Fallout 3 and I would hate to see all that hard work wasted. What changed? Why is WMX incompatible now? Too much work doesn't seem like a valid excuse (not an insult just my perspective), as it seems to me that it means that it is possible, but a very large amount of work is needed to make it function. That still seems like a worthwhile cause to implement one of the most popular weapon mods for New Vegas into the game. If someone could inform me on why that amount of work makes it too difficult, I would love to hear it so that I get a definitive answer and I don't have to worry anymore.

Lyndi

Post by Lyndi » Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:44 pm

They fixed the meshes for every weapon in the game. It was all part of a loooooooooong list of fixes for 3.2.2. Whomever made WMX work for 3.2.2 would have to go through and fix every single mesh in that mod, and there's a lot of them. That's before updating the plugin. Roy might be able to go into more detail of what was required to fix the games weapon meshes. Either way, updating WMX to not break the 3.2.2 weapons would be a pain in the ass.

Doomguy

Post by Doomguy » Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:00 pm

That does indeed sound like a pain in the ass. I hope someones got a hard enough ass that they're willing to make the effort to make WMX compatible. Unfortunatley, I'll not be able to enjoy TTW if WMX isn't compatible. That's nothing against you guys, modding is hard and choices have to be made. If the day comes that WMX is finally made compatible, you can bet your ass I'll be downloading TTW for another trip in the Capital Wasteland

MattDB

Post by MattDB » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:27 pm

Might be a bit late, but it's not just a case of having too much to fix, it's also the fact that Antistar doesn't want it to happen, AFAIK.

RoyBatty

Post by RoyBatty » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:16 am

Antistar doesn't want the mod merged together into one plugin, which is redundant and a waste of plugins. That is the only thing he has issue with, but it's his mod and he has the right to say what is done with it. He is fine with someone patching it. The issue there is, few people have the skill to do so.