NPC Overhauls that work with TTW

Mod releases and conversions for Current versions of TTW
RoyBatty
Gary

Re: NPC Overhauls that work with TTW

Post by RoyBatty » Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:01 pm

Nice, that will be a fun probject. I see it still needs vertex aligned seams for best effect.

No one is going to do the armors and fix the heads anytime soon. I don't know if the heads can even be fixed without screwing up the vertex order which will invalidate all .egm files.

It's loads of work any way you look at it, and I personally would want it done correctly where everything is done at once and integrated into TTW (which is a future goal).

FiftyTifty

Post by FiftyTifty » Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:12 pm

There's also a tool that takes care of that, in the KGTools suite. The original host of the tools is long gone, but luckily enough, I had it backed up: https://mega.nz/#!yhUSEAAR!qQD65no7ZEKs ... odeBOhFBYk

It works on Oblivion, New Vegas, and Skyrim .nif files. It can also be run on multiple files at once. Now how it works, I've no idea. I've only used the lattice generator from the suite, but it's not ungodly complicated so it'll just take some fiddling to work.

SirDanest

Post by SirDanest » Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:01 am

I haven't had the chance to try them yet, but the new vegas type 4 female body type supposedly fixes the neck seam problem.

IAreBob

Post by IAreBob » Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:37 pm

SirDanest wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:01 am
I haven't had the chance to try them yet, but the new vegas type 4 female body type supposedly fixes the neck seam problem.
It does, which is why I was asking earlier if the current TTW project would work with it. It's several posts earlier.

-IAreBob

DantetheKing

Post by DantetheKing » Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:28 am

Any updates? :shock:

Seminole Gamer

Post by Seminole Gamer » Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:04 pm

I wouldn't bother asking for updates. The amount of work ahead of them sounds like someone being given a shovel and bucket and told to remove a mountain.
Shonabish

jlf65

Post by jlf65 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:42 pm

Seminole Gamer wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:04 pm
I wouldn't bother asking for updates. The amount of work ahead of them sounds like someone being given a shovel and bucket and told to remove a mountain.
I took a look at FCO... even with the latest "patch", the NV FCO still has bad meshes and such. I've fixed two meshes on my own install, and a missing texture. It also hasn't been updated for the current YUP. Then there's the fact that the DC FCO only adds races - no hair or other things. There's still something wrong with some character's eyes that I can't figure out... they're always white, no pupils. The meshes and textures seem fine, so no idea what's going on there. I can see why no one really wants to work on it, and why it takes so long. Just use a generic face replacer and be done with it.

DantetheKing

Post by DantetheKing » Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:22 am

Well it's been a year did they give up

Lazydruid

Post by Lazydruid » Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:52 am

DantetheKing wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:22 am
Well it's been a year did they give up
This isn't anyone's main job, modding takes time, it'll be done when it's done.