NPC Overhauls that work with TTW

Mod releases and conversions for Current versions of TTW
User avatar
IAreBob
Posts: 54
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:37 pm

Re: NPC Overhauls that work with TTW

Post by IAreBob » Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:55 am

Sessine wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 7:11 pm
Tyls wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 2:54 pm
But for the moment you could extract the ressource from FCO selecting the meshes and the textures you want to use to make a simple replacer esp-less...
No. TTW does not just edit things within ESP records, it also edits and corrects mesh and texture data.

If the lead developer tells you it is not and will never be compatible, then it isn't and won't be, end of.

I continue to work on TTW redesigned, but progress is slow; its' a big mod with many edits to correct. I know it's disappointing to have things like FCO be incompatible, but that's just the way it is.
Do you think your edits will work fine with Type 4? That neck seem fix is extremely nice to have.

Karakwraith
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:14 pm

Re: NPC Overhauls that work with TTW

Post by Karakwraith » Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:15 pm

Sessine wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 11:58 pm
Do not use TTW_Mojave DC Makeover, and DO NOT use Qwinn's Refined FNV Redesigned 3.

It might not initially seem broken, but trust me, it is.

I'm LivewareCascade, I'm converting TTW Redesigned. It will take time but that's because I'm trying to make sure I do it right and don't mess up all of Roy's painstaking work. Do NOT use other NPC overhauls, they are out of date and might not have even worked correctly in the first place.
That's awesome! I'm glad that you're taking your time and effort working on it, can't wait for the release. Keep up the good work! :D

User avatar
Sessine
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 3:36 pm

Re: NPC Overhauls that work with TTW

Post by Sessine » Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:01 pm

IAreBob wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:55 am
Sessine wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 7:11 pm
Tyls wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 2:54 pm
But for the moment you could extract the ressource from FCO selecting the meshes and the textures you want to use to make a simple replacer esp-less...
No. TTW does not just edit things within ESP records, it also edits and corrects mesh and texture data.

If the lead developer tells you it is not and will never be compatible, then it isn't and won't be, end of.

I continue to work on TTW redesigned, but progress is slow; its' a big mod with many edits to correct. I know it's disappointing to have things like FCO be incompatible, but that's just the way it is.
Do you think your edits will work fine with Type 4? That neck seem fix is extremely nice to have.
No idea, I don't use Type 4 buddy. We'll have to figure it out at the end

junkacc
Posts: 44
Joined: Thu May 16, 2019 2:59 am

Re: NPC Overhauls that work with TTW

Post by junkacc » Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:34 am

@Sessine,

Do you by any chance have a list of things Roy has changed or fixed on the meshes? I want to check them against Type4. Thanks.

User avatar
Sessine
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 3:36 pm

Re: NPC Overhauls that work with TTW

Post by Sessine » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:43 am

Nah, you'd have to ask him directly - I'm just working on cleaning up the esm, I think Roy is handling the meshes and textures but we're leaving that to the end. I'd be happy to muck in with mesh and texture cleanup at the end, but right now I know no more than you do

User avatar
FiftyTifty
Posts: 442
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:36 pm

Re: NPC Overhauls that work with TTW

Post by FiftyTifty » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:07 am

One thing that will need to eventually be done, if the neck seam is to be solved, is recreating the .egt files along with the skin and face texture. Which is a nightmare, because .egt files contain a butt-load of textures, and there's a one for every race.

I'm willing to help, as I've got 3DS Max and Photoshop, though texturing is not my strong point.

User avatar
RoyBatty
Gary
Posts: 6707
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:26 am
Location: Vault 108

Re: NPC Overhauls that work with TTW

Post by RoyBatty » Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:31 pm

.egt files are for tint, nothing else. no textures.

As for seams, this is an issue with tangent space alignment along the seams, not fixing all the armors until they are all properly fixed for all the problems in them. So that's not going to happen any time soon as it's even more work than the weapons.

The textures are generated by GECK, no manual work is involved.
Image

User avatar
FiftyTifty
Posts: 442
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:36 pm

Re: NPC Overhauls that work with TTW

Post by FiftyTifty » Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:34 am

RoyBatty wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:31 pm
.egt files are for tint, nothing else. no textures.

As for seams, this is an issue with tangent space alignment along the seams, not fixing all the armors until they are all properly fixed for all the problems in them. So that's not going to happen any time soon as it's even more work than the weapons.

The textures are generated by GECK, no manual work is involved.
Ooh, I swear I read that the .egt was used for face textures. If they're just for tint, then we should be able to modify them to get rid of the green and blue tint around African American NPCs, right?

User avatar
RoyBatty
Gary
Posts: 6707
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:26 am
Location: Vault 108

Re: NPC Overhauls that work with TTW

Post by RoyBatty » Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:55 pm

Possibly, I don't know how they work or how to edit them and I cannot afford to buy the facegen software.
Image

User avatar
FiftyTifty
Posts: 442
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:36 pm

Re: NPC Overhauls that work with TTW

Post by FiftyTifty » Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:59 pm

RoyBatty wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:55 pm
Possibly, I don't know how they work or how to edit them and I cannot afford to buy the facegen software.
Did a refresher, and now I remember everything.

.EGT files are a collection of tinted textures, that are applied to their respective mesh. There's around fifty in every .egt file, and there is documentation on them here: https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/44360/?

So we extract them with EGTPacker, modify/recreate them with Photoshop, and then repack them with the tool, which can be obtained here: https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/18566?tab=files

What we'll need to do, is figure out which sliders affect the intensity of a texture in the .egt file.

Post Reply