No Talon Regulator Karma Ambushes

Mod releases and conversions for Current versions of TTW
brfritos

No Talon Regulator Karma Ambushes

Post by brfritos » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:46 pm

I've asked the mod author, Rooker75, and he gave the ok to convert the mod for use with TTW 3.2.
I've used the conversion script kindly created by RoyBatty.

The original mod can be found here.
https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/19200/

It works even without the mod being converted if people want to test it. The only ankward moment is Regulators and Talons still appear in their usual spawn points but don't attack the player. Each one of them then approach the player and asks how is it going and stay still in their places, without attacking or doing nothing.

With the conversion this no longer happens, they are effectivelly disabled (thank god!).
This only affects the regular karma ambushes, the rest of Talons/Regulators in the game, random encounters with them or the ambush for disarming Megaton's bomb still behave like usual.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yXZHxt ... sp=sharing

theicedevil

Re: No Talon Regulator Karma Ambushes

Post by theicedevil » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:29 pm

This mod is a must have. Oh how these ambushes were so poorly and lazily implemented by the game devs. Their spawns were predictable and annoying. Rather than being random, you pretty much expected an attack every time you exited an interior cell into the world space. Their spawn points are so predictable that I have them all memorized.

Peter Curtin

Post by Peter Curtin » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:11 am

True enough, but the ambushes are a great source for combat armor early in the game. The developers really should have increased the challenge level of the ambushes as you kill more and more Talon Mercs. You'd think the company would eventually either cut their losses or get really mad and come after you with everything they had.

mementoauderesemper

Post by mementoauderesemper » Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:38 pm

Is this safe to uninstall mid playthrough?

Optera

Post by Optera » Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:49 am

Thanks.
Especially the Talon ambushes never made sense. For measly 1000 caps these idiots attack someone who cleaned out their entire compound with only a 3 man hit squad.
At least they provide a steady supply of energy weapons and combat armor. :P

Regulators could at least somewhat be explained if they where fanatic lawbringers, but then again why don't they use this much effort against raiders and slavers.

jlf65

Post by jlf65 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:15 pm

I've always thought about it this way: they're not after the 1000 cap reward, they're after two things - revenge for all their buddies you killed, and all the caps and gear YOU are carrying. By the time the Talon mercs are becoming regular, I tend to have 20K+ caps on me, and much better gear. Of course they'd want that sweet sweet gear! 8-)

I tend to treat Talon mercs as XP and ammo sources. Getting low on energy cells? Don't worry, the Talon mercs should appear when I go out the door. :lol: