Project Nevada Core Patch

Mod releases and conversions for Current versions of TTW
thetman1221

Re: Project Nevada Core Patch

Post by thetman1221 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:44 pm

So, I take it the Project Nevada extra options ALL DLC patch is unusable? It incorporates all the bad modules into itself, but apparently it fixes some bug that will make you not receive satchel charges when you disarm them.

That's the only thing I care about in that extra options all dlc patch

RoyBatty

Post by RoyBatty » Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:55 pm

There are individual DLC patches, if they use the bad modules I don't recall or not. If they do, then no you can't use them without stripping out whatever they have that requires those modules.

Callen151

Post by Callen151 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:01 pm

RoyBatty wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:55 pm
There are individual DLC patches, if they use the bad modules I don't recall or not. If they do, then no you can't use them without stripping out whatever they have that requires those modules.
The individual DLC patches do not use anything but Core. There is a no cyberware version of OWB. I merged all these into one plugin myself. As for the Extra Options, the All DLC Extra Options plugin requires all 3 of the bad modules.

EyeDeck

Post by EyeDeck » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:16 am

KungFuKillerCat wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:05 pm
I don't know if "close enough" is worth the pain since dlc is a few hours of gameplay into the game?
By that I mean there's nothing obviously amiss when I've skimmed over them in xEdit, and I haven't noticed any issues related to those patches in-game. If there were any compatibility issues that I haven't found, they wouldn't be the sort of thing that would require starting a new save or anything anyway. A few of them have some very minor conflicts with TTW edits to e.g. the biped flags on a few pieces of gear, but those sorts of things are nothing to worry about.

The merged DLC patch is probably no good unless someone were to strip out the dependencies on the cyberware etc modules.

I played through Lonesome Road a few days ago using the load order I just edited the OP to include + my own patch and I didn't notice anything wrong with the satchel charges.

csVirgil

Post by csVirgil » Wed May 01, 2019 7:46 pm

Disregard. Thanks everyone!

Suncatcher

Post by Suncatcher » Sun May 12, 2019 7:09 am

So I understand that the Equipment Module will never be compatible without a huge amount of work because it duplicates and contradicts a lot of items from DC. That's fine, I never liked the Equipment Module anyway.

But I've always liked Cyberware and Rebalance. What is it that actually makes them incompatible?

Like, if it's just that nobody outside the Mojave knows how to install implants and they haven't been magically seeded across DC, that's fine. If they would screw up Tranquility Lane or Operation Anchorage I can just do those before I install any chrome. But I can't think of any other places where Cyberware and TTW would have a disagreement?

And Rebalance... I suppose things like changing the rules for nutrition on food might screw things up, and I can skip that. And any AI change is a big complicated mess, so maybe disable the new stealth/detection system. But things like redoing the carrying capacity, or the hit point formula, or making headshots bypass armor when the target doesn't wear a helmet, or customizing DT bleedthrough, those all seem like they wouldn't have anything to do with the locations or characters or equipment of the Capital Wasteland; they'd just tweaks to the New Vegas engine itself.

While I'm asking stupid noob questions, why does everybody seem so opposed to the Vortex mod manager? I know the old NMM was incapable of handling sufficiently large mods for a project of this scale, but I've never been able to figure out any problems with the new setup. Is sticking exclusively to FOMM just a matter of habit and familiarity?

RoyBatty

Post by RoyBatty » Sun May 12, 2019 4:02 pm

Cyberware can be made to work, it just requires some effort. However it's totally unnecessary with the expanded set of perks.

Equipment is at least 1/2 incompatible with duplicated weapons that are broken in TTW and replace our properly fixed ones. Breaking leveled lists and other conflicts.

Rebalance does the same with leveled lists, breaks AI that you cannot turn off, broken food rebalance as you noted which is also incompatible with restored F3 items conflicting etc.

DasianSensation

Post by DasianSensation » Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:29 am

Suncatcher wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 7:09 am
So I understand that the Equipment Module will never be compatible without a huge amount of work because it duplicates and contradicts a lot of items from DC. That's fine, I never liked the Equipment Module anyway.

But I've always liked Cyberware and Rebalance. What is it that actually makes them incompatible?

Like, if it's just that nobody outside the Mojave knows how to install implants and they haven't been magically seeded across DC, that's fine. If they would screw up Tranquility Lane or Operation Anchorage I can just do those before I install any chrome. But I can't think of any other places where Cyberware and TTW would have a disagreement?

And Rebalance... I suppose things like changing the rules for nutrition on food might screw things up, and I can skip that. And any AI change is a big complicated mess, so maybe disable the new stealth/detection system. But things like redoing the carrying capacity, or the hit point formula, or making headshots bypass armor when the target doesn't wear a helmet, or customizing DT bleedthrough, those all seem like they wouldn't have anything to do with the locations or characters or equipment of the Capital Wasteland; they'd just tweaks to the New Vegas engine itself.

While I'm asking stupid noob questions, why does everybody seem so opposed to the Vortex mod manager? I know the old NMM was incapable of handling sufficiently large mods for a project of this scale, but I've never been able to figure out any problems with the new setup. Is sticking exclusively to FOMM just a matter of habit and familiarity?
I can speak to the NMM/Vortex conversion to MO2 being the best thing since sliced bread. MO2 doesn't modify your FNV game directory (granted you have it set up properly) meaning that you can have multiple profiles and experimental profiles for trying out different mods, without possibly destroying a solid playthrough you have. Also, there are some amazing features in MO2 such as "hiding" mod features in the file tree. This essentially gives you full control of what files overwrite what files of another mod, and even seeing what the actual conflicts are between mods and hiding the files that you do not want overwritten.

I originally had everything installed through Vortex, but then I went and did a 400+ mod install of Skyrim SE through MO2 and it was so awesome, I decided to completely re-install FNV, FO3, TTW through MO2 and have been having a great time ever since. Def. look into MO2 for your mod organization/installation needs instead of NMM/Vortex.

kevinuspro91

Post by kevinuspro91 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:39 pm

Link is broken

Lyndi

Post by Lyndi » Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:37 pm

kevinuspro91 wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:39 pm
Link is broken
Right-click and "save as." It's working fine here.