Ties that Bind - TTW 3.2

Mod releases and conversions for Current versions of TTW
Zack Layton

Ties that Bind - TTW 3.2

Post by Zack Layton » Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:15 am

Moderator note: the conversion author has moved hosting of the mod to nexus, and further discussion will be done on the thread there.

Get ready to experience Fallout 3 again - for the first time. Ties that bind introduces a new companion: your sister. It features over 700 lines of professionally written & voiced dialogue, enhancing and expanding upon the vanilla Fallout 3 experience.

Features
Ties that Bind features over 700 lines of dialogue, written by the same talent behind The Institute, and professionally voiced by actress Amanda Jane Herries. It promises a compelling story that adds to and enhances the original Fallout 3 narrative; including cutscenes, dynamic experience, and choices with genuine consequence.

Requirements
It is HIGHLY recommended that you start a brand new game for your experience with this mod. Amanda is with you right from birth and most of the mod's content is directly tied to the game's main events, so if you add Ties that Bind after you've completed half of the main quests, you're going to miss out on all that content. If you DO start this mod with a character who has already escaped Vault 101, you will find Amanda at Paradise Falls.

Without spoiling anything, bear in mind that most of Amanda's content is TIED to the events of the vanilla quests - so if you have her wait somewhere or become separated and you go on with the main story, you will potentially be missing story beats with her. Most importantly, do not leave Vault101 without Amanda.

Changelog
  • Fixed Amanda following player into cells when waiting
  • Fixed: Amanda would fast travel with you when not a follower.
  • Fixed: Amanda could not be found at Paradise Falls.
  • Fixed: Premature "Trouble on the Home Front" comments in Vault 101.
  • Fixed: Many dialogue typos, thanks to Darian Stephens.
  • Added: Brand new lipsyncs, thanks to great effort by Darian Stephens.
  • Added: Fully functional companion wheel.
Todo:
  • JIP CCC support
Credit
thefourwings for Ties that Bind
Voice acting by Amanda Jane Herries
Lipsyncs by Darian Stephens
Conversion and fixes by Zack Layton

Install this conversion over the original mod.

Download: https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/66498
Last edited by Zack Layton on Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:46 pm, edited 8 times in total.

psychowookiee9

Re: Ties that Bind - TTW 3.2

Post by psychowookiee9 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:31 am

Awesome, my fav Fallout 3 follower mod ported. Thank you, good sir. :)

Zenball

Post by Zenball » Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:28 pm

Nice work! :)

RiceBomb

Post by RiceBomb » Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:55 pm

Great work with this! Love this companion mod.

ShadowKnight104

Post by ShadowKnight104 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:27 am

I remade the "pretty Amanda" plugin that was available for the 2.9.4 version of Ties that Bind conversion, since the old plugin was causing my game to freeze with this update. Unfortunately the forum is hidden so I don't know who to credit for the original, but I remade this plugin from scratch, so hopefully that satisfies the permissions requirements. Credit to Spasticon for the original.

Requires Megaton Hairs from the Nexus: https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/62744

Link: https://www.mediafire.com/file/x378f2ev ... a+Redo.esp
Last edited by ShadowKnight104 on Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

seancdaug

Post by seancdaug » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:41 am

Lovely. Amanda was one of the mods I poked around at quite a bit back in the 2.9 days, and I believe I even posted about some of the tweaks/fixes to the old conversion here (although my old account seems to have disappeared down the rabbit hole with the forum troubles a few months ago).

Out of curiosity, what else needs to be done to support JIP CCC? I've not yet dipped into TTW 3.2, but back in 2.9, I thought that having full companion wheel support was sufficient to support CCC? There are a couple of other companion mods I'd like to convert (for my own use, at least), and I'd like to know what, if anything's, changed in the time I've been away.

Zack Layton

Post by Zack Layton » Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:32 pm

Companion wheel support is enough for New Vegas characters, but Fallout 3 companions - or at least Amanda - don't have all the standard bells and whistles for quest topics and scripting that New Vegas companions do. I plan on redoing her scripting later, but hopefully for now people can live without the JIP CCC support. It will take quite a bit of effort to get her up to the TTW 3.2 standard, and anything less would be a cheap hack.

seancdaug

Post by seancdaug » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:42 pm

Ah, now that you mention it, I do remember having to rework the dialog topics and rewrite a couple of scripts for the companion mods I converted. I just remembered needing to do that for basic companion wheel support (meaning, in order to get all of the wheel commands working, not just getting the wheel to display). But it's been a while, so I don't really trust my own recollection.

Take your time, of course: the fact that you got the thing converted so quickly is more than impressive enough! I may take a look at the thing myself and see about adding quick and dirty CCC support for my own personal purposes (assuming both that the process hasn't changed too much since 2.94 and that I can properly jog my memory about how I did it back then), if I get really impatient. :D

paradoxwing

Post by paradoxwing » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:00 pm

interesting
i never really ran this companion all the way through a playthrough I might do it now
solid release

TheRockySlayerZ

Post by TheRockySlayerZ » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:59 pm

My quest didnt initiate when i came to paradise falls