More Spawns

Mod releases and conversions for Current versions of TTW
Post Reply
lordtestes
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:00 am

Re: More Spawns

Post by lordtestes » Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:48 am

To anyone who doesn't understand how to set this up for modded TTW:
- Put FyTy Folder and the AAA FyTy - More Spawns.pas script into the XEdit "Edit Scripts" folder
- Edit the .pas file with notepad or notepad++ and go to the index part of the script (line 44 I believe) - put the priority as the index. For example - in MO2 my MoreSpawns is set as priority 27 - so I put that and it populates the Worldspace and Cells when I run the script - which I'll mention how to run the script
- Go to XEdit and delete the Cell and Worldspace categories for the MoreSpawns esp that you chose
- Select all the Masters in XEdit and then the MoreSpawns esp and right click, then click Apply Script. From the list, choose the AAA FyTy - More Spawns.pas and that should be it. It might take a min or so to run, but if everything works (and it should), save it and enjoy your TTW experience.

streetyson
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:55 pm

Re: More Spawns

Post by streetyson » Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:38 am

Just wanted to thank you for the More Spawns mod. I have it working very well so far in TTW 3.2.2 for the last 20 or 30 hrs of gameplay through several meetings with enemies. I'd read that there might be an issue around the Riverboat Landing, but I'd already noticed how TTW seems to kill off any mirelurks lurking there, and haven't seen any different in a couple of trips to there since installing this mod.

gkolo96
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:57 pm

Re: More Spawns

Post by gkolo96 » Sat May 01, 2021 2:04 pm

I installed 3x spawns but nothing is happening im on TTW 3.2.2. does this only work for vegas spawns?

User avatar
jlf65
Posts: 1503
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:10 pm

Re: More Spawns

Post by jlf65 » Mon May 03, 2021 12:55 pm

gkolo96 wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 2:04 pm
I installed 3x spawns but nothing is happening im on TTW 3.2.2. does this only work for vegas spawns?
Isn't this an xedit script that you run on the game through xedit to create the extra spawns? If you just install it and don't run xedit, it should do nothing, IIRC.

Lyndi
Posts: 550
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:32 pm

Re: More Spawns

Post by Lyndi » Mon May 03, 2021 1:18 pm

jlf65 wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 12:55 pm
gkolo96 wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 2:04 pm
I installed 3x spawns but nothing is happening im on TTW 3.2.2. does this only work for vegas spawns?
Isn't this an xedit script that you run on the game through xedit to create the extra spawns? If you just install it and don't run xedit, it should do nothing, IIRC.
it includes two pre-built esp files for people who don't know how to use xEdit.

If you install them to a game you're already running you'll have to wait indoors for several days game time for the spawns to reset.
Produces the programming equivalent of coffee stains.

User avatar
Laclongquan
Posts: 356
Joined: Mon May 03, 2021 4:19 am

Re: More Spawns

Post by Laclongquan » Sun May 09, 2021 7:19 am

Hemm~ I use 3x esp file straight away, not messing anything

- Super Dupert Mart is pretty heavy fire for a new character.
- The battle at the door of GNR building is damn dangerous if you dont use Fatman or missile but still want to get that Behemoth kill. 4-5 other SM on that court yard, yeah~
- Museum of Technology, at one time like there's 5-6 SM in that small wing (more elsewhere too, but that concentration especially~) The whole MoT area I use like 20 frags and exhausted 556 bullets.

This is pretty resource-heavy style. I have to get more money to buy more consumables.

User avatar
FiftyTifty
Posts: 486
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:36 pm

Re: More Spawns

Post by FiftyTifty » Mon May 10, 2021 2:36 pm

Laclongquan wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 7:19 am
Hemm~ I use 3x esp file straight away, not messing anything

- Super Dupert Mart is pretty heavy fire for a new character.
- The battle at the door of GNR building is damn dangerous if you dont use Fatman or missile but still want to get that Behemoth kill. 4-5 other SM on that court yard, yeah~
- Museum of Technology, at one time like there's 5-6 SM in that small wing (more elsewhere too, but that concentration especially~) The whole MoT area I use like 20 frags and exhausted 556 bullets.

This is pretty resource-heavy style. I have to get more money to buy more consumables.
The post apocalypse is deadly. Now it's not a cake walk.

User avatar
Laclongquan
Posts: 356
Joined: Mon May 03, 2021 4:19 am

Re: More Spawns

Post by Laclongquan » Mon May 24, 2021 5:26 pm

I dont feel the Zeta get more spawn. Or maybe it's nowhere near enough. I cant even achieve kill enough aliens~

When I tried to farm more kills during space battle, damn thing exploded on me.

Seriously, while the shielded alien getting close can be hair raising, it's nowhere near scary enough. I think I got dangerous maybe once or twice during the campaign, mostly from guardian bots shooting plasma balls at me. Which is not enough.

With their speed, if they are numerous and getting in close, it can be bloody deadly.
----------
Same deal with Anchorage. What kind of violence in video game if you can even achieve that measly target number? The only way to get that would be telling companions to stay back whenever you can, and do it solo to avoid kills get stolen.

Which is ridiculous.
------------
The proof of why I think not enough spawns because never once I HAVE to break out grenades or drone cannon to fire without care down a corridor/courtyard. The biggest fight would be in the Hangar and a sniper rifle (with all the chems help) without anything else.

Boyo, in the Museum of Technology I had to throw out grenades down the stair without bother to look. Just drop it as fast as I can. That's the quality of more hostiles.

User avatar
FiftyTifty
Posts: 486
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:36 pm

Re: More Spawns

Post by FiftyTifty » Mon May 24, 2021 9:51 pm

Laclongquan wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 5:26 pm
I dont feel the Zeta get more spawn. Or maybe it's nowhere near enough. I cant even achieve kill enough aliens~

When I tried to farm more kills during space battle, damn thing exploded on me.

Seriously, while the shielded alien getting close can be hair raising, it's nowhere near scary enough. I think I got dangerous maybe once or twice during the campaign, mostly from guardian bots shooting plasma balls at me. Which is not enough.

With their speed, if they are numerous and getting in close, it can be bloody deadly.
----------
Same deal with Anchorage. What kind of violence in video game if you can even achieve that measly target number? The only way to get that would be telling companions to stay back whenever you can, and do it solo to avoid kills get stolen.

Which is ridiculous.
------------
The proof of why I think not enough spawns because never once I HAVE to break out grenades or drone cannon to fire without care down a corridor/courtyard. The biggest fight would be in the Hangar and a sniper rifle (with all the chems help) without anything else.

Boyo, in the Museum of Technology I had to throw out grenades down the stair without bother to look. Just drop it as fast as I can. That's the quality of more hostiles.
I remember feeling iffy about adding the aliens, since you'd get an immense amount of Zetan gear. It's trivial to add mobs though, just chuck in the base record FormIDs into one of the .txt files.

User avatar
Laclongquan
Posts: 356
Joined: Mon May 03, 2021 4:19 am

Re: More Spawns

Post by Laclongquan » Tue May 25, 2021 1:22 am

EVEN in 322 the amount of stuffs is humongous anyway. It's not like you can carry them all back to EARTH (unless you play some very patience fetch and carry, which I have). So having some more wont hurt, because you can never sell them all. (trade with Casdin for ammo, and Hydra)

However, if you still feel that a big problem, here is my proposal

Alien workers cost 50 karma, which is some very expensive price tag (currently I got out of Zeta with 500 karma, down 500). Plus it's logical because currently the amount of worker vs soldier is way out of wack for a mothership. And their stuffs are cheap anyway.

OR if you can isolate the type of shielded alien with shock baton, triple that. they are tough and shock baton is too cheap compared to a mag of AP bullet expended.

Abominations are tough, and hit like a truck. If there's two of them at once I would feel worth my while to drop ten grenades down the corridor first, or patiently set up 10 mines. IF three? From very far away shooting drone cannon with abandon.

Post Reply