FiftyTifty's Robotician

Mod releases and conversions for Current versions of TTW
templeofninpo

Re: FiftyTifty's Robotician

Post by templeofninpo » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:50 pm

Would very much like to see a demonstration vid.
My New Vegas Garbage Guru mod- https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/58996

'Right to Sleep' Data Hub (The Process of How It Is That It Is Legal to Have a Tent, at Night, in a Park in the City of Victoria, BC, Canada)- http://goo.gl/maps/5P9ZU

UsagiPyon

Post by UsagiPyon » Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:51 pm

FiftyTifty wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:08 pm
Right, that's it updated. For some reason, the previous upload was of an older version and was completely fucked. Now there's a bunch of bug fixes, and Mothership Zeta is now supported. So you can have every type of robot in the game at your disposal.

Make sure to download the updated companion framework.
Thank you very much for this mod out :D

Edit* Just some minor nitpicks:
1 - The robot parts and kits were missing their respective pipboy icon so they show icon error in the pipboy.
(No big deal. I just make a personal patch by adding weapon kits & spare parts icon to them.)
2 - Loot Menu seems to conflict with this mod as it makes the scavenge parts menu disappear.
(Again no big deal. I just remove Loot Menu and the scavenge parts menu appears again.)

FiftyTifty

Post by FiftyTifty » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:37 pm

Just got back from the US, so sorry for the late reply.

There's not much to show with a video, it's not super complex. Crouch near a robot, activate it, and you can salvage some parts from it. Get some scrap metal and electronics, go to a workbench, and you have a recipe that allows you to build that robot assuming your repair and science levels are high enough. Once you make the robot, open your inventory and activate it. Upon closing the pipboy, a menu will appear allowing you to select which variant you want.

I'll add pipboy icons later. Dunno why I didn't add them, but it's easy to do so I'll get on it.

I talked to Roy about the Loot Menu conflict, and that's just how it is for now. Apparently there's a way to edit Loot Menu to include my activation menu, but I've not got the foggiest idea on how to do that.

UsagiPyon

Post by UsagiPyon » Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:48 am

No problem if the loot menu can't be solved. It is just a matter of weighing between having an army of robots versus a QOL mod and I'll take being a robot overlord any day :D

UsagiPyon

Post by UsagiPyon » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:08 am

Was it intentional that these robots can only accept one command per deployment ? (tested on robobrain, mister gutsy and sentry bot)
For example, I deploy a robot and ask it to follow me which it does, then if I ask it to wait/guard/wander an area the command will not function as it will just continue to follow me until I repackage it, deploy it again and choose the wait/guard/wander command.

There seems to be missing some sort of toggle for the following, waiting and guarding packages or was it not possible to do because of the add token method this mod employs?

After some more testing, their packages seems abit wonky as in sometimes it works and sometimes it does not but both mister gutsy and sentry bots seems to be consistent in that they do not function.

deploy -> follow -> guard - Retains the follow package.
deploy -> guard -> follow - Retains the guard package.

The only thing that is certain was that in order to "refresh" their AI packages to run a certain package you have to repackage them and deploy them.

FiftyTifty

Post by FiftyTifty » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:59 pm

UsagiPyon wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:08 am
Was it intentional that these robots can only accept one command per deployment ? (tested on robobrain, mister gutsy and sentry bot)
For example, I deploy a robot and ask it to follow me which it does, then if I ask it to wait/guard/wander an area the command will not function as it will just continue to follow me until I repackage it, deploy it again and choose the wait/guard/wander command.

There seems to be missing some sort of toggle for the following, waiting and guarding packages or was it not possible to do because of the add token method this mod employs?

After some more testing, their packages seems abit wonky as in sometimes it works and sometimes it does not but both mister gutsy and sentry bots seems to be consistent in that they do not function.

deploy -> follow -> guard - Retains the follow package.
deploy -> guard -> follow - Retains the guard package.

The only thing that is certain was that in order to "refresh" their AI packages to run a certain package you have to repackage them and deploy them.
That's a bug, and it should have been fixed by my adding the ResetAI command. Does issuing new commands work 100% of the time with the protectron? If so, I probably forgot to add a line to the gutsy and sentry bot scripts.

UsagiPyon

Post by UsagiPyon » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:10 am

FiftyTifty wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:59 pm
That's a bug, and it should have been fixed by my adding the ResetAI command. Does issuing new commands work 100% of the time with the protectron? If so, I probably forgot to add a line to the gutsy and sentry bot scripts.

Seems like it. I have read through your thread on how .evp was not functioning as it should have, which was why you had to add resetai to the script for it to work but it was not working on my end.As for the protectron i just tried him out and it was the same. He does one command at a time per deployment as well and subsequent command will not work. Not sure why this is happening though :oops: and nothing in my load order suggest it interferes with the AI.
SpoilerShow
[X] FalloutNV.esm
[X] DeadMoney.esm
[X] HonestHearts.esm
[X] OldWorldBlues.esm
[X] LonesomeRoad.esm
[X] GunRunnersArsenal.esm
[X] Fallout3.esm
[X] Anchorage.esm
[X] ThePitt.esm
[X] BrokenSteel.esm
[X] PointLookout.esm
[X] Zeta.esm
[X] CaravanPack.esm
[X] ClassicPack.esm
[X] MercenaryPack.esm
[X] TribalPack.esm
[X] TaleOfTwoWastelands.esm
[X] YUPTTW.esm
[X] Functional Post Game Ending.esp
[X] AWorldOfPain(Preview).esm
[X] AWorldOfPainFO3.esm
[X] Regulators.esm
[X] AnotherInteriorMod.esm
[X] A Trail of Crumbs.esm
[X] Sortomatic.esm
[X] TTWInteriors_Core.esm
[X] TTWInteriorsProject_Combo.esm
[X] CASM with MCM.esp
[X] TTWInt_FPGE_Patch.esp
[X] FyTy - Companion Framework.esp
[X] DLCSortomatic.esp
[X] DarNifiedUINV.esp
[X] Enhanced Item Info.esp
[X] JIP MiniMap.esp
[X] The Mod Configuration Menu.esp
[X] The Weapon Mod Menu.esp
[X] BLEED.esp
[X] SortomaticIngredientLoader.esp
[X] TTW - AWOPNV.esp
[X] TTW-AWOPNV-AWOPFO3.esp
[X] TTW Quick Start.esp
[X] FyTy - Robotician.esp
[X] MCCRosalia.esp
[X] FNV Vlad's Weapon Emporium.esp
[X] MMP.esp
+JIP LN NVSE 55.10
+TTW 3.2.2

Still I had fun painstakingly deploying the robots through settlements like Big town, Regulator HQ and watching them murder the intruders (or vice versa :D). I won't be further testing the other robots from the dlc as I am making another new run (leaving out robotician and ttw regulator) due to me messing up moira's quest as I did not go for the snide comments route for the 3% CC :cry: .

Ence

Post by Ence » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:54 am

I can't salvage sentry bots. Window does not appear when crouching. Tested on bots in REPCONN headquarters.
So it is not compatible with Loot Menu? Understand.

FiftyTifty

Post by FiftyTifty » Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:51 pm

Ence wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:54 am
I can't salvage sentry bots. Window does not appear when crouching. Tested on bots in REPCONN headquarters.
So it is not compatible with Loot Menu? Understand.
Loot Menu is incompatible with mods that add activation choices, for now. RoyBatty mentioned that he looked at ways to make those mods compatible with Loot Menu, so we'll see.

FiftyTifty

Post by FiftyTifty » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:41 am

UsagiPyon wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:10 am

Seems like it. I have read through your thread on how .evp was not functioning as it should have, which was why you had to add resetai to the script for it to work but it was not working on my end.As for the protectron i just tried him out and it was the same. He does one command at a time per deployment as well and subsequent command will not work. Not sure why this is happening though :oops: and nothing in my load order suggest it interferes with the AI.
SpoilerShow
[X] FalloutNV.esm
[X] DeadMoney.esm
[X] HonestHearts.esm
[X] OldWorldBlues.esm
[X] LonesomeRoad.esm
[X] GunRunnersArsenal.esm
[X] Fallout3.esm
[X] Anchorage.esm
[X] ThePitt.esm
[X] BrokenSteel.esm
[X] PointLookout.esm
[X] Zeta.esm
[X] CaravanPack.esm
[X] ClassicPack.esm
[X] MercenaryPack.esm
[X] TribalPack.esm
[X] TaleOfTwoWastelands.esm
[X] YUPTTW.esm
[X] Functional Post Game Ending.esp
[X] AWorldOfPain(Preview).esm
[X] AWorldOfPainFO3.esm
[X] Regulators.esm
[X] AnotherInteriorMod.esm
[X] A Trail of Crumbs.esm
[X] Sortomatic.esm
[X] TTWInteriors_Core.esm
[X] TTWInteriorsProject_Combo.esm
[X] CASM with MCM.esp
[X] TTWInt_FPGE_Patch.esp
[X] FyTy - Companion Framework.esp
[X] DLCSortomatic.esp
[X] DarNifiedUINV.esp
[X] Enhanced Item Info.esp
[X] JIP MiniMap.esp
[X] The Mod Configuration Menu.esp
[X] The Weapon Mod Menu.esp
[X] BLEED.esp
[X] SortomaticIngredientLoader.esp
[X] TTW - AWOPNV.esp
[X] TTW-AWOPNV-AWOPFO3.esp
[X] TTW Quick Start.esp
[X] FyTy - Robotician.esp
[X] MCCRosalia.esp
[X] FNV Vlad's Weapon Emporium.esp
[X] MMP.esp
+JIP LN NVSE 55.10
+TTW 3.2.2

Still I had fun painstakingly deploying the robots through settlements like Big town, Regulator HQ and watching them murder the intruders (or vice versa :D). I won't be further testing the other robots from the dlc as I am making another new run (leaving out robotician and ttw regulator) due to me messing up moira's quest as I did not go for the snide comments route for the 3% CC :cry: .
I wasn't able to find this issue. Just in case it was a bugged upload, I've uploaded the latest version. I tested a few robots, and found no issue with them.