TTW Temporary Optionals

Mod releases and conversions for Current versions of TTW
brfritos

Re: TTW Temporary Optionals

Post by brfritos » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:56 am

charman wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:04 am
@brfritos There's already a mod that removes dialogue tags for speech checks so it just looks like normal dialogue.

I liked the idea of combining speech percentages and skill checks. Using the Speech skill to try and take a chance to get information out of a person or get something more. Could you ask the mayor for 500 caps instead of 100? Sure. Is it likely to work? No....but just maybe.

But for things like Science where you'd need an actual base level of understanding, there'd be a solid "__/40" skill check.

And if you wanted to get REAL crazy with it, the Speech skill could grant small percentages to pass skill checks even if you won't pass the skill check.

For example, if you had 75 points in Speech, 25 points in Science, and you come across a skill check of 40 Science, maybe you're speech skill still grants you a 10% chance to pass the check even though your Science is only 25/40.

Yes, for FNV there's lexxx mod, which adds immensely to immersion. There's something similar for TTW?

Regarding pure skill checks like science, lockpick, strenght and so on I have no complains, the system is fairly... well, fair.
The problem is the CHR check is always to give the player a win, starting at 100% with only a single point in charisma.

Also even if you have 100 points in speech you can botch a speech challenge, although it will be rare.

That's why I'm not a fan of either FNV or FO3 speech challenges.

RoyBatty

Post by RoyBatty » Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:21 pm

at least the F3 one gives you a chance to get past stuff, without having to halt your progress and come back later... that's not fun for me at all. If I fail the check then oh well, at least I had a chance and I gambled, which is better for me so I don't feel like I need to wait till later to do something. I really hate that about NV, and it's OP too.

wunderbutt

Post by wunderbutt » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:20 pm

RoyBatty wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:21 pm
at least the F3 one gives you a chance to get past stuff, without having to halt your progress and come back later... that's not fun for me at all. If I fail the check then oh well, at least I had a chance and I gambled, which is better for me so I don't feel like I need to wait till later to do something. I really hate that about NV, and it's OP too.
It does make sense, but sometime in NV the dialogue is different if you're smart enough to know what you're talking about, but FO4 throws this out the window entirely.

charman

Post by charman » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:33 pm

Maybe Speech checks should be left as percentages and other skill checks should be left as actual checks of skill level.

RoyBatty

Post by RoyBatty » Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:24 am

Other skill checks and special checks are already checks of level, there is no difference there except it tells you the level required.

CrusaderTheFirst

Post by CrusaderTheFirst » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:43 pm

OK, I extensively tested the TTW Armor Expansion optional. It doesn't seem to work. Enclave forces aren't spawning with the advanced power/tesla armor/MK 1 armors (or X-01 if you like to call it that). I disabled pretty much all of my mods, tried multiple areas, etc. None of those guys have the armor equipped. I even tried looking to find out what the armors' ID's were and I couldn't even find those. I think the Armor Expansion ESP in the download is broken. The other ESP's work fine though at least.

RoyBatty

Post by RoyBatty » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:58 pm

It's not broken, it works fine.

CrusaderTheFirst

Post by CrusaderTheFirst » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:12 pm

Can I at least get the ID's? Like, post the armor and helmet ID's here.

RoyBatty

Post by RoyBatty » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:17 am

use the search function in the console

nexusmodsforme

Post by nexusmodsforme » Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:38 pm

The best speech check system I've ever seen was in Arcanum. Couldn't even make intelligent dialogue if your intelligence was too low. Race, class, ability, skill relationship all affected the outcome of a skill check. This would require a total reworking of the entire game dialogue system which isn't going to happen but I've always looked at that system and wished game creators would adopt something like it. I've also really enjoyed the timer mechanic that Mass effect introduced into their choice systems.
"If any civilization is to survive, it is the morality of altruism that men have to reject." ~ Ayn Rand