FiftyTifty's Robotician

Mod releases and conversions for Current versions of TTW
UsagiPyon
Posts: 49
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:09 pm

Re: FiftyTifty's Robotician

Post by UsagiPyon » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:59 am

FiftyTifty wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:41 am
I wasn't able to find this issue. Just in case it was a bugged upload, I've uploaded the latest version. I tested a few robots, and found no issue with them.
Thanks for the reply even though it is after about 2 months :lol: I have already then made a personal restructure of your mod without using the token system to solve the issue I have had on my previous LO. In any case, good to see that it was just on my end.

User avatar
FiftyTifty
Posts: 364
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:36 pm

Re: FiftyTifty's Robotician

Post by FiftyTifty » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:53 am

Yeh completely forgot about New Vegas, but was thinking about it and came back to this thread.

Curiously, how did you handle the packages for each individual robot having it's own routine?

UsagiPyon
Posts: 49
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:09 pm

Re: FiftyTifty's Robotician

Post by UsagiPyon » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:33 pm

FiftyTifty wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:53 am
Yeh completely forgot about New Vegas, but was thinking about it and came back to this thread.

Curiously, how did you handle the packages for each individual robot having it's own routine?
I can see where you are coming from. If I must say, It is an easy but inefficient and tedious method that is not up to par with any mod author's.
The packages I used though were simply using normal companion AI packages with generic set conditions and script triggers for their let's go, wait, guard and wander dialogue. I am using references from all the basic/advance companion creation guides and tutorials strewn about.

User avatar
FiftyTifty
Posts: 364
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:36 pm

Re: FiftyTifty's Robotician

Post by FiftyTifty » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:45 pm

UsagiPyon wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:33 pm

I can see where you are coming from. If I must say, It is an easy but inefficient and tedious method that is not up to par with any mod author's.
The packages I used though were simply using normal companion AI packages with generic set conditions and script triggers for their let's go, wait, guard and wander dialogue. I am using references from all the basic/advance companion creation guides and tutorials strewn about.
Oh, you used the vanilla companion system. My issue with that, is it's very rigid in what can be done. You can't tell the companion to sandbox in a given radius, to stand guard in a given radius, or to follow at a distance other than "near" and "far". That's too restricting for what I wanted to achieve, which was a more interactive system for deploying robots. Or, well, deploying a robot army with robot military bases that are created at your discretion :twisted:

UsagiPyon
Posts: 49
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:09 pm

Re: FiftyTifty's Robotician

Post by UsagiPyon » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:42 pm

FiftyTifty wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:45 pm
UsagiPyon wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:33 pm

I can see where you are coming from. If I must say, It is an easy but inefficient and tedious method that is not up to par with any mod author's.
The packages I used though were simply using normal companion AI packages with generic set conditions and script triggers for their let's go, wait, guard and wander dialogue. I am using references from all the basic/advance companion creation guides and tutorials strewn about.
Oh, you used the vanilla companion system. My issue with that, is it's very rigid in what can be done. You can't tell the companion to sandbox in a given radius, to stand guard in a given radius, or to follow at a distance other than "near" and "far". That's too restricting for what I wanted to achieve, which was a more interactive system for deploying robots. Or, well, deploying a robot army with robot military bases that are created at your discretion :twisted:
I'm pretty sure you can set the sandbox and guard radius in geck. When you set the package type to "Guard" You will have the options to set the reference and guard radius. When you set the package type to "Sandbox" You will have the options to set the wander location and sandbox radius. You can also set any follow distance in the follow package in geck too, just that you will have to do it through dialogue instead of the companion wheel since it was restricted to only near and far IIRC.

User avatar
FiftyTifty
Posts: 364
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:36 pm

Re: FiftyTifty's Robotician

Post by FiftyTifty » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:09 pm

UsagiPyon wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:42 pm
I'm pretty sure you can set the sandbox and guard radius in geck. When you set the package type to "Guard" You will have the options to set the reference and guard radius. When you set the package type to "Sandbox" You will have the options to set the wander location and sandbox radius. You can also set any follow distance in the follow package in geck too, just that you will have to do it through dialogue instead of the companion wheel since it was restricted to only near and far IIRC.
Ah, but I want the whole lot; guard packages, wait packages, sandbox packages, and varying follow distance packages at run time. So if I want one protectron to follow me closely and later have it sandbox in a radius of 256 units, and a second protectron to follow me at a very far distance to later have it sandbox in a radius of 8192 units, I don't see a way to do that with the vanilla follower system.

UsagiPyon
Posts: 49
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:09 pm

Re: FiftyTifty's Robotician

Post by UsagiPyon » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:59 pm

FiftyTifty wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:09 pm
UsagiPyon wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:42 pm
I'm pretty sure you can set the sandbox and guard radius in geck. When you set the package type to "Guard" You will have the options to set the reference and guard radius. When you set the package type to "Sandbox" You will have the options to set the wander location and sandbox radius. You can also set any follow distance in the follow package in geck too, just that you will have to do it through dialogue instead of the companion wheel since it was restricted to only near and far IIRC.
Ah, but I want the whole lot; guard packages, wait packages, sandbox packages, and varying follow distance packages at run time. So if I want one protectron to follow me closely and later have it sandbox in a radius of 256 units, and a second protectron to follow me at a very far distance to later have it sandbox in a radius of 8192 units, I don't see a way to do that with the vanilla follower system.
I'm not sure what you meant by runtime but It is doable in a sense. It will be script heavy and have multiple guard/sandbox/etc packages with different set radius and conditions to trigger those individual packages in the script window made through the quest dialogue.

If you want you can search for a mod called CWDOLLS by cwjohnny and its sub mod called cwbombergirl to have a glimpse on his mod structure.

Just to put this out, I am not a mod author that could build a mod from the ground up but someone who uses bits and pieces of information from other mods/guides/wikis through trial and error to form what I needed. I chose the follower system instead of the token system because it alleviate the problems I have had on my previous load order and I am more comfortable script wise with it.

User avatar
FiftyTifty
Posts: 364
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:36 pm

Re: FiftyTifty's Robotician

Post by FiftyTifty » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:52 pm

UsagiPyon wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:59 pm
I'm not sure what you meant by runtime but It is doable in a sense. It will be script heavy and have multiple guard/sandbox/etc packages with different set radius and conditions to trigger those individual packages in the script window made through the quest dialogue.

If you want you can search for a mod called CWDOLLS by cwjohnny and its sub mod called cwbombergirl to have a glimpse on his mod structure.

Just to put this out, I am not a mod author that could build a mod from the ground up but someone who uses bits and pieces of information from other mods/guides/wikis through trial and error to form what I needed. I chose the follower system instead of the token system because it alleviate the problems I have had on my previous load order and I am more comfortable script wise with it.
Aye I was just curious what you managed to do, and how far you looked into it. The reason that I went with the token system, was that there's barely any scripting involved; the only scripting that happens is when you issue a command through dialouge. There's no runtime stuff, no monitoring, no events, no loops, nada. The conditions for the packages are handled by the engine itself, by having the conditions for the packages being dependent on the number of items in the inventory.

Lean, and works fine. If you don't mind going through the dialogue interface for every robot.

UsagiPyon
Posts: 49
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:09 pm

Re: FiftyTifty's Robotician

Post by UsagiPyon » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:56 am

FiftyTifty wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:52 pm
UsagiPyon wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:59 pm
I'm not sure what you meant by runtime but It is doable in a sense. It will be script heavy and have multiple guard/sandbox/etc packages with different set radius and conditions to trigger those individual packages in the script window made through the quest dialogue.

If you want you can search for a mod called CWDOLLS by cwjohnny and its sub mod called cwbombergirl to have a glimpse on his mod structure.

Just to put this out, I am not a mod author that could build a mod from the ground up but someone who uses bits and pieces of information from other mods/guides/wikis through trial and error to form what I needed. I chose the follower system instead of the token system because it alleviate the problems I have had on my previous load order and I am more comfortable script wise with it.
Aye I was just curious what you managed to do, and how far you looked into it. The reason that I went with the token system, was that there's barely any scripting involved; the only scripting that happens is when you issue a command through dialouge. There's no runtime stuff, no monitoring, no events, no loops, nada. The conditions for the packages are handled by the engine itself, by having the conditions for the packages being dependent on the number of items in the inventory.

Lean, and works fine. If you don't mind going through the dialogue interface for every robot.
Understandable since it is human nature (unless you are a robot!) :D

Post Reply