Personal opinion/Question

General Discussion of Fallout 3 unrelated to Tale of Two Wastelands
Zhunter5000

Personal opinion/Question

Post by Zhunter5000 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:52 pm

IDK about anyone else, but in !MY OPINION! I believe Fallout 3 was way better than Fallout New Vegas. Reasons?

#1: Nostalgic music/map

#2: Creative story/dialogue

#3: Also nostalgic movement physics.

My question is if anyone else feels the same way. These are just a few reasons, but their my most obvious. I still hope some day it's possible to merge the FO3 moving physics in, but I have to wait.

Royhr

Re: Personal opinion/Question

Post by Royhr » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:54 pm

I always liked FO3 more than FONV myself. I just like the DC area as well as the extensive subway maps. I love going underground and killing all the mutants I can find. I know a lot of people preferred FONV from a technical game play point of view especially the game engine and as far as that goes they are probably right. Though with TTW that is for the most part not as big an issue any more except for points 2 and 3 that you made. But all in all I just personally like FO3. Sometimes I find the FONV map a bit vast and empty myself and I've never really cared for the new Los Vegas city map itself. Though the area immediately around Los Vegas is ok for the most part. Also when I was playing FONV standalone I never ever completed the game and there were a couple of the DLCs that even though I did buy them I never played or completed them unlike FO3 where I played and completed everything.

Zhunter5000

Re: Personal opinion/Question

Post by Zhunter5000 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:38 pm

Royhr wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:54 pm
I always liked FO3 more than FONV myself. I just like the DC area as well as the extensive subway maps. I love going underground and killing all the mutants I can find. I know a lot of people preferred FONV from a technical game play point of view especially the game engine and as far as that goes they are probably right. Though with TTW that is for the most part not as big an issue any more except for points 2 and 3 that you made. But all in all I just personally like FO3. Sometimes I find the FONV map a bit vast and empty myself and I've never really cared for the new Los Vegas city map itself. Though the area immediately around Los Vegas is ok for the most part. Also when I was playing FONV standalone I never ever completed the game and there were a couple of the DLCs that even though I did buy them I never played or completed them unlike FO3 where I played and completed everything.
Exactly my thoughts. I have all DLC for NV, but I'm yet to try OWB, or LR. Also while I like the addition of stuff like reloading stations, and workbenches, other then that I feel like NV didn't feel right. For some reason the voice actors for the NPC's didn't fit for Fallout in my opinion. I still would rather use TTW though, as I'd rather play just FO3 in NV, than raw FO3.