TTW for Dummies

Kick back and discuss whatever takes your fancy.
War Monger

TTW for Dummies

Post by War Monger » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:28 pm

Hi Guys

Recently joined your site. Just wanted to say Hello. I used to play FOT a lot but stopped due to PC problems. I now have a new PC: Windows 10 Home, Intel (R) core (TM) i5-4570 CPU @ 3.2 GHz, 64-bit OS x 64 bit based pro, 930GB.

I have discovered the problem of trying to play FOT with Win 10. I am a total novice to programing/modding and some of the solutions that I found online, TBH looked beyond my capabilities. One of the solutions mentioned was TTW. I hope this will solve my problem.

I'm not a Modder but am very impressed with some of the things you've done, and would like to try a few in the future. I'm just steeling myself to start the Alpha Download and would just like a bit of reassurance. I have purchased  FOT GOTY and Fallout Vegas Ultimate Edition from steam. Any advice appreciated.  I just didn't want to start Downloading and find I should have done something obvious before I started!

Cheers WM.

catcameback

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com

Post by catcameback » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:22 pm

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/1334 : Get Mod organizer 1.3.11. 

Install all other mods with the exception of NVSE Script Extender through it.

http://nvse.silverlock.org/ : Script Extender you install into the folder with Fallout NV.

https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/62552/? : Patch FNV.exe with this, so it drecognizes and uses more ram. 

Last thing that comes to mind, when you're done setting up Mod Organizer, access the ini editor. Do a ctrl + f and find SMainMenuMovieIntro. Add a 0 after the equal sign. That lets you skip a lot of the loading screens. 

War Monger

Thanks for the advice. I'll

Post by War Monger » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:25 pm

Thanks for the advice. I'll give that a go. 

GrantSP

Avoid any UAC folders on your

Post by GrantSP » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:54 pm

Avoid any UAC folders on your system when installing the games and especially MO. MO is best to be installed in a folder all it's own, not as a sub-folder under the game or in Steam.

After you run the TTW installer you don't need to create the fomods, just drag the folders into MO's "mods" folder.

War Monger

Sorry to sound dim. This is

Post by War Monger » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:32 pm

Sorry to sound dim. This is all new to me. So far I've managed to download the FMM 54991 0.14.14.1 but following the prompts and selecting FNV all I appear to have done is load the game.

I realise the Alpha Download instructions assume a certain level of competence but I've obviously missed something. Is there an "Idiots Guide" somewhere on the site? Not sure what UAC folders are or MO. I'm not going to have anything non standard at present as I'm not a modder.

War Monger

Using my Best Homer Simpson

Post by War Monger » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:46 pm

Using my Best Homer Simpson impression...... Doh! I scrolled down and spotted the Downloads Section! Now downloaded the Hot fixes and the Mirror 1 download.

Then read the bit about waiting until you've installed TTW before downloading the Hot Fix... Doh!

War Monger

At last I've managed to

Post by War Monger » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:04 pm

At last I've managed to install the TTW download. I must admit a steep learning curve. Downloaded the Hot fixes now at item 6 on the Alpha Download list. Not sure what to do, I've found the TTW.fomod how do I move it to the FOM FNV mods folder? Simple advice please.

Risewild

The FOMM mods folder is

Post by Risewild » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:45 am

The FOMM mods folder is usually in " *:\Games\FalloutNV\mods" the * is the directory where you installed FOMM on (usually C: or D:).

Signature:

War Monger

Thanks for the replies. I'll

Post by War Monger » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:01 pm

Thanks for the replies. I'll have another go at it. Cheers.

War Monger

I'm now at the stage were I'm

Post by War Monger » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:01 pm

I'm now at the stage were I'm stuck. FOMM is OFF but I can't/don't know how to move the Fomods to my FOMM FNV mods folder. Does this folder exist within the FOMM or do I have to open a new one? I think I could probably make some further  progress but when I hit the package manager button there's nothing in the box.

As I'm near the end I don't want to mess up at this stage.