New Development: ModHelper and Utilities

Kick back and discuss whatever takes your fancy.
Mystical Panda

The first class function

Post by Mystical Panda » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:06 pm

The first function library is just about ready for testing- I'll add more 'general' and 'shared' functions as I come across them. Schedule wise, I'll be testing and refining it this week, then if everything is working properly, I'll update the current utilities in the 'test group' with it, next week.

I'll most definitely want to look into threading (seems simple enough), where parallel processing could be useful, but that really won't come up until I rework ModHelper with a new design I'm tossing around.Hopefully I can have something worked out before the end of February, but, given all the coding going on, is really pushing the envelope.

I'll still be working on finishing up the left over utilities, moving then into the 'test group'; finally starting working on some documentation in my spare time.

Mystical Panda

[Update] The new interface is

Post by Mystical Panda » Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:07 pm

[Update] The new interface is well underway, and while I'm 'there' I'm also adding in other features that might be useful such as 'server' status and a few other goodies.

The 'main' functions dll library is coming along nicely (but time consuming), and if all goes well, I'll start on the 'base' dll libraries for BSA and ESx functions, which will fore-go the need for a separate 'back-end' to service these functions, very shortly. 

Mystical Panda

[ModHelper Update] Just about

Post by Mystical Panda » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:47 pm

[ModHelper Update] Just about ready to lay the groundwork for a pretty complex P2P mod development system/ environment which will tie into everything so far; I'll get back with everyone as soon as I have it 'sketched' out more.

Mystical Panda

[ModHelper Update] The

Post by Mystical Panda » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:41 am

[ModHelper Update] The interface so far. I've added the ability to 'mod' any game you can configure it for; configurations for different games can be shared then drag-n-dropped or P2P shared (coming soon once I get that system full sketched out), with lots of other goodies planned. The rest is just porting over from the previous version the modding code, cleaning it up as I go. 

jlf65

Slick! Flexible enough for

Post by jlf65 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:30 pm

Slick! Flexible enough for other games, and powerful enough to help devs with Bethesda games. cool 

Mystical Panda

Thanks. I'm working out the

Post by Mystical Panda » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:18 am

Thanks. I'm working out the re-usable forms and controls atm; trying to keep the idea of data 'transparency' from the ground up this iteration. I'll have listviews and file detail, along with a custom 'progress' form to work on before the weekend, then i'll need to switch back over to hardware mode and get some file shares up and running.

I'll take this part slow, since everything else is built upon this framework; though I'm porting in the existing code base as I go. Too much too soon makes tracking down problems more difficult.

Had a weird one today that took about 40mins to isolate- custom .drawitem events seem to work, but only on the first few items; everything in the list past item 8 or so wouldn't refresh properly. It worked, but only partly. Moving the scroll bar refreshed everything as did calling a 'refresh' directly. Just when selecting an item with the mouse were there problems.

Interestingly enough, it was caused by calling application.doevents too soon in the 'initialization' process (low level stuff below my code layer when a form first initializes, but before it's 'shown'. Now the code is breaking into segments (some in the primary code, others in dll based code), it's very possible for things to get grossly out-of-whack!

There was no error, no warning, just malfunctioning event firing or handling. It was a strange one to say the least.

Mystical Panda

Finally! Hardware 'week' is

Post by Mystical Panda » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:47 pm

Finally! Hardware 'week' is over- now back to the software at hand!!!laugh

Mystical Panda

There's a few more new

Post by Mystical Panda » Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:34 am

There's a few more new 'catalog' utilities I've added to the testing list, and some new 'conflict' (and other) functions in ModHelper; I'll link them and the newest videos as soon the forums are back up and running.

Mystical Panda

[Update] I'm just starting to

Post by Mystical Panda » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:59 pm

[Update]

I'm just starting to work on individual documentation for each of the stand-alone applications, so hopefully I'll be able to get things 'bundled' up here shortly.

Until then, I'm including a document with links to the 'build' applications for 'catalogs' which includes general instructions; this is a developing 'standard' that I'll be using as development progresses, so I'm sure to be adding more as I go along.

[Documentation]
I've added documentation for the following in v1.2 of 'utilities':

ShowMeshTextures, FindMissingMeshTextures and SearchMeshForTexture.

-----

Remember, good luck modding and have fun!

Edit: 6/20/2018 - updated the documentation for 'catalogs', and added 'utilities'. The links are below.

Mystical Panda

[Update] Here's a quick video

Post by Mystical Panda » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:09 pm

[Update]

Here's a quick video for some of the new features that's been added:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGNrqLP2Pnk&feature=youtu.be

There's still a-lot to be done (and some things the video doesn't include), and I'll need to work plugins into the mix for a more complete system; hopefully I'll have a working construct for that by the close of this weekend.