New Development: ModHelper and Utilities

Kick back and discuss whatever takes your fancy.
Mystical Panda

Modding Update: Turns out it

Post by Mystical Panda » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:46 pm

Modding Update: Turns out it wasn't a borked 'mod' installation causing the excessive 'dark'; seems to be related to Reshade being called from ENBSeries with certain settings enabled. If Reshade is started from ENBSeries will all settings disabled, then switched on in game, no such problem. I wonder if it's due to the fact I had to use InitProxyFunctions=false just to get the two to play nicely together. I not entirely convinced it's that though... even though it can be replicated time and again.

3K for gaming isn't bad, but without any form of anti-aliasing all the grass looks kinda 'crawly'.

jlf65

65" 4K TVs are below $700 now

Post by jlf65 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:30 pm

65" 4K TVs are below $700 now. Hard to believe that just 10 years ago, a 55" 1366x768 TV cost $2000. Video card makers are hard pressed to stay even with the display resolutions.

By the way, as I recall, 4K is approximately the same level of detail as 35mm film. We've got a ways to go before reaching 70mm film resolutions.

Mystical Panda

jlf65 wrote:

Post by Mystical Panda » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:03 am

[quote=jlf65]

65" 4K TVs are below $700 now. Hard to believe that just 10 years ago, a 55" 1366x768 TV cost $2000. Video card makers are hard pressed to stay even with the display resolutions.

By the way, as I recall, 4K is approximately the same level of detail as 35mm film. We've got a ways to go before reaching 70mm film resolutions.

[/quote]

Oh man, I remember back when we got a 55" 1080p dlp because the price of LCDs back then was astronomical for the same size. 70mm is a great format which I like, believe it or not, better than digital. Digital is too clean for me. So much so, it has an artificial 'harshness' that's hard to explain. Speaking of film, I still have 8mm movies I made back in HS! Though the camera and projector (which I still have) have broken mechinisms or the grease has turned to cement, so they're not usable.

Puppettron
Gary

get a room

Post by Puppettron » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:26 am

get a room

perms:  either a full fireworks display spelling out "Puppettron Made This" anytime a user accesses my content in-game, or just give me credit somewhere.

Mystical Panda

Puppettron wrote:

Post by Mystical Panda » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:59 am

[quote=Puppettron]

get a room

[/quote]

Lol! With a 72" plasma!!!!

Mystical Panda

Here's a second shot at a

Post by Mystical Panda » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:06 am

Here's a second shot at a 'protection' system; see if this makes a bit more sense. Show all the files for a given mod folder and let the user select which ones they want to 'protect'. Also allow special 'filter' designations to be entered, delimited by ",", in a text box field. Both of these are combined into a 'protection' list for a given mod.

In this example, I don't want to overwrite (just a test, since sometimes you do if there's a proxy declared) the enblocal.ini past the mod marked with the 'shield'. So any mod that is installed after a shielded mod is checked (cumulative) to make sure any files set as protected aren't overwritten.

Mystical Panda

It's also reusable; this way

Post by Mystical Panda » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:42 am

It's also reusable; this way the same types of information won't have to be re-entered time and again. A new/ completely different item (in this case, a 'group' name) can be entered in the text box, or a previously existing 'group' name can simply be selected by clicking on it.

I think that system should work a bit better, overall, than strictly a "text entry" system.

jlf65

Yeah, that does look better.

Post by jlf65 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:47 pm

Yeah, that does look better. Certainly easier on the user.

Mystical Panda

I added the same 'selection'

Post by Mystical Panda » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:58 pm

I added the same 'selection' system to easily reapply any configuration file changes I've previously made; reapply after resetting configuration files or overwriting them, for example. These changes are stored by date, and can be consolidated into their respective files for easy selection. The changes are grouped up, initially, by date/time, then consolidated into all changes for a given file.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mystical Panda

I was trying to track down

Post by Mystical Panda » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:47 pm

I was trying to track down what might be causing the 'lag' I'm experiencing in places around the map; cpu, gpu bound? So I added a standalone CLI application that samples things like total memory usage for a process, total processor used, etc.,. You can specify the app to sample, the sampling frequency (it defaults to every 5 seconds), the log file to write the sampling data to, and a memory 'ceiling' to sound a warning if current memory usage for the specified app goes higher than the max value. If a specific log file name is used, ModHelper will read and graph the data. This example was based on about 18 minutes of game play sampling at 5sec intervals. Memory usage graphed against a 4g ceiling (for 32bit apps).

[img]https://taleoftwowastelands.com/sites/default/files/Mystical%20Panda/untitled_4.png[/img]

The spike towards the end where I stepped into a 'warzone'. It's kinda 'basic' right now, but can be expanded later for whatever we need.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.