So it's a filter list on the protection? That should work well enough. Does it remember this protection, or do you have to set it each time you go to install a new mod that might conflict?
It's really both. You can specify file names and/ or file extensions to 'filter'; if it was Skyrim I could enter "dragonscript.pex" as an example and it would prevent that particular file from being installed. You could also specify individual files and extensions like "myanim.kf, dragonscript.pex, .junk", each separated by a comma, all in the same line. In the example I 'protected' .kf files from being installed after "Hitman's 1st person animations..." so .kf files that come after the mod I set the protection on, would be skipped.
Consider it a 'cumulative' filter if you will. A permanent list is built by entering in files/ extensions to 'protect' or 'filter'. This is is keyed to load order, so each load order can have it own 'protection' filter (and is saved in an external xml file). When I entered .kf that will be tied to that mod and remembered for that load order, until I select "Unprotect Files...". If I move the mod around in the installation order, the 'protection' is tied to it, so anything past it's current position is 'protected'.
Okay, that sounds fine.
Thanks! I couldn't think of anything, right off, that might work better. Given the file count in some mods, speed would be one of the most important factors; though protecting or filtering an entire folder would save in file names, but would really increase processing time per file (at least given my current thought process). Let me ponder on this a bit now the basic code is in place and see if I can make it a bit more "robust".
Here's a quick example of using one of the backends (ESXUtility) as a standalone app; I path to the utilities folder where the program resides. In this example I want to see all the master records defined in the "CaravanPack.esm". I use the optional -debug option to show me give me more information. The -r parameter tells the app what your wanting to 'report' on, in our case "TES4.MAST" (record identifier), and "master" the field identifier within the record (as defined in the apps associated ini files); you can also report on multiple fields if it exists in the record and is defined in the ini. The app doesn't do subs of subs yet, only top level records; I added the bare bones of what I needed to get me the fields for ModHelper.
I finally had some extra time to fiddle around with reshade and got it working with enbboost; just added Curves, HDR, Clarity. I dropped the screen res down to 3K from 4K to keep between 50-60fps (I'll up it back in a bit and see what the results are, something to compare to). I uploaded 2 screenshots to show the difference, one with reshade effects, the other without. HDR removes the 'washed' out look of the game, at least from what I can tell, by darkening areas that would receive less light and lightening those receiving more. It'll take more fiddling to take away some of the 'harshness' such a contrast provides.
Load the two up and flip between them - you can really see how it boosts the contrast. It looks nice, but it's a little too strong to make for better game play. That's why the default looks so "washed out" it's easier to see things... like bad guys waiting to kill you, or deathclaws waiting to kill you, or casadores waiting to kill you...
I'm saving the video of using the cli for when I test the utility later.
It is 'super' strong compared to the original (which was just Nevada Skies). I'm playing around with Reshade settings trying to find a good balance between saturation and contrast without being too over the top (dropped HDR down from 1.3000 to 0.9000), though I really do like the darker look- makes wondering about at night more dangerous. So far, after a few days of testing I haven't seen anymore NVAC hits (since I excluded Monster Mod- man I really liked most the new creatures it offered), whereas when I was getting a bunch of hits, a crash was def down the pipe. Whereas now crash free.
Hmm - if only someone would make an update to it...
Maybe as time goes along, I can cobble something together to try and 'figure' out what the problem might be programatically; it's part of the overall project in the long term. Once I can isolate the problems, just translate that process into code.
ModHelper Update: I think I've found a 'next level' to the protection filter that will allow individual files and higher level 'filters' while still retaining a good throughput installation wise. I should have code together tomorrow to test out; after coffee. I've also been thinking about a few things that might be missing tab wise, with one being a 'resource' summary that could be graphed compared to changes that were made over time. Another thing I need to add tomorrow is an un-installation log. The rewrite is in progress, taking time to make sure each part is working properly before moving to the next set of related functions.
Modding Update: Tried changing some on the games ini settings with what 'others' said would produce better results- result was game tanked and graphic reflections were glitching. Also borked the installation somehow, dumping in tons of stuff, losing about 20+ fps at time somewhere; a quick un-install then reinstall fixed that, bringing gameplay at 3K pretty much up around 55-63fps (outstanding loading resources off a regular 7200rpm drive). So It had to be a file somewhere, just not sure where. This is def something I want to tinker around with as I code along.