New Development: ModHelper and Utilities

Kick back and discuss whatever takes your fancy.
Mystical Panda

[Update]

Post by Mystical Panda » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:04 am

[Update]

Added "CreateMetaInfoFile" and "BuildModFolder" to the list of downloadable utilities. Added new documentation (still lots more to do); linked utilities are v0.0.0.30 or better.

Mystical Panda

[Update]

Post by Mystical Panda » Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:10 am

[Update]

Added the -k switch to the following:

1) BuildRequiresCatalog
2) BuildZippedCatalog

which allows a 'cut off' date to be specified (anything less than the specified date is ignored). This is useful to 'add items to' an existing catalog, without having to rebuild them back each time (which in the case of BuildRequiresCatalog, depending on the amount of files it has to process, can take quite some time).

FindMissingPluginAssets v0.0.0.31 - updated fixing a 'bug' that caused some assets to ignore the 'suggestasset' switch causing them to be incorrectly reported as 'missing'.

[Files Included Below]

Updated the .pdf files to include links to the newest versions, and to introduce a quick and simple change log.

Mystical Panda

[ModHelper]

Post by Mystical Panda » Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:15 am

[ModHelper]

I've added some quick reporting functions that might be useful including mapping warning and error files to their associated plugins, along with 'remapping' load orders to their 'available' counterparts- useful when copy/ pasting load orders from the forums.

I'll upload some sample videos here in a bit.

Mystical Panda

[Update]

Post by Mystical Panda » Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:56 am

[Update]

Here's a quick video showing some of the newest features I'm currently squeezing in; the first part of the video I 'remapped' the NVSE log errors to their respective plugins which kinda makes it a bit easier to 'digest' especially when it's fairly large. The second part is remapping a load order pasted in from the clipboard. I already had plugins installed for the modout I'm testing so those will appear either with an orange background as 'orphaned' since they're not in the pasted load order but symlinked in the game's data folder, or as 'active' or 'in-active' since I have those mods already 'availble'. Those mods that are 'available' and present in the pasted load order are mapped to their respective plugins. The rest I can check to see, fairly easily, which mod archives has the plugin I'm looking for and just 'make available', or see if there's going to be a potential conflict and install them with a single click.

It's kinda 'basic' right now, but I'll eventually work in cross game indexing (esp for TTW since it needs references from two separate games).

Here's the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsYM0f9mOmw&feature=youtu.be

Mystical Panda

[Update]

Post by Mystical Panda » Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:23 pm

[Update]

Added a bug fix to the 'master list' library which prevented multiple catalogs from being merged at runtime; effects BuildArchiveCatalog, BuildBSACatalog, BuildRequiresCatalog, BuildZippedCatalog, SearchArchiveCatalog, FindMissingMeshTextures and FindMissingPluginAssets (all updated to v0.0.0.32).

Added a possible asset suggestion to FindMissingPluginAssets and reduced some 'false' positives being reported. With a possible suggested asset it's easier to see where the asset might've simple been mis-named. A sample report is included below.

----------

The updated catalogs are below with the newest linked versions.

Mystical Panda

[Quick Note]

Post by Mystical Panda » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:06 pm

[Quick Note]

The new features of FindMissingPluginAssets need access to a "reverse" catalog (key=filename; item=filepath, which is "reverse" from the normal key=filepath; item=filename) at least for the vanilla assets- others can be built on the fly at run time.

A pre-built version can be downloaded here:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ZnTZDp_WxpXtXg_2WFyAgIRzxBMC8tUI

The basic parameters would be:

FindMissingPluginAssets -g="falloutnv" -c="falloutnv_full-catalog.txt" -c="falloutnv_reverse-catalog.txt" -f="mymodfolder" -suggestasset

----------

I don't have the TTW catalogs rebuilt, so for now just add two additional "-c" parameters and pass to the program the names of the equivalent "fallout3" catalogs names.

Mystical Panda

[Update]

Post by Mystical Panda » Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:45 am

[Update]

Added a few quick programs (with a few more to follow here shortly) to the utilities list, which should help with 'file' management on local folder shares: CreateFolderList, ArchiveLooseFiles. Things can get outta hand fairly quickly, but it's worth it since it also helps when troubleshooting load orders posted by others by- quickly see, and build 'other' load orders with just a few clicks. I still have the lots to do and lot's to add.

I've also added a 'blacklisting' system to ModHelper to help with stopping unwanted plugins and files from being installed in a modded game; like all other data, the 'blacklist' information can be shared between users. Hopefully that'll be less to keep track of when modding.

Finishing up this week, I'll be working more on the 'real time' conflicts system just to see what I can turn up as 'usable'.

Better get at it...

Mystical Panda

[Update] Needed to 'hotfix'

Post by Mystical Panda » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:48 pm

[Update] Needed to 'hotfix' and update a few utilities using the 'GetZippedFileList' function since it parses the output from 7z; prevents a folder from being extracted as a 'plugin'- ie.,. "fallout3.esm". This change retro-ed to:

1) CreateMetaInfoFile
2) BuildRequiresCatalog
3) BuildZippedCatalog

The updated links are in the documentation file's uploaded below. I've also included two 'test' programs linked in the 'utilities' documentation to archive non-archive files such as loose plugins, executables, etc.,. and other file to create a 'master list' from 'meta' files.

1) ArchiveLooseFiles
2) CreateFolderList

Hopefully, as the number of mod files increase, this will provide a quicker way to get information on various mod archives. Also modified CreateArchiveCatalog to allow loading multiple 'catalogs'.