Therm's Wasteland 2 Review

General discussion about Wasteland 2 and Directors Cut
thermador

Finished up the game today. 

Post by thermador » Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:51 am

Finished up the game today.  Installed Patch 1 while still in Arizona, Patch 2 while just starting LA. 

Put in 50 hours total, played to ~98% completion.  Couple of minor side quests I couldn't figure out how to finish.

Even with Patch 2, LA is still a little buggy, but nothing game breaking by any means.  Mostly some dialogue inconsistency stuff (why are you still talking about that now that the quest is done) and some typos on items and dialogue. 

Overall, I still stand by my review above.  Very good game, worth playing. 

chucksteel

I installed patch 2 while

Post by chucksteel » Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:30 am

I installed patch 2 while still in AZ and it felt like the patch broke quests and features that I had tested in Beta. I started a new game the other night and it seems to be working better. 

I still haven't gotten to California but I am also enjoying the game. 

In this play I've deviated from my normal script and am having a lot of fun. I had found during the beta I tended to play the game the same every time. 

thermador

Yeah it is amazing how

Post by thermador » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:14 pm

Yeah it is amazing how important weaponsmithing becomes for surviving the later parts of the game...  I wish there was a little more to it too - only one mod slot for the shotgun?  Meh.

Risewild

And no mods for heavy weapons

Post by Risewild » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:09 pm

And no mods for heavy weapons? frown I haven't played much of it yet, since I stop playing until I would install the latest patch (it is big) but are heavy weapons so good that they need no mods, or are they just useless?

Signature:

Anacostia Crossing

Played and finished a couple

Post by Anacostia Crossing » Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:41 am

Played and finished a couple of times before the latest big patch (I think it was october). The turn based was nice and funny, the difficulty level was balanced and enjoyable (...especially coming from the first Wasteland...). Overall, I found it a funny game, not to become crazy since it's pretty limited on its own, both on the story itself and in the customization of the characters. What "seems" very deep and wide at start, it shows big limits after a while, character's creation loses the initial charme and so the skills and the way they are used.

I've read many comments of people which didn't like the end, but I can't say anything about it, I liked it, even the mystery they left behind Angie.

However, I hope the latest patch "cured" it a bit, because for me it was a bloodbath, I found far too many bugs. Cali was the worse, I left many unfinished quests out there, but I must say even Arizona had its own. Luckily some steps can be jumped and I could continue with the main story, they never stuck me at the point to restart the game and I simply left them all unfinished. And luckily all these bugs were documented, so at least I was aware that something was broken without banging my head against the monitor looking for a solution that didn't exist. And luckily sometimes there were even few workarounds online, like how to edit the xml to recruit the Indian girl...

Risewild

I recruited without problems

Post by Risewild » Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:23 am

I recruited without problems the Highpool Indian girl, if that is the one you are talking about then it seems fixed (I am still doing quests around the Ranger's Citadel).

Signature: