Wasteland 2 Director's Cut is out now

General discussion about Wasteland 2 and Directors Cut
Risewild

"Perks and Quirks"

Post by Risewild » Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:02 am

"Perks and Quirks" laugh "Precision Strikes" laugh sounds more and more like older Fallout games, I bet it is even better than it was before. I was expecting just a port for the new unity maybe a few more voices and that was it, but they seemed to have listened to the people that complained about character system and combat being too simple. Now I am even more eager to get the game on a sale, although I doubt it will be soon because this version just came out.

dekjo

Well, played about two hours

Post by dekjo » Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:28 pm

Well, played about two hours without any issues so far, but went with the default party and didn't like how the character builds were going, so going to start over. Going to poke around reddit and GAF to see party build suggestions, but figured I'd also ask here, if any one has some tips/best practices they'd suggest.

I think I'm leaning to having one character all charisma/leadership/barter/dialog perks, with no combat contribution whatsoever. A blunt/weaponsmith/mechanic who will build into heavy weapons or shotguns (or something). An assault rifle/medic/hacker, and then a sniper/lockpick/safecracker. Not sure where I'll toss things like outdoors, toaster repair, demolitions, brute force, but I'll try wedging them in somewhere or hopefully find recruits who can fill those voids.

lustephelon

Re: Wasteland 2 Director's Cut is out now

Post by lustephelon » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:37 pm

WL2 DC was a solid improvement and WL2 overall was a fun game that was a proper desendent of the original.
Et. Al
Gamer, part time tech, part time mentor, full time screw up