Any mod that nerfs XP that works?

General modding guides and authoring tutorials.
streetyson

Re: Any mod that nerfs XP that works?

Post by streetyson » Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:20 am

Gee, thanks for that bombshell. Look, I always appreciate that you can't always believe what people claim about mods, or anything else for that matter - I learnt all that the very hard way, 40 or 50 years ago. BUT please let me explain:
a) It's (in theory) a simple mod, it's working, and I was just further explaining why I was prepared to deploy it.
b) I'm now 312 hours into my campaign, level 24, and haven't noticed any problem. The game's been great!
c) I'm assuming RoyBatty is referring to a problem he's aware of that may hit me in the future - but I don't know, because he (nor you for that matter) has actually stated how or why it doesn't work or what exactly it breaks...

So I all I know is it's worked well enough for me for a prolonged time - which is why I suggested it. But if at some point something breaks I'll at least be aware of another potential suspect but without knowing why. Which frankly is almost zero percent helpful.

RoyBatty
Gary

Post by RoyBatty » Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:38 pm

Because it edits scripts and dialogues, and this mod is very very old, so it's going to revert changes made by TTW and YUP.

Lyndi

Post by Lyndi » Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:50 pm

streetyson wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:20 am
Gee, thanks for that bombshell. Look, I always appreciate that you can't always believe what people claim about mods, or anything else for that matter - I learnt all that the very hard way, 40 or 50 years ago. BUT please let me explain:
a) It's (in theory) a simple mod, it's working, and I was just further explaining why I was prepared to deploy it.
b) I'm now 312 hours into my campaign, level 24, and haven't noticed any problem. The game's been great!
c) I'm assuming RoyBatty is referring to a problem he's aware of that may hit me in the future - but I don't know, because he (nor you for that matter) has actually stated how or why it doesn't work or what exactly it breaks...

So I all I know is it's worked well enough for me for a prolonged time - which is why I suggested it. But if at some point something breaks I'll at least be aware of another potential suspect but without knowing why. Which frankly is almost zero percent helpful.
Let me give you another "bombshell" since I'm free. You're about the 12 millionth person that's come on the forums and said something works because "people on the Nexus said it was ok." I think there has been at least one post from someone arguing over every single mod listed in the incompatible mods list at one time or another and they give the same reason, "someone on the Nexus said it was ok." So please, understand where I'm coming from here. People quoting Nexus comments is common and usually incorrect.
Produces the programming equivalent of coffee stains.