Any mod that nerfs XP that works?

General modding guides and authoring tutorials.
Noxus

Any mod that nerfs XP that works?

Post by Noxus » Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:14 pm

I really want to try TTW, but was a bit disheartened when i saw that PN with the rebalance mod isn't useable with this version of TTW. I saw that there was a 50% reduction of XP available (or some tweak of some sort) but that is still far too much XP gained to outlevel everything even in the base games. Is there some other way to mod this or should i hold out hope for such a thing might be available in the future? Someone on Reddit recommended me to get the earlier 2.9 version that would possibly work with the PN rebalance (not sure if that was even true) but that is obviously not available any more so that won't work. Any suggestion would be greatly apreciated.

RoyBatty
Gary

Re: Any mod that nerfs XP that works?

Post by RoyBatty » Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:10 pm

You can combine it with sawyerbatty to reduce XP to 1/4.

Don't use 2.9, it is old and very broken. It is not worth it for a couple of mods that don't work with 3.2.x

pharaon3

Post by pharaon3 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:46 pm

Stewie's Tweaks can be used to set a custom XP multiplier and many other interesting things.
Plus, it's ESPless.

Death_Reaper56

Post by Death_Reaper56 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:57 pm

pharaon3 wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:46 pm
Stewie's Tweaks can be used to set a custom XP multiplier and many other interesting things.
Plus, it's ESPless.
Yep.I recommend Stewie's Tweaks as well.Doesnt take an esp slot and does what you want.

Noxus

Post by Noxus » Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:08 am

Thank you so much for your help guys! Going to try the 1/4 xp suggested, that should be about perfect!

JazzFunkster

Post by JazzFunkster » Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:32 pm

Hello everyone,

I've been desperately trying to set up TTW for the past day and a half (mostly because FO3 is too broken on it's own). I think I finally have things working but I noticed all this talk about reduced xp using stewie teaks. Unlike what most seem to want I actually want a lot of XP because i just want to reach lvl 100 and get perks for each level...basically be a complete destroyer in all aspects.

I was wondering if the provided nvse_stewie_tweaks INI from the nexus download page applies the reduced xp as default:
[Reduced XP]

; multiplier applied to XP, the result is rounded up
fXPMultiplier = 0.500000 ---- Is that reduced or is that vanilla..I'm assuming it has been reduced, and I want to change the value to 1 correct?

Aside from this I think I've figured almost everything else out...I set Imaxcharacterlevel to 100 and set the perksperlevel to 1.

The only other issue I haven't solved yet is after a certain amount of time, usually while sitting still one area or on a terminal screen for a while, the ambient game music starts to break up and stutter...gets worse over time and nothing fixes it once it starts except for quitting to Desktop and reloading. I did find a tidbit about changing a value in the Fallout.ini for audio settings: "Try opening the fallout.ini file in notepad and scroll down until you see iAudioCacheSize=2048 and change the value to 4096. " -- from reddit. I've applied the changes and am waiting to see if the skipping/crackling audio returns.

Not so much expecting any help for the audio issue and hopefully that ini tweak takes of it, but if someone could let me know the ini tweaks I need to make in nvse_stewie_tweaks.ini to return my xp rewards to the vanilla values that would be great...I assume again that it's changing the .50000 to a 1.0000 but I don't want to mess things up and I know very little about this editing stuff.

streetyson

Post by streetyson » Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:27 pm

I'm using the "Experience Level Adjust Mod" downloaded from the Nexus. It's quite an old mod but seems to work just fine in TTW3.2.2 - at least for XP levelling speeds (it comes with a whole host of options, different XP levelling speed esp files and various ones for tweaking rewards too). I started off at 4x slower, but now use the 3x slower one. I've not used it's optional esp files that also change XP rewards balancing so can't say if they work for TTW.

RoyBatty
Gary

Post by RoyBatty » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:45 pm

That mod is incompatible with TTW, it will break things in NV.

streetyson

Post by streetyson » Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:50 pm

Oh dear - thanks for the quick heads-up! I thought it'd be ok because I got the NV one, not the FO3 one. And other commenters' posts on the mod's page said it worked 100% with TTW. But I'm still in DC so thanks for warning. Cheers.

Lyndi

Post by Lyndi » Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:46 am

streetyson wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:50 pm
Oh dear - thanks for the quick heads-up! I thought it'd be ok because I got the NV one, not the FO3 one. And other commenters' posts on the mod's page said it worked 100% with TTW. But I'm still in DC so thanks for warning. Cheers.
Most people on Nexus that claim something works 100% with TTW mean they tested it as far as the loading screen and the game didn't immediately crash. Take claims on the Nexus comments sections with a grain of salt.
Produces the programming equivalent of coffee stains.