Manual Load Order Management: A guide for not using LOOT

General modding guides and authoring tutorials.
UsagiPyon

Re: Manual Load Order Management: A guide for not using LOOT

Post by UsagiPyon » Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:56 am

FiftyTifty wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:48 am
UsagiPyon wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:26 am
Ha, you just have to find opportunity to always self insert yourself in. Yes I do spend a few minutes editing my LO after using LOOT. Which I have already mentioned a few posts above. You still have to do it while following this guide too. Was there any point in repeating what others said? Snarky? Nope :lol:

The issue I have had with BoschPiper has already been resolved. If anyone are still offended by what I have said, they're welcome to band together and circle J :D
Then there's no point using LOOT in the first place, if you're un-fucking your load order. The whole point if it is that it takes care of it for you, which it completely fails to do. It's worthless.
No point to you maybe and don't burst a vein there. To me it serves it's purpose as a starting point and then manual reorganize it. Using vulgarity does nothing to make your point any stronger than to make you look bad. What's next? Name calling? I have enjoyed your mods, I respect you as an author. As a person, you disappoint. And no I'm not offended by a little f word :lol:

Lyaneri

Post by Lyaneri » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:10 am

Usagi is on fire.

I run LOOT after my manual sorting to see what it does and then try to figure out why it does it like that. I never press "APPLY" I just compare it to my load order. LOOT's sorting reminds me a bit of machine translations: It translates but leaves a lot of grammar errors and strange wording of sentences. There are always few mods that LOOT just puts on end for no reason. Guess it does not recognize them so just puts them in the end...
Don't remember if it gave me any useful information in last few years.
"Get fucked." -Driver Nephi

UsagiPyon

Post by UsagiPyon » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:45 am

Not on fire as you thought though :shock:
Yes LOOT does not put some mod correctly, which was why the manual edit. I'm rather enjoying this "hunt the heretic that defends LOOT" because no matter how much time has pass the internet shenanigans remains the same. Where will this go? Like Gunnetwork? We shall see.

Risewild

Post by Risewild » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:50 am

Ok, this is getting weird.

Please refrain (collective "you") from derailing this thread more than it has already been. This is a guide for managing your load order without the help of LOOT. Discussion about who, when, why, etc. use LOOT and if LOOT is great or garbage are not the aim of this guide or this thread.

I would appreciate that if someone doesn't have anything relevant to comment about the actual guide, then please refrain from posting.

Lets try not to be the cat in this situation:

Thanks.
Signature: