Can't continue after turning on the purifier

General help and troubleshooting.
penixphoenis

Can't continue after turning on the purifier

Post by penixphoenis » Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:12 am

I completed the quest Take it Back! by turning on the purifier myself. It goes through the usual slideshow at the end and then it rolls the TTW credits at the end of it, and then a popup box appears at the end congratulating me for completing Fallout: New Vegas, asking me if I want to load a save from before the Battle of Hoover Dam. From there, I either end up in the main menu doing nothing or I am forced to reload a save from before I turned on the purifier.

Really bizarre, I tried Googling this issue but all I get is people who are unable to continue due to custom race mods (which I am not using).

Risewild

Re: Can't continue after turning on the purifier

Post by Risewild » Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:18 am

The answer might be in our FAQ:
faq#FO3Ending
Signature:

penixphoenis

Post by penixphoenis » Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:19 pm

I wasn't aware that the game actually ends if hardcore is enabled. This wasn't a feature in previous versions of TTW if I remember correctly. In fact, my character will also immediately die if I ride the train between NV and DC when hardcore is enabled as all of the survival metres (i.e. FOD, H2O, SLP) become maxed out. Not sure if that is a known issue as well.

I will try disabling hardcore, wiping the floor with Autumn's corpse, turning on the purifier and seeing if I wake up in the Citadel this time.

Risewild

Post by Risewild » Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:58 am

Your character is only supposed to die when activating Project Purity in Hardcore mode. If it also dies when travelling between the Capital Wasteland and the Mojave or when travelling to some DLC locations (like Point Lookout or Honest Hearts for example) then it means you need to update your JIP LN NVSE plugin, since that was caused by a bug in an older version of JIP LN.
Signature:

RoyBatty
Gary

Post by RoyBatty » Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:34 pm

Have a companion start the purifier or have Sarah do it.