advancing a bugged quest

General help and troubleshooting.
wasdwasd12

advancing a bugged quest

Post by wasdwasd12 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:19 pm

hi i got to the Those Quest....I was wondering what are the command console code to advance to the part after you tell Bryan about his father if someone could tell me really quick it really would help i think it be around quest stage 30 .....idk i think my playthrough is bugged and it wont allow me to talk to him about his father :C

drithius

Re: advancing a bugged quest

Post by drithius » Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:00 pm

There's various steps to this quest:
  • Have you found the father?
    Did you find the father before or after talking to Bryan?
    Have you used the shack terminal?
    Have you done Lesko's bidding?
In any case, things should get cleaned up once Lesko sends you back to Bryan. His father is an ancillary part of the quest. If you are still seeing a Find his father objective after having already found and talked to him about it previously, you can use 'setobjectivedisplayed MS04 10 0'. All these MS04 bugs are fixed in TTW 3.3 btw.

wasdwasd12

Post by wasdwasd12 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:30 pm

i thought this was the final build??? so you can confirm 3.3 is coming???

wasdwasd12

Post by wasdwasd12 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:55 pm

Okay I got good news I completed the rest of the quest and everything proceeded normally but I still think it was really weird that his father or the ability to mention that I found his father dead did not pop up I hope that the game Deb's kind of take a look at this maybe it's something I had installed that was causing this issue so I removed most of my mom with my fresh install I mean I could probably ponder so many reasons why this happened but the fact is I completed the quest and everything went smoothly as possible.

I would post my load order but I spent like the last 5 hours adding mods and working on my game so I can just have everything perfect.

But hey I hope that the next version will come I know that if the next version does come a lot of mods for the previous version might become an accessible but that's the price we pay for a more close to perfection tale of two wastelands.