Restore Power to Union Station: Fourth Breaker Switch Missing

General help and troubleshooting.
secain

Restore Power to Union Station: Fourth Breaker Switch Missing

Post by secain » Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:29 am

I started in New Vegas and made a trip to DC at level 30. After completing Mothership Zeta I returned to the train station to go back to New Vegas. The blast doors were down prompting the "Restore Power" quest. I followed the quest, completing all the steps and then got to the part where you flip all the breaker switches. I found three of them but could not find the fourth one. Finally I used movetoqt to take me to the quest goal and it teleported me inside a locker. There was no switch to be found.

Can anyone help me out here? Can I do something with load order or reinstalling mods to get the switch to appear?

If reinstalling or fixing the mod would be too hard is there anything I can do with console commands?

I used the command to force complete the quest but then the blast doors are still closed and won’t open. Displaying the message “the station must be powered on”

I also used the command “set stage” to progress the quest but the same thing happened.

Any help?

Risewild

Re: Restore Power to Union Station: Fourth Breaker Switch Missing

Post by Risewild » Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:02 am

I have no idea what went wrong or how to fix it. But when you start in the Mojave and then go to the Capital Wasteland, the quest to enable the power isn't available and you can't do it, because the power is already on.

The only thing I can think of is that somehow a mod or any other factor (like for example, using console commands) interfered with the normal TTW train transition from the Mojave to the CW and it broke TTW.

Like I said, unfortunately, I have no idea how to fix this. Since I've never seen this problem happening before. :?
Signature:

jlf65

Post by jlf65 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:49 am

I ran into the same issue the first time - you can't really use the quest goals to find the fourth switch. You're going to have to use your head and find it the old fashioned way - by looking. Consider the first three - they have things in common - use that commonality to find the fourth as it's very similar in where it's placed. Check every door into the building, and side doors leading up.
;)

Risewild

Post by Risewild » Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:46 am

jlf65 wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:49 am
I ran into the same issue the first time - you can't really use the quest goals to find the fourth switch. You're going to have to use your head and find it the old fashioned way - by looking. Consider the first three - they have things in common - use that commonality to find the fourth as it's very similar in where it's placed. Check every door into the building, and side doors leading up.
;)
Like I said in my previous post, something is wrong with the OP's game. Since if you start in the Mojave and travel to the Capital Wasteland, there is no quest at all. The doors aren't locked and the power is already on... :?
Signature:

secain

Post by secain » Sat Dec 05, 2020 5:09 am

Risewild wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:46 am
jlf65 wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:49 am
;)
Like I said in my previous post, something is wrong with the OP's game. Since if you start in the Mojave and travel to the Capital Wasteland, there is no quest at all. The doors aren't locked and the power is already on... :?
I just wanted to say I was able to get around the issue by typing "coc TTWTrainEngine01b" and just teleporting to the train rather than completing the quest.
However, I didn't realize the quest marker wasn't where the fourth breaker switch was supposed to be. If I could still complete the quest normally that'd be ideal, even though I'm not even supposed to have this quest.

However, I don't mind using console commands to get around a small issue like this either.