4GB Patcher not working correctly

General help and troubleshooting.
mellifluouslife_97

4GB Patcher not working correctly

Post by mellifluouslife_97 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:18 pm

I'm running TTW through Mo2. I did a manual install of TTW 3.2 and did everything correctly (at least to my knowledge). I'm running NV.exe and Mo2 as administrator, I have the latest version of JIP installed, and every time I check in console to see if it's patched correctly I get (GetIsLAA >>>> 1). Every fix I can find says to run as admin, which I already do, or install the latest JIP, which I have, so not sure how to fix this any help is appreciated.

IAreBob

Re: 4GB Patcher not working correctly

Post by IAreBob » Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:55 pm

What?

That code is returning a 1, which means it is LAA...
Unless I'm an idiot and
I'm reading it wrong.

-IAreBob
Last edited by IAreBob on Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

Himself

Post by Himself » Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:52 am

Windows 10? Maybe your system is using some file protection.
Create a custom folder in your C: and throw the exe in there, apply, then throw it back to FNV folder

Input getislaa into the console and hit enter
The console should report GetisLAA >> 2.0000
If the console reports GetisLAA >> 0.0000, the patch is not installed correctly
If the console reports GetisLAA >> 1.0000, the patch is installed correctly but is not working correctly, so you must run the game as an administrator
If the console reports an error message, you did not install JIP LN NVSE correctly

Mine returns a 2

I think TTW installer should make your New Vegas executable 4Gb and already load nvse_loader, but if for some reason it didtn work - https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/62552
Or grab the first file from the initial post here: https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/thre ... re.112556/
Useful program to keep around, can check if any exe is LAA and turn it into one
Use basic mode, select an exe, check the box and save to make it LAA
use advanced mode, go into ADD and select any exe to check for LAA flag

My nvse_loader.exe wasn't LAA and I made it into one, dunno if that helps with anything though.

Edit - Also, if you did install JIP LN NVSE directly into FNV folder (wich you should) and is launching TTW as a mod in MO2, it is possible that some files from TTW nvse folder are overwriting files from FNV\Data\nvse
inspect your TTW nvse folder and backup/remove files that already exist in FNV\Data\nvse
Last edited by Himself on Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It is a cruel joke that man was born with more intent than life.

mellifluouslife_97

Post by mellifluouslife_97 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:38 pm

Also I should note that it is installed in a different folder other than Program Files(x86) or any of the other windows folders

mellifluouslife_97

Post by mellifluouslife_97 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:55 pm

EDIT: FIXED! Thank you so much, it was indeed an old version of JIP that Mo2 had stashed away, I deleted that out of Mo2's files and viola working like a charm