Hair Mods/Unable to change hair

General help and troubleshooting.
hendersh0t

Hair Mods/Unable to change hair

Post by hendersh0t » Mon May 18, 2020 2:01 am

Been having trouble with this question. Recently started new TTW playthrough on fresh install of everything. The character creation at the beginning of the prologue looked fine with some custom hair and face texture, but at the time I got to be an adult, my appearance defaulted to the standard preset. Using showbarbermenu, I can't change hairstyle. Using showracemenu [which I just used to troubleshoot], I can't either (even if I change sex). It may be linked to using Mojave Delight which uses some custom races? Although again it worked fine up until the transform to adult. Any help would be appreciated. I'm so early in the playthrough I can easily just start over but I assume it might just happen again. FNV edit couldn't find any conflicts related to hair or face textures, but the conflict is probably somewhere else.

MO2 Load Order: https://pastebin.com/3rnRPG0s

IAreBob

Re: Hair Mods/Unable to change hair

Post by IAreBob » Mon May 18, 2020 12:24 pm

The problem is the fact that your race doesn't have a properly linked child race. The game defaults back to CaucasianChild if it can't find a child race linked to your adult race, then it changes to Caucasian as your character becomes an adult. The method I use is to make a copy of CaucasianChild, make its adult race the custom race, and the custom race use the duplicated child as the child race.

-IAreBob

hendersh0t

Re: Hair Mods/Unable to change hair

Post by hendersh0t » Mon May 18, 2020 9:19 pm

Thanks! I'll try doing that.